Main Menu

slow suggestion

Started by hakaaba, August 08, 2007, 07:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

If the developers want mobs slowed a certain %age, they make it happen.  i.e. the degradation of slow importance is intentional.  If they want a mob or group of mobs to be slowed more, they make it happen (i.e. Battle Master Rhorious in RCoD...hits 5k but fully slowable).  I really don't think the developers want to have the gigantic slow dependence that we had during PoP/GoD, and have been weaning us away from it.  Granted, that hasn't much changed people's mindset much, but it sure has been happening through game mechanics.

Better working Steeltrap or better duration/mod resist on player cast slow is probably the best we've a chance of getting imo.

Slow mitigation may also be one method of balancing druids vs. shammies (I see it as that, anyways)...a 16% slow and -250ATK debuffed are probably more similar than people realize.  Too bad for druids that almost nobody not a druid knows about atk debuffs.  Hmm...more parses for me to try.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

I just say leave slow as it is, every mob in the game mitigates slow differently so it would be almost impossible to see it being revamped , best think I can suggest is a better negative resist check on slow for us

dainfrol

what if we push to have slow and cripple combined into one debuff?
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Bumkus

Quote from: dainfrol on August 13, 2007, 06:41:00 AM
what if we push to have slow and cripple combined into one debuff?
I like this idea

Shieara

I like that idea also.  :wink:

Humlaine

my let me toss this idea around see what we can all come up.... with i like it so far

Sklak

I like the idea of combined Slow/cripple, even though this would have significant stacking issues any time another slowing class is around.

(If mob is crippled using e.g. high level chanter spell, would prevent us from landing the new slow as cripple portion doesn't stack & chanters is stronger, and shaman or chanter slow would overwrite the combined BST slow/cripple). 

Humlaine

aye thats a issue we would have to see can be worked around or not, I doubt it can but we can ask anyways.

Khauruk

It could be coded to work like some of the wizard AAs...

If the slow lands, it causes the mob to autocast a cripple on itself (like an instant doom timer thing).  That wouldn't increase agro any, either.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

dainfrol

Balance of Discord

2: Decrease Attack Speed by 75%
3: Increase Disease Counter by 24

Crippling Spasm

1: Decrease DEX by 100
2: Decrease AGI by 100
3: Decrease STR by 100
4: Decrease AC by 39

My suggestion is:

Sha's Spasm (I'm bad with names so that's what I came up with)

1: Decrease Attack Speed by 70% (we can hope for 70, or make it 65%)
2: Decrease AC by 25
3: Increase Disease Counter by 24
5: Decrease DEX by 75
6: Decrease AGI by 75
7: Decrease STR by 75

I think this would prevent stacking issues, but I don't know what it would do while stacking.  If this would make it so when SHM cripples and we cast this the mob loses 64 AC, and 175 stats, plus be slowed 140-145% I hightly doubt the devs would go for it.

One way we could check this is to have a shammy cast Balance of Discord and Tortugone's Drouse

where Tortugone's Drouse is

8: Decrease Attack Speed by 50%

(note the "Decrease Attack Speed" is a different buff slot than on Balance of Discord.)

Khauruk

*iirc Tortugone's is an AE slow...so not a good idea to cast in many instances.
*There's no way we'll get a 5% ratio upgrade to our slow (matching us w/ enchanter)
*It won't stack like you're thinking of (i.e. both landing at once)
*This won't prevent the stacking issues that you're thinking of.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Spiritclaw

What about a slow with an atk debuff?  I'm not a raider, but doesn't the Beast only 1hb in CoA have an atk debuff?  So it wouldn't be completely new.
I'm all for a longer lasting slow, 3 minutes vs 1.5 minutes
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Constaq

i like the idea of  a slow with the mace debuff added. but only if it dont wear off to other slows.. well the slow can but not the debuff.

dainfrol

They could make it cast like Talisman of Foresight.  This way we are only casting the one spell but having 2 seperate debuffs land on the mob.

TabarQuell

Sha's Torment:

Spell Type:   Detrimental     Skill:   Alteration
Mana:   400    Target Type:   Single
Casting Time:   1.5    Duration:   instant
Recast Time:   6    Resist:   Magic (-50)
Fizzle Time:   2.25    Range to target:   200
AE Radius:   0    Interruptable:   Yes
Reflectable:   Yes

1: Add effect (Sha's First Torment)
2: Add effect (Sha's Second Torment)
3: Add Effect (Sha's Third Torment)

Sha's First torment:

Duration 3.0 minutes (irresistible as it is added via the combined spell, Sha's Torment)

2: Decrease Attack Speed by 65%
3: Add 36 Disease counters

Sha's Second Torment:

Duration 7.5 minutes (irresistible as it is added via the combined spell, Sha's Torment)

1: Decrease DEX by 100
2: Decrease AGI by 100
3: Decrease STR by 100
4: Decrease AC by 39

Sha's Third Torment

Duration 5.0 minutes (irresistible as it is added via the combined spell, Sha's Torment)

3: Decrease ATK by 75

-----

Now This would be a nifty spell ^_^
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199