New warder - still needs work

Started by jitathab, November 20, 2007, 12:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hanelce

the sky is blue....

Sorry, just posting that, to see if Inphared will disagree with it too

75 Arch Animist

Inphared

I may disagree, but I provide evidence to back my bunny up. Do you?

(The sky really isn't blue. It's light refracting off of the water particles in the air.)

Denti

And in some zones the sky has a completely different colour :)

And yes, i haven't had the pleasure of the 15k hit but 7k is still mighty fine for a 30 sec refresh ability. And the dps is easy to confirm if you raid with the relevant weapons and classes.

Humlaine

I dont see any real issues with our pets, if you dont have the AA's yes I can see pets not being where you think they should be, but once you add in the AA's our pets are greatly better then they were before.

As for Dps inph know's who rules the roost =P

Hanelce

Quote from: Inphared on November 21, 2007, 12:03:28 AM
I may disagree, but I provide evidence to back my bunny up. Do you?

(The sky really isn't blue. It's light refracting off of the water particles in the air.)

I honestly don't care how much evidence you bring to the table.  Its the condescending tone of your posts, that is nicely displayed in the quote.

You may be Inphared, from Triality - but honestly, I see you as just another person that pays to play a game.  You are no more, no less.  You may have a bit more knowledge of the game, but you certainly don't show it with your snide comments.

I jokinly made that post from above, and you reacted as I thought you would.. funny..

75 Arch Animist

Juksh

Imphared -  Question for you on your parse and opinion on where we fit for DPS and for our pets.  At what point in the game (content) do you see us fitting into the dps role that you parsed?  You are by far a midline beast, my guess would be you fit in the top 2%.  Where do the rest of use fit? I think most beasts fit in the midline for gear and dps, do our pets still hold up for being what you say they are and should be?

my magelo is a bit out of date but is reasonable close (78 now and more AA)
Juksh Tenshi
LVL 80 Arch Animist

Gummey Bare
LVL 80 Druid

Khauruk

I'm not inphared, but will somewhat reply anyways.

Pets - pets hold up even better at lower end content than higher imo.  Lesser AEs, lower AE ramp, etc,....  We may not have the gigantic manapool to be able to keep them up, but their relative strength is greater.  We'll see how pet foci scale this expansion, however...I've seen the stats on it, but haven't seen any pop up on Lucy yet, nor have I spoken w/ people equipping them in beta.  The system seems much more systematic and thought out (but sounds a bit lacking still /shrug).

As far as overall dps, I think we're doing well against most classes at any level of content (relative to the dry period of omens /don at least).  Our group dps is good if you keep both poison nukes, BatM, and some cold nukes loaded (agro's big though), esp. w/ ooc regen.  Finally, good martial weapons are available even in the bazaar (best I've seen was 28/19 I think, at last 26/20), w/ 35% foci and better pet foci around.  More mod2s are available overall, too.  Compare to berzerkers..the only bazaarable weapons I've seen there are very similar ratio to their epic 1.5s.

You are apparently doing at least a little bit of raiding at anguish level - any dedicated raider at that level can max out accuracy and avoidance, and do a good job with their other foci.  From there, weaponry gets better, and our dps starts to mount.  Frankly, from anguish through Deathknell, dps does not increase much.  TSS isn't necessarily a big help, as weapon drops are uncommon.

So, between spells and discs, I don't think there's any progression point now where a beastlord can't do very respectable dps if well geared/AAs for the content.  Are we wizards?  No...but, we're not being outdpsed by warriors right and left now.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Quote from: Hanelce on November 21, 2007, 05:47:15 PMI honestly don't care how much evidence you bring to the table.  Its the condescending tone of your posts, that is nicely displayed in the quote.

If you're going to take pot shots at me, I'm not going to let them fly.

Quote from: Hanelce on November 21, 2007, 05:47:15 PMYou may be Inphared, from Triality - but honestly, I see you as just another person that pays to play a game.  You are no more, no less.  You may have a bit more knowledge of the game, but you certainly don't show it with your snide comments.

If you think I'm trying to impose myself as this amazing god of a player, you are severely mistaken.

Quote from: Hanelce on November 21, 2007, 05:47:15 PMI jokinly made that post from above, and you reacted as I thought you would.. funny..

You weren't joking. You were cracking at me because I replied to a post with evidence contradicting it. Nice try.

Quote from: Juksh on November 21, 2007, 07:17:28 PM
At what point in the game (content) do you see us fitting into the dps role that you parsed?  You are by far a midline beast, my guess would be you fit in the top 2%.  Where do the rest of use fit? I think most beasts fit in the midline for gear and dps, do our pets still hold up for being what you say they are and should be?

Khauruk summed a lot of it very well, and here's my take.

I see us fitting into that role relatively quickly. If you're using bazaar weapons against a ranger in DoN weapons there's obviously going to be a gap, but we are unique in that we get just as much benefit from spell/melee focii as rangers do, yet we also have our pet. Unfortunately our pet is not a significant portion of our DPS (it only gets worse as we get better, I'd say my own pet is maybe 20% of my DPS, if that.), but it helps to have the AA's to maximize his DPS. Flurry are the big ones. It's all about how you play and how effectively you utilize what you've got. Having all the proper focii makes a big difference.