Main Menu

Help on hunting grounds

Started by JurrelFV, July 26, 2007, 12:08:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=308

It's called The Lost Notebook.  Quest starts in Corathus Creep.  Your task is to go to the hive and collect 9 missing pages from Brovil's notebook.  There are no named, no summoners, and a very big kite area if you choose to kite (I just tank em).  Normal missions the mobs are all level 68-71 and on hard missions the mobs are all level 73.  Even on hard, which is only one I do, max hit is around 1100 and normal hits are around 600 so my Druid can easily heal me.

sicshift

hmm sounds about the same as rss

dainfrol

69.1 is a spell mission from DoDh expansion is DoD Level 69 Spell #1: The Lost Notebook and that's the link from Alla.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Khauruk

Quote from: sicshift on August 02, 2007, 10:21:21 PM
hmm sounds about the same as rss

I actually found it considerably harder to tank, though it has been a good while (and was at lvl70).  Perhaps it's just higher attack speed or higher attack rating on the mobs? /shrug...ymmv.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

sicshift

ok i tried it yesterday and yeah ive done the mission before. i tried the normal just to get a feel for 2boxin it. after the first "field" of mobs it looks like a lot of time splittin mobs /shrug so i ditched it. went and tested rss some more and after a feel for that, it seemed i ended up waiting on mobs. (i just camp the ent and being we use cold spells mainly and i have a cold aug i dont do the cold mobs, and i also havent gotten balsy enough to pull a room yet heh) so i decided to try bears in icefall....sheesh them fuggers are mean lol. i did it, but it just doesnt seem efficient. now i dont have all of my def aa, just the first 8 avoidance. not sure how much any of the other def aa will help as i keep reading how it all sucks past that point /shrug  ill have to try a couple more times to see how it compares to my current spot

Khauruk

If you're tanking things at that level, all the def. AAs are very useful.  They're just expensive.  But, you're missing 25% (? can't recall exact # atm) on mitigation, and a good bit of avoidance.  Offhand riposte AAs are good too.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

sicshift

yeah im missing 10 ranks of avoidance and all 18 mitigation. just finished up pet crits so now i guess im going to work on some mitigation

Gunzak

I just do 69.1 Hard since I can go as slow as I want and since it's instanced no one can bother me.  There is little loot to speak of except rare random drops and chest loot though.  I will have to hit MPG named again soon since my Druid is gonna be 70 soon and I have no glowing runes for him.  I plan to try and box some MPG trials soon so hopefully I can get my Druid some upgrades as I have really neglected his gear.

As for AAs I have 13 ranks of avoidance and 13 ranks of mitigation and have PE1.  From reading the parses on the EQlive board between Monks and Rangers it looks like the next 5 ranks of mitigation lowered the avg dmg a total of 0.98% and the next 5 ranks of avoidance caused the mobs to miss 1.57% more.  I have not yet decided whether to max my defensives or do other AAs first.

Monk 18% shielding 2592AC
no aa, 640.97 avg punch, 27.23% misses, DI20 6.28%, DI1 28.99%
ca3/cs3, 633.33 avg punch, 29.85% misses, DI20 6.09%, DI1 30.17%
ca3/cs3/pe, 629 avg punch, 30.3% misses, DI20 5.88%, DI1 30.83%
ca8/cs8/pe, 613.33 avg punch, 34.44% misses, DI20 5.18%, DI1 33.23%
ca13/cs13/pe, 605.66 avg punch, 35.88% misses, DI20 4.83%, DI1 34.54%
ca18/cs18/pe, 597.56 avg punch, 37.45% misses, DI20 4.23%, DI1 35.95%

sicshift

Quote from: Gunzak on August 03, 2007, 06:13:33 PM

As for AAs I have 13 ranks of avoidance and 13 ranks of mitigation and have PE1.  From reading the parses on the EQlive board between Monks and Rangers it looks like the next 5 ranks of mitigation lowered the avg dmg a total of 0.98% and the next 5 ranks of avoidance caused the mobs to miss 1.57% more.  I have not yet decided whether to max my defensives or do other AAs first.

bleh thats depressing

Gunzak

According to the dps calculator by spending 38AA to max Combat Fury and Veterans Wrath I will add 29.22dps.  If the calculator is accurate, only goes to level 70, then that is a much more beneficial use of my AA points.

Tiroon

Quote from: Gunzak on August 03, 2007, 06:13:33 PM
From reading the parses on the EQlive board between Monks and Rangers it looks like the next 5 ranks of mitigation lowered the avg dmg a total of 0.98% and the next 5 ranks of avoidance caused the mobs to miss 1.57% more.

The 5 ranks of avoidance raised the misses by 1.57 percentage points, increasing the miss rate by 4.37%, i.e 4.37% less swings/damage taken. Still not quite what I would like to see but almost respectable.

The mitigation on the othe hand is leet. The average punch was reduced by 1.337%  :-D
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gunzak

Your right my math was wrong it is 1.337% which isn't worth the trouble.  As for CA18 it might be 4.37% better then CA13 but it still only means the mobs will miss 1.57% less.