Main Menu

Ferocity

Started by Humlaine, August 03, 2007, 09:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Quote5)  Group spell with single cast available.  So instead of getting a useful spell, now we sacrifice 2 spells for this......... cmon.

We're not tied to a certain number of spells anymore...at least that's what people were told at FanFaire.  But, that makes 2 spells that you'll want at rk. 2-3 and all the junk that entails.

As far as the spell being based upon rogues only, I think we could get it tuned in beta to be useful for monks, zerkers, and rogues.  DPS buff for all melee dps classes.  Heck, I'd love it if it didn't land on rogues, so I wouldn't need to keep asking them to drop SoS.

If we do get single cast (and I'll be surprised if it isn't), we should try to get it's cast time reduced drastically....perhaps 2seconds (recast upped to mesh w/ current).  Something that'll make it worth casting in battle.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Tomorrow

Quote from: Khauruk on August 10, 2007, 02:39:06 PM
As far as the spell being based upon rogues only, I think we could get it tuned in beta to be useful for monks, zerkers, and rogues.  DPS buff for all melee dps classes.  Heck, I'd love it if it didn't land on rogues, so I wouldn't need to keep asking them to drop SoS.

The spells upper limitation will be based upon the highest melee in game.  Nevertheless i am sure it will be analyzed through time through other classes.

The spell is broke for a few reasons
1.  Just does not do much when fully buffed, you would have more burst dps with your BaTM or even ur Pet.  If wycca parses it as an 11 dps upgrade spell lasting 6 mins........ 11x6x60=3960 damage bonus in a whopping 6 min fight assuming no players die.  Even with a duration focus of 10 mins............ it will be a 11x10x60  6600 dmg bump in a total of of 10 minute fight assumiming the (monk) does not die.
2.  Inefficient cost of mana
3.  Lastly cast time .......... robbing the beastlords dps (due to cast time) to enhance anothers dps.  You lose mana which could be used for another real dps spell, and u lose melee time during spell casts.  Its a great resist buff though.

Currently if your raid buffed the spell is uselss........ it robs peter and gives it to paul.
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Smobon

I know that it is still in beta stages, but on alla it shows fero as just being an upgrade from the previous ones. Now, i know nothing on alla could be truthful but, its not showing any form of grp or possibility of grp fero or aura.

Is there still a chance to change it with enough push? or is sony still hanging back on us and i am overeacting? Oh, and looks like we might have a new spell......

Khauruk

The spell info that is publicly available before the beta NDA is lifted is beyond unreliable.  It would be wise to assume that every AA and spell is modified/retuned/scrapped/replaced at least 10 times during beta.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Yoggi

I generally don't eeven bother posting on these topics since it seems most people seem to not even use the spell at all.  I am doing the high-end raiding and I constantly keep fero on 6-8 people through out the entire raid each night ( depending on mana dots and deaths ).  There are a significant difference on our rogues/zerkers/paladins/rangers/even me if not using fero on burn type raid mobs.   Do I use it alot during groups?  Well that depends on what kind of grouping I doing or where we are at.  Getting completely rid of the line is a very bad idea.... turning it into an aura and single cast?  Well that sounds nice but not exactly sure what you mean.... is the aura going to have the same effect as the spell?  We generally have 3 beasts on raids every night. 

We are not a DPS class!If that is waht you are wanting to be maybe you should re-roll your toon as a zerker or rogue. Not saying we can't do good DPS because I know we can... I have parsed over 2k more than once on burn mobs ( including pet ) and still keep fero on the high dps people during the fight.  Group version would be nice but I with the others thinking that they would just add a ridiculous amount of mana comsumed to cast it.  I agree the line needs to be reworked and I liked the ideas that Hum came up with........ but if they take it away what significant purpose to you serve on the raid if not to increase the DPS of the raid? 
Click image for Magelo

[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul was hit by non-melee for 16981
[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Yoggi scores a critical hit! (16978)
Proud Officer/RL of SoS
80 Beastlord of Maelin

Inphared

Quote from: Yoggi on September 23, 2007, 04:43:09 AM
... but if they take it away what significant purpose to you serve on the raid if not to increase the DPS of the raid?

This implies that Ferocity is such a significant buff that:

1) The Beastlord wants to have it memorized and be willing to cast it,
2) Whomever wants it sees it as something that's amazing, and it's not,
3) Your raid sees you as a small shaman that gives small DPS boosts to other melee classes, which is not the case.
4) The answer to your question: SE and Paragon.

Urim

QuoteI am doing the high-end raiding and I constantly keep fero on 6-8 people through out the entire raid each night ( depending on mana dots and deaths ).  There are a significant difference on our rogues/zerkers/paladins/rangers/even me if not using fero on burn type raid mobs.

The parses that have been done numerous times disagree with this claim of 'significant difference'. Instead it provides an almost unnoticeably difference, visible only through parsing (and the minds of delusional dpsers).
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Khauruk

One berserker (Swampy or Kumbaja, don't recall which) parses about zero difference with over 1500ATK gain (differences were small enough that you can't say they're outside of statistical probability).  He's outparsed himself at 2500atk vs. almost 4,000 atk, even.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Yoggi

Swamp is one of the zerkers that asks for is constantly as do the rest of the zerkers and rogues...
Click image for Magelo

[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Ur-Floxiz Lochmaul was hit by non-melee for 16981
[Wed Jul 23 21:28:43 2008] Yoggi scores a critical hit! (16978)
Proud Officer/RL of SoS
80 Beastlord of Maelin

Sikkem

Quote from: Yoggi on September 24, 2007, 04:29:49 AM
Swamp is one of the zerkers that asks for is constantly as do the rest of the zerkers and rogues...

And Swamp is also usually one of the first at the Devs to improve it because it doesn't do a whole lot...

It was raised again last Dev Chat and once again they stated there was nothing they could do to improve it.  :x

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Maylian

Probably both, Kumbaja has never asked me for Fero during raids so almost certainly understands its lacklustre performance. I normally hit a few monks with Fero before main raid mobs since OoC offsets the mana, but most classes still seem to be under the impression its an amazing buff. Many people ask if there is room on my fero rot, not realising I haven't had a rotation since GoD.

Discordant

For whats worth, I voted aura/single cast.

No amount of changes to the class will bring me back to EQ though.