Main Menu

SoF 2 Weeks later!

Started by Humlaine, November 28, 2007, 12:50:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Quote from: Grbage on January 02, 2008, 03:18:20 PM
Quote from: Humlaine on December 24, 2007, 10:24:08 AM
its about 40 dps with no AA's, its one of the many parses I did on beta, granted it was with 100% haste, the weapons were various ranging from groupable SoF weapons to the highest being tier 4 raid SoF weapons, the net gain was still near 40 dps if not more in some cases. If you're wanting to be nit picky, if your consistent enough on parses that your dps doesn't vary and have a reliable mob you can parse on for hours on end then by all means please check it yourself.  I just won't post random BS and say omg it's the truth, its just not my way. as for accuracy, even preanguish capping your accuracy is something that wasn't to hard speaking with GoD items.

You say with no AA so I'm assuming you used a beta buffed toon, what attk rating were you parsing 40dps at? Every parse I've seen shows a big gain in dps up to ~2200attk but plateaus after that. Remember one of the top monks in TSS (or was it TBS?) beta parsed the DPS gain from fero at just over 11DPS and his attk was nearing 3k if I remember right.

Humlaine - perhaps I'm just misreading you, but that sounds hard to believe it was ~40dps with all that variance in weapons/etc.  But, I'm very glad to see it was a definite gain, and am using it now...will have to do some general parses over a few grind sessions to see just what the gain is for me.

Grbage - I don't like how Humlaine phrases the parsing that he did, but he did some, and I haven't, so I'll go with his numbers.  Mob AC jumped since Wycca did those parses, so ATK will have worthwhile value to higher ATK numbers - Whatever the actual dps numbers are for your setup, you'll have to see.  But, the "softcap" for SoF content will be much higher than what Wycca was testing against - Humlaine found value up to 3k attack.  Sadly, the Test NPC bots on the Test server for parsing aren't configurable with ATK values up to SoF levels.  Maddoc I think it was (assistant lead designer) said it was one of his goals for the next beta - the parsebots are really showing their age.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Khauruk

On another note - where are all the Improved Block items this expansion?  I know they did the client-side work to combine IB and Imp Parry, but all I've seen is Imp. Parry on items.

Also, SoF pet foci are on what item slot?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Khauruk on January 02, 2008, 09:35:39 PM
On another note - where are all the Improved Block items this expansion?  I know they did the client-side work to combine IB and Imp Parry, but all I've seen is Imp. Parry on items.

Also, SoF pet foci are on what item slot?

I have an attunable earring required level 75, recommended 80 with Servant of Chaos
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

nedoirah

Why not give fero a component that gives it something aside from just attack/sta/resists?

Pet rune spells? My pet autoprocs a rune (prismatic skin) Why do we need these other 3?

Pet haste/group haste recourse. I was in a group the other night and they kept howling at me for haste. Usually I keep single cast memmed but figured with the rate of the pulls it was easier to use the haste recourse. Just make the haste recourse effect last longer so it is more effective for us to use.

AAs. Most of them are good though I think some aren't as good as they should be. Pact needs a little tweaking. I haven't gotten anything else at this point since I've been concentrating on leveling but now that I'm 80, I'll be doing aa more.

Humlaine

Quote from: nedoirah on January 03, 2008, 12:09:38 PM
Why not give fero a component that gives it something aside from just attack/sta/resists?

Pet rune spells? My pet autoprocs a rune (prismatic skin) Why do we need these other 3?

Pet haste/group haste recourse. I was in a group the other night and they kept howling at me for haste. Usually I keep single cast memmed but figured with the rate of the pulls it was easier to use the haste recourse. Just make the haste recourse effect last longer so it is more effective for us to use.

AAs. Most of them are good though I think some aren't as good as they should be. Pact needs a little tweaking. I haven't gotten anything else at this point since I've been concentrating on leveling but now that I'm 80, I'll be doing aa more.

the problem with that is , fero itself isn't great ( speaking from the mana cost in terms) and it's true usefulness is in relation to your total attack and mod's,  Adding another mod to fero makes it difficult to adjust to so it will stack with everything, and still retain it's value, and with that said dev's won't change it from what fero already is, they will make a new spell line before that

Bumkus

Quote from: Khauruk on January 02, 2008, 09:31:38 PM
Mob AC jumped since Wycca did those parses, so ATK will have worthwhile value to higher ATK numbers

I thought mob ATK was boosted in SoF, but not AC

Grbage

Quote from: Bumkus on January 03, 2008, 05:40:05 PM
Mob AC jumped since Wycca did those parses, so ATK will have worthwhile value to higher ATK numbers

Devs posted they intended to up mob AC since it had been stagnate. But, I've seen post saying it did not go live and seen post saying it did. I'm personally not sure.

Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Humlaine

Quote from: Grbage on January 03, 2008, 06:08:38 PM
Quote from: Bumkus on January 03, 2008, 05:40:05 PM

Devs posted they intended to up mob AC since it had been stagnate. But, I've seen post saying it did not go live and seen post saying it did. I'm personally not sure.

Both were boosted with the Release of SoF, hince why dps as a whole seems worse and our tanking ability is drastically worse with lower AC then it has been in previous expansions

nedoirah

Quote from: Humlaine on January 03, 2008, 01:05:30 PM
Quote from: nedoirah on January 03, 2008, 12:09:38 PM

the problem with that is , fero itself isn't great ( speaking from the mana cost in terms) and it's true usefulness is in relation to your total attack and mod's,  Adding another mod to fero makes it difficult to adjust to so it will stack with everything, and still retain it's value, and with that said dev's won't change it from what fero already is, they will make a new spell line before that

Thanks for the reply :-D. If that is the case then why not lower the mana cost to make it more worthwhile or increase the duration? (or both)(75% of current mana cost and/or 125% of current duration for example)

Khauruk

2 way communication with Prathun was non-existent this beta period - player spells were almost entirely cut and paste x% upgrades from previous versions, and were never tuned.

Ferocity received nothing more and nothing less than our previous versions...thankfully, ATK softcap was boosted w/ SoF to make the spell more useful for a few people.

Supposedly, some more spell tuning was going to happen post-beta, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of Prathun on the EQLive forums....maybe he's still on vacation for some reason.  Or, he knows the shitstorm that will be thrown his way when he pops his head up :)
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

prathun's there he just isn't one for communication like nodyin was.  Nodyin was a godsend to our class, along with rytan helping with pets we actually made out pretty decently despite having ok at best spells.