Main Menu

Level 75 hunting spot

Started by Gunzak, August 13, 2007, 09:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

Unfortunately getting groups on FV is nearly impossible now adays for me so I am looking for some solo spots I can do that have dark blue mobs and aren't going to rip me a new asshole.  I have all expansions.  I wish I had stayed 70 and continued with murks.

So far I have tried

WoS - lb mobs with crappy experience and slow kill rate from lack of mobs
MPG - Can solo 3-4 mobs before I have to med but exp is ok at 6 way
Steppes - Basilisks and spiders are green-lb so exp sucks.  Gnolls are lb-db so not too bad but hit real hard
Icefall - Last time I went was low 70s but had my ass tore up by a wolf
Sunderrock - Basilisks are lb-db and can hit real hard requireing defensive and heal pots.  Exp ok on db mobs but slow.
Plane of Fire - All green-lb so crappy experience but easy kills.

Khauruk

I've heard TBS (the zone) has some reasonable places for various levels of tankability, but I can't say very well, as I still don't have the expansion.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

sicshift

yeah try tbs. if i remember right you have a druid box, which i see two magelos but i cant get to magelo here, at any rate ive been messin in tbs lately with my dru/bst duo with decent results. dunno what lvl your dru is but i didnt try it till dru was 74 so i dont know about anything before that. i CAN say that dru reptile is your friend....love that spell for all its worth. that and fernspur :D

Urim

When i used to play outside of raid times and wanted a place to solo I'd go to Atiki in TBS. I would kill all the efreetis that stand around the pyramids. They give 13-14% AA exp per kill normal (no double experience). Not tough at all, max hit is around 1300-1400 with named hitting for 1700 (although I don't bother with named, too much hassle). Mobs are lvl 73-75 so all are in the sweet spot for experience. Just be careful of the lvl 75 efreeti lords, had one get lucky and do 6k in one round so gotta pay attention to hitpoints and not let them stay too low for long.
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Gunzak

My Druid doesn't have TBS and im probably going to cancel him.  As for Atiki there is no way in hell I can solo a mob that hits for 1300.

Khauruk

Quote from: Gunzak on August 14, 2007, 12:55:43 AM
im probably going to cancel him.

There's no way I'd cancel the druid I'm playing now...if I had to drop to one account, I'd probably pick the druid.  BSTs poor mitigation just gimps us way too much once you're past 70.  I don't know if it's all from financial stuff...but, if you can keep duoing, that's a powerful option to have.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Damim

The City of Relic is possibly doable.  Not the named, but the regular trash mobs.  The scrykins seem to cast a lot and hit in the 1100ish range.  Decent xp, and chances for some of the random drop augs.

Bumkus

My best spot is Oozes in Direwind.  I'll get around 1.7AA per 1/2 Lesson, but the mobs hit pretty hard.  Takes a lot of shuffling in and out to spread DPS between you and warder.

Gunzak

It sounds like my best spot is going to be MPG or 69.1 Hard until I get my Druid the anniversary pack then I can move on to boxing Icefall and Katta or try Relic.  I need to get my Druid a bunch of AA so maybe I'll just play him for a few weeks solo and kite murks in NC or group somewhere.

Unfortunately Beastlord mitigation sucks.  I can tank Katta snakes with a good healer but they hit for 600-1300 so it can get pretty scarry.  It's the same with Direwind undead camp I can tank there with a good healer but they hit for 600-1300.  Fully buffed with Tenacity, Focus, Vim and Tribute HP/AC I max out around 14600hp and 2100AC.  Even though I play on FV where everything can be purchased it doesn't really matter when upgrades are going for 600k or more and getting Katta faction groups for Praetorian is super rare.

Thank you for the suggestions.

Khauruk

Quote from: Gunzak on August 14, 2007, 07:47:50 PM
Unfortunately Beastlord mitigation sucks.

Do you use atk debuffs when boxing your druid?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

maxawesome

Quote from: Gunzak on August 13, 2007, 09:37:26 PM
Unfortunately getting groups on FV is nearly impossible now adays for me so I am looking for some solo spots I can do that have dark blue mobs and aren't going to rip me a new asshole.  I have all expansions.  I wish I had stayed 70 and continued with murks.

So far I have tried

WoS - lb mobs with crappy experience and slow kill rate from lack of mobs
MPG - Can solo 3-4 mobs before I have to med but exp is ok at 6 way
Steppes - Basilisks and spiders are green-lb so exp sucks.  Gnolls are lb-db so not too bad but hit real hard
Icefall - Last time I went was low 70s but had my ass tore up by a wolf
Sunderrock - Basilisks are lb-db and can hit real hard requireing defensive and heal pots.  Exp ok on db mobs but slow.
Plane of Fire - All green-lb so crappy experience but easy kills.

I feel your pain Gunzak. That's exactly why I kept Cyberian at lvl 65. At 65 and with 160 or so aa's, I could solo without a box in content that could give me very decent aaxp.

Ultimately, and also due to financial reasons as well, I decided to cancel Cyberian, and stick to only playing my necro, Encephalitis. I guess it's the curse of the casual player. I wanted to be able to be powerful, experience new content, and move past 65 without coming to a screeching solo halt.

Look me up (Encephalitis) when next you're on, and you're more than welcome to pet kite Shissar in Katta with me, if that suits you.

Gunzak

Yeah when I was 70 and killing murks it was non stop killing and I rarely ever needed to heal myself.  I could kill 20-25+ before ever needing to med.  With lesson or exp pots I was making 5AA an hour.  Now if I kill DB mobs I have to med every 2-4 mobs depending upon where I go.

The power increase from leveling up did not scale with the power increases the mobs received.  Instead of DB mobs hitting for a max of 700 and an average of 200-400 they now hit for 1100-1300 with an average over 600+.  Unfortunately I can't mitigate that kind of damage or out heal it with our pathetic heal spell.  My new level 74 DD is only slightly better then my level 70 DD, my new 73 pet only does a little more dps then the 70 pet, I don't have the faction or Orux to get the poison DD nor would I have a focus for it, etc etc.

I don't expect to be able to solo like a raider but the loss of solo spots has me seriously considering droping my Beastlord and playing a Necromancer.

Wolfcaller

According to a dev post here http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/posts/list.m?start=300&topic_id=113867&#1648310, they will be increasing the xp from killing light blues to smooth out the steep dropoff that currently exists between DB and LB.  If they do that, it should make it less crucial to hunt DBs and you can go after high LBs instead.

Blarp

Looking at your gear i owuld sya do what u can to get your TBS faction to Ally ( can do it SOlo) just takes a good deal of time in Katta there is a greenhosue with sneaks find the solo task Kill 20 shissar and get the 4 herb task as well 2 faction hits at a  time, its good exp for you with  and u get faction to get better armor.

Gunzak

Yeah I know all about the two solo tasks on the snakes and have done both about 10 to 15 times now.  I can tank them with a good healer but I can't solo them or even come close yet.  They hit me often for over 1100 damage and I just can't recover from that with potions and our gimp heal.  Once my Druid gets TBS that will change since I can have him heal me or I can kite them.  Thanks for the input on the tasks.