Main Menu

Proposal for SOF Ideas for Beastlords

Started by Mewzee, August 24, 2007, 12:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mewzee

I sent this to Nodyin, Negreth, and Rashere....am hoping I get some sort of response. Tell me what you guys think. I had written it up before, but I wrote more concise ideas and included a new one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello sir Dev, the following are ideas I'd like to submit them to you for the BEASTLORD class who is in much need of utility for raids and as a class in general. Thanks for your time to read this message.

Spells that I want to see given to Bsts that should have been given YEARS AGO!
Time to play catch up in the spells deparment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fury
Rage
Voice of the Berserker
Shifting Shield
Guardian
Shroud of the Spirits
Levitation
Spirit of Bi'Li
Tiny Terror
Quickness
Talisman of the Feral (new group 50% haste)
Improved Invisibility
Spirit Veil
Talisman of the Tribunal
Spirit of the Puma
Cripple
Blood of Nadox
Disinfecting Aura
Cure Corruption
Chant of the Napaea
Feral Salve - (renamed version of Potamied Salve from rangers)

AA Abilitiy Ideas/Existing that should be given or improved
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Protective Spirit disc NEW upgrade
Beastial Frenzy another upgrade
Rake another upgrade
Feral Swipe another upgrade
Flying Kick NEW upgrade or Round Kick NEW upgrade

New CLASS DEFINING Ideas
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
- Give Beastlords NEW pets to summon. These following ideas for Bst Pets can be used as either new swarm pets or new warders to control like the regular old warders, with different animal graphics, and they each have special abilities and skills. These pets be either swarm or new warders, will be ADDITIONAL to our regular warder line which must ALWAYS continue to grow with us.

New Additional Warder Route -
Pros: - New graphics and pets for the beastlord community and overall community of Norrath to be in awe of what Beastlords can do as a CLASS DEFINING ABILITY. These warders will provide utility in raids due to their special abilities and skills and will promote the beastlord class to be sought out more for raiding guilds and grouping/soloing and offer uniqueness once again to the class.
- Some of the graphics for these new animals already exsist so not much work there.
- Beastlords will actually want to summon their warders more often and use them more often at raids.
- These new warders will obey all pet AA commands and be affected by our pet DPS AAs and pet foci like normal just like our regular warder.
Cons: Some graphic work and coding due to some new animals that would have to be redone aka lion and snake.

Swarm Route -
Pros: New graphics and pets for the beastlord community and overall community of Norrath to be in awe of what Beastlords can do as a CLASS DEFINING ABILITY. These warders will provide utility in raids due to their special abilities and skills and will promote the beastlord class to be sought out more for raiding guilds and grouping/soloing and offer uniqueness once again to the class.
- Some of the graphics for these new animals already exsist so not much work there.
- These new swarms will be affected by our pet DPS AAs and pet foci like normal just like our regular warder.
- Beastlords will actually want to summon these different swarms for situational uses for RAIDS and not just have another werewolf pet.
Cons: Some graphic work and coding due to some new animals that would have to be redone aka lion and snake.

Make these new different pets be given one per level (76-80), or make them be quests that a decent normal group can help a beastlord to attain these spells, or soloable/duoable at the least....These spells should be provided to both the casual and the raider so that both sides can have FUN with new pets to control in addtion to our "regular racial warders" and will provide something DIFFERENT and UNQUIE and UTILITY by using our pets.

Please note the special abilities for each animal are already innate abilites that they will have once summoned. They do not need an additional proc spell for these speicific abilities because that is just a waste, let these abilities be innate and allow for the normal warder proc to stack with these innate abilites, or dont allow the normal pet proc to stack but allow the Epic 1.5/Epic 2.0 weapon proc to stack at the least, along with Hobble of Spirits.

New Swarm or Warders

Spirit of the Scale, summons a Python snake or Black mamba snake, hits are bites, special abilties, poison DD damage for 1300, special skill can kick the enemy. =P Can flurry, enrage.

Roar of the Lion, summons a Lion, hits are bites, bash, special ability Mual, has a chance to decrease strg/dex/agi , plus consits of a triple attack that equals to 2000 dmg. Can flurry, enrage.

Spirit of the Grizzly, summons a Grizzly bear (postorms graphic), hits are bites,bash, special ability Bear Hug, can crush your enemy for 1800 dmg and cripple them making them weaker against magical attacks. Can flurry, enrage.

Pride of the Puma, summons a puma (DON graphic, color yellow), hits are bites, bash, special ability Tearing Gash, can make your enemy bleed for 1400 dmg (dot) and slow their movement speed, making them weaker to melee attacks. Can flurry, enrage.

Spirit of The Great Tiger, summons a white bengal tiger (new DON white tiger graphic), hits are bites, bash, special ability, Roar of the Tiger, can make your enemies be stunned and hit for 1500 DD dmg (AE Stun 0.0 or 5.0? or single stun?) for a short time. Can flurry, enrage.

The numbers for damage for these examples are just examples, they can be played with, but seriously consider giving a chance to these numbers as is or as a possibility.

THE LAST IDEA FOR AA UNQUINESS FOR BSTS
The Final idea that I have for this proposal of mine is this, create AAs that are named as these Warder ideas, but make them be an AA ability like Feral Swipe. This AA ability has a refresh of 1min, it will basically imbue the beastlord with a SELF BUFF only, this buff will give us the innate ability (randomly of course) to PROC one of these exact pets and that particular pet will use the special abilites that I laid out.

So example, I spend 9 AAs to get Spirit of the Great Tiger, I make a hotkey, I press the hotkey, the buff is a self bst buff only and will last for 75 minutes. I am attacking a mob with raid buffs and haste ect, I proc on the mob, a White bengal Tiger appears and is on my target (just like normal swarm pet) and attacks like normal, and has a chance to proc a 1500 DD stun on the enemy, then disappears until I proc it again.

If this idea were to be used, allow these AA pet procs to be used with Feral Swipe and future upgrades of that AA along with Rake. Another issue is only ONE AA Pet Proc can be used at a time, they will NOT stack.
So if I have Spirit of the Great Tiger and Spirit of the Puma, and I press the hotkey for Puma and then press hotkey for Great Tiger, Puma will be overwritten by Great Tiger, and vice versa, therefore they will not stack. Additional note, these are additional pets to normal Warder if we were to summon one during a raid + this pet proc AA+beastial empathy/ BATM...although I guess I could understand if you wouldn't want this AA pet proc to allow werewolf swarm to be used, but I see no reason why it should be that way since this would be separate due to being a proc buff self only.

Thanks again for any consideration.

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Humlaine

some idea's are already being used / taken iirc, but I will talk with nodyin tonight probbly so we can see if I cant get something in there.

Constaq

I like all your ideas.. the swarm AA idea is top notch... sigh if we like it it will not happen...

Rabekiz

As normal pets, your proposed warder's represent too large of a DPS improvement for SoE to swallow. Thats a 400-600+% increase in the proc damage alone. While our pets do need some help in the dps department, I dont see SoE giving them a dot with a base damage that exceeds the best spell a necromancer can cast (aside from the fact that dot procs just plain suck for raids).

Tying improving our raid utility to pets is not a good idea (see steel trap jaws discussion). Give us the ability (rather then our warders) so we gain the ability to at least see when the effect wears off.

Shamno

Too be truthful, with LoN in now. I don't see why we can't start really talking about the warder being a mount now. Heck even if we can't have our pet while we are riding him as a mount, ie do damage. It at least be a unique little toy.

Rabekiz

Quote from: Rabekiz on August 24, 2007, 01:50:46 PM
Tying improving our raid utility to pets is not a good idea (see steel trap jaws discussion).

Meant to say "Trying to improve our raid utility thru pets is not a good idea"

Inphared

I concur with Rabekiz. For one those numbers that you have proposed are largely out of proportion and simply won't happen. If you were to cut them in half you might get lucky, but even then it would be a stretch. I also don't want more utility for my pet. I want the utility myself. Relying on a pet to do an AE stun for my raid or make it weaker to magical attacks is something that I don't want to have to put effort into. It would mean keeping my pet alive through whatever encounter is needed, and then getting it to do whatever is needed, along with keeping that effect going.

Shieara

I'd rather have my current pet improved then get another pet that entirely surpasses it on DPS.  Plus controlling two pets (if I am reading it right) seems like it would be a huge hassle. 

Kroe

Pet dps *could* be scaled/improved simpler by making a new short duration pet buff, in a similar vein to the zerker Cascading Rage ability.

How about something like a 4 stage doom type rune for the warder:
Cast pet doom thingy 0.5 sec cast time, autobuff the pet, ala epic 2.0 click, ie dont switch target.
1st stage - 30sec duration Doom type rune - Increase warder damage 100%; autocast Stage 2 on Fade
2nd stage - 30sec duration Doom type rune - Increase warder damage 175%: autocast Stage 3 on Fade
3rd stage - 30sec duration Doom type rune - Increase warder damage 250%; autocast Stage 4 on Fade - final Stage
4th stage - 30sec duration Doom type rune - Increase warder damage 350% + add a decent sized proc 500 ish (its only on for 30sec)

Make it cost a suitably large amount of mana.  For starters, its fire and forget, back to your usual stuff after you cast it.  At 2 min duration (most group mobs dont last anywhere near 2mins, let alone 60 sec) so this doesnt make the warder a dps freak in group type gameplay but will certainly enhance the warder on raid mobs or when plenty of non mezzed targets around so the buff is getting value the longer he is in combat.  Because its a staged rune, obviously you wont be tempted to recast it early, because he will be getting the most benefit of the buff between the 90sec - 2min stage - so no need to put an arbitrary recast delay on the spell.

Numbers - damage mod and/or proc amount - mana cost adjusted for balance, mod amounts were off the top of my head and just shown to illustrate how it would work.  Just an idea I had a long time ago.

Wreckers - Bertoxxulous - Saryrn

hakaaba

more like

1st stage: increase warder damage 100% for 1-2 rounds
<warder dead>

heh

At least they again acknowledged pet survivability in the last dev round table when a mage asked somethingorother about em.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Mewzee

No this isnt controlling two pets, these pets would be an ADDITIONAL WARDER that you can control. AKA Instead of using your regular Racial Warder pet, you can summon a Grizzly bear, a puma, a snake ect....and control that SINGLE pet like you do your Racial Warder....The trick is each animal has a special ability that it only has thus making the pet situational and have a type of different utility.

Also for those worried about numbers, those were just EXAMPLES of NUMBERS, they are for you to play with, they were just put there to give you and everyone else an example of what my idea looks like to me in my mind.

And we're BEASTLORDS we're suppose to keep our pets alive and worry somewhat about our pets. I am all for the beastlord themselves to have special abilities and more utility and things but we cannot just make our warders go away and forget about them. The beastlord class from my point of view since creation from level 1 is that our warder and ourself have a special bond together since you've leveled all your "life" together in a sense.....Yes pets are weak and have survivability issues on certain raids but if you think in different ways on how to use  your pet on those exact same raids maybe you could realize you just needed a different strategy and with different tactics some of the tools that we have right now are pretty decent (aka promised mending and pet lay on hands).

Tigrah

I totally agree with mewzee. The new situational pets, as a possible "instead of" pet would work to a great advantage. HOWEVER, the first thing on all the pet class plate, is the bloody pet survivability in all situations. Lets not forget that not all bsts are raids, and that they don't have access to the higher end pet foci. Such being said, that means that their pets won't last nearly as long as ours with even the anguish foci (which I would kill to get). Personally first thing on the agenda, scaling pet surviving, our dps/utility in all ranges (solo, group, raid), and then our pets. But all in all, I LOVE the suggestions made here and pray they happen.s
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Shieara

If your proposed idea went live, under what situation would you use our normal warder?  The only time I can think of is for snare in groups because at that time I would not want a dot procced in order to do snares.

I guess what I am getting at is that if you want to go with the concept of the beastlord being the master of all beasts it is okay (though I prefer the concept of a certain affinity with one animal), but you would need some options to keep our original warder on par with the new proposed pets or there would be no reason to ever summon it.  You also would need to address pet survivability for those in higher-level content.

Mewzee

Wow haven't seen this thread for a while.

Well I am glad you folks liked the proposed ideas more or less.

Yes I have brought up pet surviability alot, and yes our normal warder would have to be upgraded ect and kept in line with these new proposed pets so that we can use them all. My idea was merely that, a creative idea that maybe people haven't explored at all, and that I came up with and thought that *maybe* it could be given a shot and would be creative enough to give beastlords something new and fun and maybe the devs would even consider.

I also came up with these different pets because maybe beastlords who are casual players, soloers, groupers, mid-tier guilds, small friend guilds, raiding guilds, high end game raiding, can find uses for these different types of pets for the situation and themselves be creative with how they use said pets. Some might be used more than others ect, but in the end it was just suggestions and ideas to throw out.

If SOE were to use my idea's, wow I'd be shocked and honored and would hope the contribution would be a great one for the beastlord class as a whole.

Thelynxeffect

Just a thought re pet survivability -

Keep solo and group pets more or less as they are now (personally its a rare mob that i do in solo or group content that kills the pet unless its seriously above 'your' level or peeps just not paying attention etc - the normal way a peep dies in solo or group content)

But for raids ie 2 or more groups have a 'raid' buff for pets that scales with the number of groups in the raid (or to avoid groups of just two peeps per group in a raid then maybe scale it to the number of peeps in the raid).  The buff would last the whole time the beastie was in the raid and could be done in such a way that as a group is added to the raid an additional buff is added to the pet and if a group leaves the buff fades (or if its done on the number of peeps in a raid then have a certain number requirement ie lvl 1 raid buff 7 to 12 peeps in raid lvl 2 raid buff 13 to 18 peeps and so on.

That in my opinion would go a fair way to solving the pet surviving issue on raids without grossing the pet out for solo/group content (not that i would complain too loudly if the raid buffed pet lasted till it or i died :)