Main Menu

Beastlord Class Correspondent APP up!!!!!

Started by Humlaine, July 20, 2007, 06:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

Beastlord Class correspondent app is up on EQlive forums, go there to apply!

you have until july 25, 2007 to PM your app to zat.

You can thank me for hounding her with emails and pm's

and ya I am apping if your wondering :-D

sicshift

Inphared

I only have one concern over the entire issue:

What if the "elected/chosen/whatever" person isn't liked by some of the community members? No, I'm not saying I don't like Humlaine, or anyone else, but it's a fact of life that not everyone likes everyone. I reviewed the application and all it looks like they're looking for is your name, your activity on various forums, and what guild you're in. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but it seemed like just about everyone liked Tastian, and "the new guy" might have a tough time fitting into that role.

Humlaine

I feel the same way, I personally dont care who the CC is aslong as he's well liked among the community and represents not only the beastlord community but the pet classes community as well, High end would help a good amount also, they can help all types of players then also

Khauruk

Quote from: Humlaine on July 21, 2007, 01:23:59 AM
aslong as he's well liked among the community

That rules me out!  I was enjoying seeing my negative karma add up alongside the positive before they removed them from the site.

I'd love to do it, and I think I'm finally getting to the point where I know enough about the game.  But, I'm so far out of current group/raid content it's not even funny.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

JillieMT

I don't mean to be mean, but some of you applying definitely need to improve your communication skills. Tastian used good spelling and proper grammar, and those are more important than uber high-endedness.

I love ya Humlaine, but your communication skills could use some brushing up!  :-)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Humlaine

ya, I know they could jillie.  Trust me when I say this, "my typing skills are decent, but as for proper grammar I am still not as good as tastian was or will ever be."  With that being said, I usually rush on alot of my posts, but have been learning to slow down a good bit comapred to what I used to do, and as for my ways of communicating, I will be honest here, I am usually not a mean person, but getting Zat to do anything was a act of god and more so, I had to go over her head to make this happen.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Jaeren

Whoever does get the job (burden? ;)) of the CC, I'll help them out here however I can.

As far as the Karma, too many people grumbling about their karma being low / someone spamming theirs lower / etc that I just removed it from showing

EQ - Morell Thule / Erollisi Marr (Retired):
[75 Beastlord] Jaeren (Barbarian)
[72 Cleric] Velissia (High Elf)
[69 Shaman] Sotar (Vah Shir)

WoW - Medivh (Retired):
[60 Rogue] Draeven (Undead)
[60 Priest] Lifesaver (Undead)
[56 Rogue] Klaien (Human)
[51 Paladin] Keidian (Human)

VSOH - Flamehammer (Retired)
[34 Disciple] Daevien (Half Elf)
[33 Bard] Pastorius (Kojani)
[26 Dread Knight] Draeven (Kojani)

Humlaine

I will post once we know who the new CC is

Hanelce

Humlaine,

You have done a good job at getting the CC app out there, and posting your ideas on how to improve the beastlord class as a whole.  Although we have had our disagreements, I do like your determination, and I think you'll be one to push our ideas through.

The one thing I ask of you, if you do happen to become the new beast CC, is that you be more receptive to other's ideas.  Your lack of reception can be demonstrated in the Class Envisionment thread.  If you manage to get the spot, you have to remember that you are no longer representing YOUR ideas, but the ideas of the beastlord class as a whole.  The CC job is definitely not an undertaking I would accept, and I wish you luck.

75 Arch Animist

Humlaine

aye I can be very "hard-headed" at times, and am not always the nicest person when it comes to idea's and how I come across, that I Can admit.  I however think I am making improvements in that area, and only time can really tell, and to be honest there's about 6 of us out there. I hope more that are qualified to be our next CC, I just hope they are every bit as much determination as I do.

Grbage

Quote from: Humlaine on July 21, 2007, 04:26:45 AM
ya, I know they could jillie.  Trust me when I say this, "my typing skills are decent, but as for proper grammar I am still not as good as tastian was or will ever be."  With that being said, I usually rush on alot of my posts, but have been learning to slow down a good bit comapred to what I used to do, and as for my ways of communicating, I will be honest here, I am usually not a mean person, but getting Zat to do anything was a act of god and more so, I had to go over her head to make this happen.

What I learned before shooting off emails at work, this really applies when I'm mad. Slow down, re-read the email several times to make sure it says what you want how you want, minimize the darn thing and play some solitaire (it calms me) then go back and read it over again. Only after all that has been done do I hit send.

As to the actual topic of this post. We got lucky with Tastian, just about everyone liked and respected him. Hopefully this will happen for the next CC too but (another life lesson coming) even if you don't like somebody you need to learn how to work with them anyway.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Humlaine

as long as they have good communication skills , and are a active part of this forum and eqlive, good typing, I think it will work out in the long run, everyones gonna have to adjust to who ever gets the position.  I would personally perfer its someone closer to the top end of the game, due to the under lying issues we have up there. While some top-end bst's forget what low-levels go through , we just need a well rounded beastlord. Hopefully he's not hated by the community or has never posted here type of deal, only time will tell who it is

Humlaine

I am also curious after reading zat's post about the app, whats gonna happen after the 25? is there gonna be a vote or what?? from what I can tell its appointed from what they got on the app, which I dont think is the best interest of our class, it should be voted on by our community