Main Menu

Pet Class Familiar bug... with all the new Card game ones... is it still borked

Started by Constaq, August 29, 2007, 02:37:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Constaq

Ok the Stoic wolf familiar from  Iceclad or what ever it is.. anyway  If you  pocket bear. click tooth and then kill wolf (cus you cant have 2 pets) you get the extra DA buff, BUT  if you zone or lose the buff or it just goes away for no reason it kills your fully buffed/gear warder.. YEAH!!!!

is this still the norm, if it is all the new card game drops will be just asstastic for 2 classes in EQ cus necros never use there pets :)~

anyone know if its fixed and if they plan on fixing?

thanks

Kanan

What I've always done is just summon warder, summon the familiar, get the "you can't have 2 pets" message & the buff, and then I get to killing.  I lose the buff when I lose the pet, but not vice versa.  I do lose the buff whenever I zone, but meh.  I've had 4 or 5 buffs get dispelled and not this, with the familiar in the 2nd slot.  I don't know if that was coincidence or not, but I suspect not.

EDIT: found it.  Lucy's description of the familiar over >> HERE << says not dispellable.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

TabarQuell

i've had the familiar buff pop off my warder randomly.  After the third time it occurred i banked the totem and forgot about it, a +6% DA effect is not worth losing my warder over, especially if it decides to drop at a bad time.
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199

Camikazi

the spell being dispelled will kill off your pet, since warder basically takes the place of the wolf. But yea annoying bug, they should make familiars like jesters, usable with pets at same time.

Edit: it was made undisspellable (didn't see above post), but still should be made into jester type pets.

Nusa

I never got that wolf once I found out it conflicted with our normal pet. But it sounds like you're complaining about undesirable side-effects from exploiting a bug. Odds are, if you got a developers attention, the fix would be to make sure the "already have a pet" check gets done before anything else happens.

Sikkem

The last couple of times I have zoned with my warder out and the familiar buff on I have lost the familiar buff but not my warder.

I know this never used to be the case. Also I clicked it off the other day by accident and it killed my warder so I would say the devs have gone some way to making it usable.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

TabarQuell

depending on how the order zoning code works, they could quite possibly have not changed a thing...

Player has Warder with totem buff.

Player zones.

EQ removes the character from the zone.
EQ sees the player has a pet, removes pet from zone.
EQ sees the player has the totem buff, removes it from the player (it fades between zones *boggle*)
Totem Buff sees it is removed, then tries to kill the pet of the player in the zone it was removed in.

the pet not being in the zone anymore, isn't killed and pops back in the next zone with the player.

i still think that if i summon a totem familiar, and the buff fades, the buff should look to kill only Tabar's_Familiar and if he's not in the zone then skip it, not look for any pet attached to me to murder.
Quellious Server

Kanan

again, it's not dispellable, so you can't lose your pet that way.

I do remember clicking it off in early days of my having it and losing the pet because of it.

But i lose the buff far more due to pet death than I lose the pet due to losing the buff.

With the haste rounding bug (I've heard about some fix, but not seen the details), it would take a lot of overhaste to make up for add'l DA imo (really need to parse what the difference makes, but I remember seeing very small dps increase on an end game player with small overhaste on)

TabarQuell

Something makes it drop randomly.. maybe there's an anti-exploit code where it checks the zone every so often for your familiar? not seeing the familiar, the spell is then canceled, which in turn kills the warder?

I have had it drop randomly right after killing discordlings / other trash in MPG, at least that was my biggest problem.
Quellious Server

dainfrol

Quote from: TabarQuell on August 31, 2007, 02:17:50 PM
Something makes it drop randomly.. maybe there's an anti-exploit code where it checks the zone every so often for your familiar? not seeing the familiar, the spell is then canceled, which in turn kills the warder?

I have had it drop randomly right after killing discordlings / other trash in MPG, at least that was my biggest problem.

couldn't be that because Wizzies always run around with out their familiar up but with their familiar buff.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Eflynn

Here might be an idea ... make it possible for pet classes to exchange <whatever familiar item> for another with a similar effect only without a familiar type pet.  Have the actual effect target your (in our case warder) pet and leave a place holder type buff and have the recourse buff have the actual effects that you get from the original familiar.  That if you loose the recourse you don't loose your pet.  I don't know if it would actually work in terms of technicals within the game but it sounded good while I was day-dreaming at work.

nedoirah

I've run into the same problem myself. I have warned my guildmates to watch out too. It kind of kills my desire to use my LoN familiar cause I had it up during a fight in Sunderock and I got dispelled and my LoN familiar buff disapeared and so did my fully buffed pet. Made me mad. I like the stone hive familiar for the lev but if I am going to have to worry about losing my warder due to a debuff then I won't use my familiar.

Kanan

Other day on lethar I was wondering wtf was going on.. why was my pet vaporizing for no good reason:

The Beastial Empathy pet was dying to AE etc, and that was making the buff go away, which killed the pet.

So that's another reason to not use that clicky.  /sigh

Tomorrow

Really the best way to make changes is if every BL was to send /feedback, /bug LoN to soe.  Seems like they are listening to numbers ( i hope ).  These are the problems i find with the LoN clicky.

1)  Your pet dies.................. u lose the buff =(.  While other classes familiars cannot die hmmmm
2)  They say it cant be dispelled however the random drops is a pain to fgure out???  Would it be that hard to place the familiar on the same line as the jester?
3)  For some odd reason with pet affinity, i can group buff my familiar?  /bug perhaps?
4)  LoN is a reward i.e. bixie/ naggys in which many have spent real money to get.  It seems its not soo much of a reward to pet classes as to others
5)  I am not sure if they fixed this yet, however at one time i was TL ...... and lost my pet with the familiar up.
6)  After you happened to have ur pet up and familiar up and u zone out.............( note no more familiar now)......... there are occasional times i cannot suspend that pet nemore? /bug perhaps

please every test it out and add more bugs to this list.   /feedback soe to fix this .... /bug this too.
Tomorrow 75 Beastlord of Maelyn Starpye

Caurion

This been fixed yet? Haven't tried it cause I hate killing my pet  :cry: