Main Menu

Rake vs Jagged claws

Started by Kope, August 19, 2007, 04:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kope

which is better DPS - I missed PoR so I havent gotten rake yet.  Wonderif anyone has parsed it. 

Thanks
Kope

Inphared

I haven't parsed it, but I can almost certainly confirm that rake is more DPS. I think I recall figures of around 60 DPS for Rake and can't recall anything for Jagged.

dainfrol

Rake is certianly more DPS than Jagged claws, it is an extremely nice boost to our output.  If I was you I'd try to get a group to do the PoR missions, but if you don't get it, don't sweat.  I still don't have BE or BatM (working on faction with combine for that one.)
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Pakratz

The half dozen or so times I've parsed Rake it's come in between 25-40 dps (usually around 30ish).  Jagged Claws I've never looked at, but eyeballing the damage per hit (average 1200 or so every 30 sec with roughly 80% hit rate) I'd estimate it at 30-35 dps.

The interesting thing about Rake is in my own parses it is double counted by Yalp because it generates a "was hit by non-melee for x damage" line of text followed immediately by a "you punch for x damage" line of text.  It's double counted when I'm parsing myself (overstating my dps), if someone else is parsing you it appears to be missed entirely (understating your dps).

Humlaine

I'll Parse this soonish probbly tommorow and post the parses for all to see

Rabekiz

Did I miss something? They are on separate timers, get them both and use them both. Can even map 1 hotkey to activate both in quick succesion. Why cheat yourself out of the extra DPS.

Kitathia

BTW you can solo Rake no sweat:) It's just getting your mobs before some other race kills them is the thing. Depending on your gear having a puller ( bard/monk/sk) makes it sooo much easier. Went back to get the shm her dot and the mage her nuke. Bard pulled 5-6 werewolves I tanked them 3-4 at a time - bard would mezz the extra's. Took about 2 hours though to get 4 paw's to drop. Giants ate a few werewolves on pulls. Darn Giants.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Tigrah

Quote from: Rabekiz on August 20, 2007, 05:30:47 PM
Did I miss something? They are on separate timers, get them both and use them both. Can even map 1 hotkey to activate both in quick succesion. Why cheat yourself out of the extra DPS.

I have to agree, currently I do not have feralswipe, but I have kick, rake, and the altactivate setup for feralswipe when I finally get it. You can link all 3, and then some to the same key, they will all go off. Its not necessary to worry about indevidual dps, just get both as suggested above, and watch the overall dps go up.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Karilis

What spell/skill is jagged claws?  I've done a search on Lucy and on Allakhazam for that name and I've not seen it on either.

And how in the heck are people soloing the Rake skill quest?  I'm too frightened to take on mobs that con even or higher, I've had too many undercon experiences for the last 7 expansions, ie: every mob the power creep was higher and higher each expansion that by the time GoD came out, level 30 and 45 mobs were hitting for 100-370 and proc'ing 500 damage nukes with a DoT component... on Antonica, most zones pre-updates level 30-45 mobs would be lucky to hit for 79 and proc a 25 damage lifetap or a 2 damage a tic DoT...  Or further in Gates, getting hit for 200-600 with the same procs, by level 49-55 mobs.  I shudder to imagine what the level 56-64 mobs can do, as I haven't tried them yet, except Dedgerex, I dropped him like a bad habit, though I think that's because with slow and incapacitate, and the avoidance on the new armor, I usually don't get hit during an entire fight, but there are times when other creatures hit me 3-6 times in a row, and I'm running away crying for mommy as I try to let pet taunt so I can heal myself the two to three thousand damage I just took.

as a level 71 Beastlord, 150 aas, missing most of my spells post 64, is there any chance to solo the quest?  Do I just have to try to time it and get "slays"/killshots, while other mobs are killing the type of mob I want to kill?  or do I just hang around invis, waiting for mobs to knock each other down to 10%, and try to kill them both?  when people say "solo tasks" or "You can easily solo this..." I'm assuming they don't mean a beastlord who finally upgraded from epic 1.0 to some bazaar trash (Dawnlight and fearpoint...) after being gone for years... or do they?  Are we honestly overpowered enough, and can we get single pulls to have a constant kill flow to do the quests in Sverag or whatever?

*Ponders* I'm going to hit 72 tonight just goofing off on blues with lessons, perhaps I'll just hold off until 73 for a new pet, or 74 for a new pet stun proc, I don't have Oroshar or anything like that.

It looks like I can actually get some of my spells and some spells for my dad's characters by duo'ing lowbie 'nameds' in Noble's Causeway, hmm... I'm too afraid to go anywhere in Depths of Darkhollow, I just don't know the zones at all, and there's too much chance to wander into something new and more powerful than I can handle... heck, I accidentally dropped invis near two greens in a Depths of Darkhollow zone, pet fully buffed, me fully self buffed plus protection of the cabbage, and I nearly got trounced, I finished the fight with 90% hp 65% mana, but I don't think I should have to step away from greens to heal repeatedly...  Of course, I don't recall if this was before or after I bazaar upgraded my 'leftover' slots after elaborate defiant leather visible pieces.

Oh-  I looked up the quest further... there are mobs in a zone called "Devastation" that's supposed to be attached to Freeport. They're supposed to be as low as level 60 up to level 71. I think I'll be doing this quest tonight, but what if I con one, and it's blue, but it's level 69-70?  I don't want to risk getting a death on my hands *Sighs* I don't make enough platinum hunting to pay for coffins/corpse reagents to use guild hall to try to get a rez heh.  Ah well.

Damim

If you're going to be leveling fast, just get to 80 and buy the Harrow tome in the bazaar.  I usually see it for 5k or less on Drinal. 

Jagged claws is the old upgrade to Feral Swipe and was collapsed into Feral Swipe as an additional level.

Karilis

Ah, I missed out on named levels of a lot of AAs when they were collapsed during the time that I was gone...  I went to Devastation to try to get rake to up my DPS so I can solo to get to 73-80 faster... I got my butt handed to me by a group of vah shiirs while invis.  I only wandered northwest a little ways into the zone, conning everything, yellow scowling things, lots of them, then some blue shiliskin soldier looking things that I was thinking aboout possibly pulling, and then a huge cluster of indifferent light blue to blue vah shiir.

Obviously one of the Vah Shiir saw invis:  First thing one of them in the group did was snare me, so I dropped like a rock, because I didn't have babe on /pet hold and she did enough damage to something for me to get summoned, I think, or perhaps I just tanked the ground immediately from the 8+ mobs doing 100-700 damage a hit never missing because my back was turned to them...

I really really desire the increased DPS of Rake on my way up to Harrow, but I do have a tome of harrow waiting for me in the bank... problem is I wanted to stop off at 73 for another 50-100 aa (I'm only at CA 7 or 8 and CS 1, ND3, Runspeed 3, either regen3 or bandaging 3 I can't remember which,(I regret it, it was back when I would solo in Solusek B lava spiders and bats), I've got Frenzy of Spirit, max double attack aa, CF1, SCF 1, Pet discipline and advanced pet discipline, suspended minion 2, spellcasting reinforcement 3, bestial alignment 1, and Feral Swipe 2, and 7 aas banked, I'm not sure what to spend them on, probably CA or CS, though I want to upgrade DPS first since my survivability is really good in the zones I like to hunt in, I've got like 155 aas total with the 7 saved.)

Khauruk

It is soloable, but you do need to be very cautious/patient in trying to pull the mobs.  They do like to roam in packs, but you can slowly pick off stragglers.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

nedoirah

I've seen harrow for less than 500pp on the nameless.

Karilis

Aye, I bought my tome of Harrow for 500 pp in the bazaar, I've got all the spells I can afford to get, not all the ones that I want to get, from the bazaar, but I'm only 71/72, and I mostly only solo, so it's going to be a long time before I see 80 for Harrow.  Rake would boost my melee DPS a lot, and give me even more reason to follow the Combat Fury CS CA path I was thinking about taking, right now I'm waffling on taking CA from 8-13 or so... with only CS1 CF 1 ND3 PE...

Same server too, The Nameless, originally from innoruuk myself.

nedoirah

I've critted for 9k with jagged claws. I have max crit abilities. But my worn crit ability is pathetic. cleave II.

Cool look me up sometime. I'm usually on during the afternoons till about midnight est.