Main Menu

Per Prathun's request at FF, spells parent classes have that the hybrids should

Started by Khauruk, August 05, 2007, 06:04:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nusa

Quote from: Khauruk on August 06, 2007, 12:21:35 AM
Quote from: Nusa on August 05, 2007, 07:22:53 PM

Perhaps the equivalent of the level 35 monk disc: Ton Po's Defense (Increase chance to block 100% for 3 ticks).
Our block skill isn't as high as monks, but we are the only classes that get block at all, so it makes sense. And a second defense disc would be useful.

Unless I'm misreading that, Ton Po's Defense will simply double our block success rate for 18 seconds.  Not a huge impact from what I can see, but I'm not sure what our total block rate is.  Does anybody have a figure?  Also, what's the reuse time on that?  I'm guessing it's much much higher than our current def. disc.

I don't know what the reuse time is, but it's on timer 9, which means it doesn't conflict with anything we currently have. As for block, it's at least twice as powerful as dodge or parry. I don't know about you, but I noticed when I got an "Improved Block III"(24%) worn item. I suspect I'd notice another 100% even more.

But my real point is it meets the requirements of the question: 1) Existing ability 2) Appropriate for our class 3) Not too high a level on the parent class. And it's a whole lot more than, "I don't see anything we want from monks." If I had it, I'd use it.

And the reason I didn't suggest the other basic monk defensives is that they are all on the same timer with longer reuse times. We've already got one of the best of those (MNK Stonestance = BST Protective Spirit). I suppose we could as for the upgrade to that (MNK Earthwalk, same thing plus stun resistance).

Another possibility would be the MNK Planeswalk Discipline (+125% movement for 3 ticks), but that's not a biggie either.

I'm not silly enough to ask for any of the pacify disciplines....we'd never get those.

Mewzee

Things I'd like to see as spells that Beastlords NEED currently because we're lacking...

Upgrade Protective Spirit Disc - /agree...make it from 90 to 100% and make it 18 seconds instead of 12? lol.

Flying Kick - /drooooll....a long ago I dreamed of this...would love it..

Tail Rake - could be our new Rake? lolol or an additional rake with our tails?...meow? that way we got two rakes to choose from, but make this one lower aggro...?

Talisman of Celerity - group haste please..belive it or not its been needed at raids at one time where theres no shaman or enchanters.

Upgraded Single Target Haste

Spirit Veil - set duration invis self only, PLEASE GOD ALMIGHTY

Potameid Salve - a ranger spell...call it something else if you want but WE NEED IT. Its about damn time that I can cure a freaking poison/disease/curse on myself and others in one spell, plus a heal.

Cure Corruption OR Chant of the Napaea OR BOTH!!!! These are new cures that are NEEDED BADLY, and would give beastlords UTILITY at raids once again, another possbility is to create a NEW SPELL that is a combination of Potameid Salve + Cure Corruption and be a heal+poison/disease/curse/corruption cure in one spell. Beastlords need something of high utility for curing and we've needed it for a long time...this would be the spell I would fight for alot...

Talisman of the Tribunal - this would upgrade and eliminate the use for Jasinth and Shadoo..and yes its sometimes still used..

Levitate - would be nice but thats why I went and got a Fabled Pegasus Cloak FTW...so i can trade this spell for something more useful..still it wouldn't hurt

Cripple - don't care for it...beastlords are never asked to debuff anything...why start now? lol..

Spirit of Scale - totally useless, pass.

and finally I disagree ALOT with AE SLOW lololol...they never ask bsts to slow anything..not sure if its a good idea to give us even MORE aggro when we already have issues there and a dead bst is a zero dps beast.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Grbage

Is it a spell or aa that cures mala/malo? With /ooc regen that is something that would be very useful.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Kroe

The radiant cure aa's (priests+pally's) will cure Mala/Maloxxx as they have a 'Remove Detrimental' chance.  Shaman spell 'Pure Spirit' also can remove them.

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

Bumkus

Quote from: Khauruk on August 06, 2007, 04:01:12 AM
Quote from: Bumkus on August 06, 2007, 03:56:22 AM
Upgraded Protective Spirit Disc

Not what Prathun's looking for, and not something that'll be even potentially addressed until beta's underway, I'd wager.  I'm curious what exactly you're looking for though...

Current:
Protective Spirit Discipline
Slot    Description
1:    Increase Melee Mitigation by 90%
Recast Time:     234
Duration:    2 ticks

What upgrade are you thinking of?

I listed Prot Disc trying to think if our other parent class had something to help with the melee side of things.  If Prathun is only looking at spells, then you're right, this is outside the scope of this topic.

Prot Discs has not really scaled with mob DPS.  It is a great disc, don't get me wrong, but you can still take in excess of 1K damage per round with Protective running, so you don't want to hold off to pop this when low on health.

This is really our only "get out of jail free" card, but I use it more for efficiency than for emergency.

Bumkus

Ok.  I'm gonna try to be more productive and list real spells I'd like

Disinfecting Aura - SHM level 52. (For the upgraded Poison cure and convenience factor)
Cripple - SHM level 53 (Anything that reduces mob DPS = Good)
Remove Greater Curse - SHM level 54 (Oh heck, I could live without this one)
Tigir's Insects - SHM level 58 (After being sneaky and upgrading our slow through a Pet Proc, we are due an AoE Slow spell.)
Talisman of Celerity - SHM level 64 (but if this is the only upgrage we get after this little excercise, I'll be pissed.)
Ancestral Guard - SHM level 61 (our only AC buff adds only 10ac, or is it 13?)
Spirit of Puma (50), Jaguar (57), Leapard (61) - And I'd trade Paragon for Talisman of the Panther

I would also like to see upgraded DoTs, but I believe I am in minority.  Throw in Canni I, II, III or IV, and it would tend to a lot of our soloing woes.

TabarQuell

Copied from my EQLive post:

Beastlords from shaman spells i would not mind seeing:

Combo Poi/Dis resist spell (we have the separate ones already, would be nice to condense them)

Better Poison cure spell (even if only single target, keeping myself cured of a DoT, is one less cure that other priests have to cast)

Minor Curse cure spell (to get rid of those lingering curses that stick around after a battle is over)

Minor Malo (Cause -20 MR is not a good resist check for slow, i should almost just use my 3.5 minute duration 0 MR check slow, and on some raid turned group mobs, i do!)

Stat Buffs (cause Infusion of Spirits, is so Planes of power era)

Group Haste / real duration haste, as much as i love my best slow, being a level 39 enchanter spell (and only being able to take hold on levels ~45+ mind you) it's time to get an upgrade... we've had Celerity since Planes of Power, and every one of our haste spells will not take hold on any lower level character thanks to the way spell levels work.

Beastlord 'spells' from monks:

Some new martial attack.. Kick is like... so level 5... 'Tiger Claw' would rock for vah shir ;p

A Runspeed Disc... 'cmon, cheetah anyone? this one is mostly for fun.

An FD skill, high endurance cost (1-2k) 'spirit of the possum' i know people cry 'oh it's going to be overpowered' but uh, if you stack on a high endurance cost... it won't be a replacement for monk/sk/necro FD, but will be a way for beastlords to get rid of agro in raids and otherwise hide from those big nasties that want to eat you when your Level 49 invisibility drops (note: enchanters get the exact same invis spell at level 4) on the way to various encounters.
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Kiaka

As a mostly soloing baby beastlord,  here are some hand me down spells I would like to see.

Malo line[ /b]  Even the first rank or two of this line would be helpful I think. Having light blue mobs resist everything I throw at them is annoying to say the least. I seriously doubt anyone would go 'Hey look beasties get malo now, let's get the beastie lfging instead of the shaman.' (Not saying stuff like that doesn't happen, but I don't believe it would be because of the malo line.)

Slow line Getting an upgrade to drowsy before level 50 would be nice. Maybe getting walking sleep at 35 or 40 wouldn't be too over powering and it would still leave several levels between it and Sha's Lethargy. I do realize that Sha's has a fixed slow percentage, and walking sleep scales; however, walking sleep has a shorter duration so this would simply give level 50 plus beastlords a choice.

Haste line This is merely a wish, but I would like to see us at least get Quickness. I do know that potions are better fairly early on, but this would still give younger beastlords an option for when they either run out of or can't afford haste potions.

Canni line This is almost certainly wishful thinking, but I think even just getting Canni I would be nice. It may not be huge mana regen but every little bit helps.

dainfrol

QuoteCripple - don't care for it...beastlords are never asked to debuff anything...why start now? lol..
I have in fact been asked to cripple mobs.  It's been a LONG time. (25 lvls or so) but I'd like to start bringing more to the table than just DPS and Fero/Vim for the Monk in my guild.

QuoteThe radiant cure aa's (priests+pally's) will cure Mala/Maloxxx as they have a 'Remove Detrimental' chance.  Shaman spell 'Pure Spirit' also can remove them.
Last I checked we were a priest hybrid..... we do get the priest "Archtype" AA's.  Pally's and Shammy's got the AA, so why don't we?  I mention Pally's because they are a hybrid as well with the Priest Archtype!

QuoteRemove Greater Curse - SHM level 54 (Oh heck, I could live without this one)
I'd be happy with Remove Curse!  I'd love Greater.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

hakaaba

cripple is another one of the most underrated abilities in the game (along with regen)

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Khauruk

Quote from: hakaaba on August 08, 2007, 02:23:46 AM
cripple is another one of the most underrated abilities in the game (along with regen)

Enchanters were going to do a series of parses for cripple spells, to try and quantify the effects on proccing mobs (chaos claws, etc,....), flurry rate, ramp etc,....  I heard the results were surprisingly strong, but I never saw the parses.  Does anybody have a link to the enc class site so I can take a look?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sikkem

I agree, also if you are looking for a niche for raiding beastlords this could be one.

Most classes buff and do a little debuff (and lets face it all have more useful buffs than us) beastlords could be a hybrid class that debuffs with a little buffing. I keep saying I would absolutely love a cripple upgrade with an attack debuff component in it as well.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Sikkem

Quote from: Khauruk on August 08, 2007, 02:27:45 AM

Enchanters were going to do a series of parses for cripple spells, to try and quantify the effects on proccing mobs (chaos claws, etc,....), flurry rate, ramp etc,....  I heard the results were surprisingly strong, but I never saw the parses.  Does anybody have a link to the enc class site so I can take a look?

This is 2 threads on the spell line, not sure if parses are there or not as I havent read them yet.

http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1591

http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=709&highlight=

and one from the Shamans board

http://crucible.samanna.net/viewtopic.php?t=3887&highlight=cripple

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Mewzee

Perhaps we should look into asking for the spell...Feralize?

Its a shammy spell that is a type of debuff....I don't think they use it too much or often...maybe we can benefit and use it more often than they do at raids/groups/soloing content?

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Rilelil

Big thing about fearalize is it only works on a certian type of mob so really limits usfulness, but I like the idea of a more up to date cripple debuff for us since we haven't had one since  mid 50's . and only thing really usful about it now is getting agro when needed.