Main Menu

Proposal for SOF Ideas for Beastlords

Started by Mewzee, August 24, 2007, 12:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maylian

Yeah nice ideas Mewz, would like to have a Doctor Doolittle type function to do certain roles. In fact I probably wouldn't mind if some functions were given over to AA pets just so I could feel like a beastlord again instead of having my pets perma suspended or parked away from mobs.

Thelynx, I think it would be extremely hard to then tune that to the various levels of raiding. I know some people have brought up a similar based idea for pet survivability, but linking it to numbers would then mean that people raiding elementals/time (72 players) would have more powerful pets than those raiding Solteris (54), unless you made some funky code to buff the pet according to zone as well. Pet survivability needs to be more linked in with the pet focus I think. So if you're using Anguish boots maybe get 5% shielding, dot, spell and 20 avoidance, If you're using DP belt then 10% and 40, TSS arms/range, 15% and 60 and TBS gloves/ear 20% and 80. Obviously figures I've just come up with in my head and don't know if it would work, but I think probably easier to add this to code.

Guess we just have to wait and see next month how pets turn out and what kind of increases in class function we can expect.

Tigrah

I think one idea that should be addressed, and might just up our dps by quite a bit. We're "lords of beasts", why are we strapped to a single pet? I wouldn't mind at least suggesting that it be considered to allow us to control more than one permanently summoned pet. I think it'd make a great AA, have to buy a rather expensive AA to allow us to control more than one warder at a time. Yes, it would require greater concentration and skill to maintain. But I think it would be a testament to our versatility and to the core of what our class is.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

Hanelce

We can't keep up one pet, due to overall pet mitigation, how would you suggest being able to keep up both pets?  Also, there comes in to the coding issue, where as.. our pet heal auto targets our pet.. which would it target first?

Edit:  Also, some ideas make sense in our heads, but once you look at it on paper.. it wouldn't work.  Even if we had two pets, last night, we were attempting Udengar (2%.. argh!)  But anyway, before we could even put our pets on Udengar, we were killing the loyalist, The loyalist took out all beastlord pets (other then mine, cause I didn't have one up!) in two ae ramp rounds.  Now think of the same situation, if we were to be able to put our pets on Udengar, he ramps.. for 8k!.. how long do you think two pets would last on him?  forget two pets, If we were able to control 100 pets, how many would live, if pet mitigation was not looked at?  It doesn't matter if we have 1, or 1000, pets up.  They're all going to go splat, after the first round of AE ramp.  We should be focusing on pushing the devs to look at pet hps/mitigation, above all else.  As I've stated numerous times, a dead pet is 0 dps. 

75 Arch Animist

Mewzee

lolol Again i don't know where you all are getting this "controling of 2nd pet"...

My idea was not that you have Tigger pet (aka warder) and then a 2nd new pet....My idea was additional different pets, with different abilities that you could use INSTEAD of the WARDER....So instead of just mr.tigger (or whatever racial warder you have), you could use the ones i made up...they would be situational but I still think they could be useful....but first pet survivability needs to be boosted big time so that such a thing could be useful.

If you think about it, we already kinda do "control" a 2nd pet (or 4 more if u think of the BATM pet proc), we just can't really "control" it via attack commands, and back off commands, we just target a monster, cast the werewolf spell and off they go! the little prettys! when they proc n snarl n howl n claw n kill shiiit up...hehe

Oh yea, I also had forgotten but, it would be great if beastlords, who are the lords of beasts, could get various AA for swarm pets just like every single other class who has an AA swarm except us..i guess since we have a spell they think we have our swarm pet, but if you ask me, something mana free is always nice to have. /shrug

/blows her Dog Whistle....Here Lassee here boy!

~Mewzee Mew~  Lvl 75 Wildblooded Kitty of RIP ~ Tribunal Server

Hanelce

Quote from: Tigrah on October 24, 2007, 04:07:37 PM
I think one idea that should be addressed, and might just up our dps by quite a bit. We're "lords of beasts", why are we strapped to a single pet? I wouldn't mind at least suggesting that it be considered to allow us to control more than one permanently summoned pet.

That's what I was commenting on.

75 Arch Animist

Humlaine

Hanelce

75 Arch Animist

Khauruk

A - when it comes to pets, I have little faith left that the developers to create something acceptable to the community.

B - Fix our existant abilities, rather than get new ones added.  Druids are sort-of in that boat right now...tons of occasionally/situationally useful abilities, such that they need about 20 spell gems currently, vs. what they have available...rather than fix current spell lines, devs keep adding new ones that aren't able to replace old ones, doubling spells needed.

C - Now's a semi-useless time for input.  First, beta's almost over...it's about impossible to get something added once beta starts, much less ~3 weeks from it's end.  Second, once beta comes out, focus will be on tuning the expansion - which happens to be one of our (potentially) best chances to get itemization (/groan), and spells worked on.  Not that it's worthless to give ideas/feedback (though I don't like yours /shrug), but prepare to have huge mega-loads of patience for seeing this through.

D - My overall EQ Feedback - it's time to work to start reducing the raid size to 36 or 42 max.  Pref. 36, personally.  I think that'd have some of the largest possible impact for the health of the raiding game.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Maylian

I think reducing a raid size is of limited use and something else needs to be done to draw players back to EQ. Mainly if older players and new players knew that SoE actually paid attention and would complete beta's before releasing a product to imbibe some confidence back to the community.

Whilst I know AB is a somewhat unique server my guild has approximately 50-60 players online most nights, sometimes nearing 70. Other top end guilds on the server have up to 20people sitting out of raids some nights. Reducing raid size is going to compound problems where there are none for lots of people.

I like some of the ideas suggested here and would like new utility added to beastlords. We don't have any occasionally / situationally useful abilities so SoE adding some wouldn't create a problem for us and would happy to see devs finally listening to what the majority of bst's have asked for in more utility.

Humlaine

Quote from: Hanelce on October 25, 2007, 07:16:43 PM
Quote from: Humlaine on October 25, 2007, 04:03:29 PM
hrmmm

Thanks for the input..

oh I am sorry, I tend to see what people put in what they want before I chime in on this.

The way I see it,  raid reduction isnt the answer here, while I do believe its time to add in the smaller raids for lesser guilds, who don't see the numbers high end guilds do.  I really would like to see more 24 , and 36 man raid zones, another expansion like Ldon would be a good thing at this stage in the game speaking with how low numbers can really hurt guilds and the player population isn't what it was back in Ldon era.

Now on the dual pet idea's, while I do like this, I think it would be leading us to a familiar state which I really dont want us to see, now thats not to say I don't want to see more utility based through our pets.  I think mages are a great forground for what we could get in terms of utility, like their mana regen from pets, and having more then one pet, say one that casts, instead of pure melee's, or one that does both, and has a mana pool to go along with it. There are tons out there, and endless possibilities I see.

Hanelce

Quote from: Humlaine on October 26, 2007, 01:17:59 PM
hrmmm

Thanks for the input..

oh I am sorry, I tend to see what people put in what they want before I chime in on this.

I see your point about letting other people chime in... but.. this thread is 2 pages long.  Plenty of time for you to let people put in their input and make a comment on it.

Don't worry.. I'm not gonna be on your case much longer.  As much as I love my beast, I've decided to hang up my kilt.  Not leave.. just different class boards that I'll be frequenting.

75 Arch Animist

Maylian

Wizard, Cleric or Warrior I think is the way to go if you want to see positive beneficial work on your class.

Humlaine

Quote from: Hanelce on October 26, 2007, 07:48:01 PM
Quote from: Humlaine on October 26, 2007, 01:17:59 PM
hrmmm

Thanks for the input..

I see your point about letting other people chime in... but.. this thread is 2 pages long.  Plenty of time for you to let people put in their input and make a comment on it.

Don't worry.. I'm not gonna be on your case much longer.  As much as I love my beast, I've decided to hang up my kilt.  Not leave.. just different class boards that I'll be frequenting.

I have to see you reroll hanelce, but I understand man, the lack of effort from the dev team + just the compounding 
of old issues is leaving alot of people at a loss. I myself am disappointed in what I've seen so far.

Hanelce

Quote from: Maylian on October 27, 2007, 12:21:03 AM
Wizard, Cleric or Warrior I think is the way to go if you want to see positive beneficial work on your class.

I already started leveling a zerker..... then.. someone from my guild gave me a zerker.  so started out a few levels, learned the class, somewhat.. now I'm 71 with 172 aa's /shrug..

75 Arch Animist

Humlaine

Quote from: Hanelce on October 27, 2007, 03:20:31 AM
Quote from: Maylian on October 27, 2007, 12:21:03 AM

I already started leveling a zerker..... then.. someone from my guild gave me a zerker.  so started out a few levels, learned the class, somewhat.. now I'm 71 with 172 aa's /shrug..

I know a few others beasts who have rerolled to zerker's, even I have a alt zerker, he's probbly my favorite character next to huml