Main Menu

If not buffs, then what?

Started by Tastian, October 18, 2005, 05:07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

I still think the post I made is a good direction for us as disco was the original owner of most of that information but I have talked to alot of bsts serverwide who feel the same.....I just feel its a good thing to repost this as a direction for us to go in

Zirk

I know this may be late to the discussion, but...

It seems to me that Beastlords are the Masters / Alpha Dog of the pet kingdom.  And when I think of raids, I think of pack tactics trying to bring down a big creature.  So, what if there was an AA or series of AAs that summoned a stationary ward.  What this ward would do is count the number of pets within it's range each tick and use that number to either increase each pet's damage or provide some group abilities to just those pets.  It would be a short enough duration that multiple BSTs in a raid would be beneficial, and it would encourage other pet classes to use their pets as well to increase the pet number.  Essentially it's power would be linked directly to the number of pets in a raid at the time of the AA being used (or per tic).  A zerg for pets. 

Depending on how you ramp up the power of the effect, it would essentially be useless for a solo BST but it could still be nice in groups.  Additional AAs could increase the power, range, and possibly duration.  Maybe even lower the level of pet required to count.    When I think of this idea, the thought of a Pet Focus is what brought it to mind.

Sorry if my thoughts are disjointed.  Been up a couple days now.  LOL.

Humlaine

mages already have that in aura affect called rathes str or w/e its called

ubahcatsnappinturtle

im a raid bst, i got 18.7khp with growl / trib and have the AC of a crushbone orc,

i love playing a utililty for grp but i also love to raid, and thats were we are poor, not only do we have little to offer in terms off buffs, OOC regen has made AoS (paragon) mostly pointless.

in raids at high end, (well, from OOW onwards) pets are so hazardous in wiping raids, taking ramp etc when /pet hold fails , accedentally not put on, pet push etc... that most guilds will not allow pets to be used unless its a straight forward kill with no tactics.

with my 2.0 and a pimp ass tonfa this gives me the dps of a small badjur and a few random /tells for fero.. not the most fun in the world.

maybe this issue has/ hasnt been mentioned, im new to this site and just putting in my 2cp.

oh, and why oh why are we using the same single target/ short duration haste that was on lvl55 ornate armour, haste potions are the same spell with better a better duration then our haste and i use them myself as its more convinent.