Main Menu

Weekly Feedback Sept 4th, 2007

Started by Humlaine, September 04, 2007, 05:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

The Correspondents are in the progress of working with Zatozia to improve the overall quality and usefullness of feedback recieved. We will collect feedback each week from the community and pass it along the following week after everything is put togther. I have posted a sample of what the new feedback will look like so it would be helpfull if you can post it in that format. There will be a post each week for feedback which will be used along with any other feedback posts to put togther the weekly issues for Beastlords. Also please try to explain the issue in some detail so that they can understand what it is but don't go overboard either.

Sample Feedback

Quests

Issue 1 title - Issue Description

Items

Spells

Abilities and Attributes

Alternate Abilities

Miscellaneous

hakaaba

sounds suspiciously like the top 10/ question of the week thing.  But it can't hurt to try it out.

Lets start with a fairly obvious one:

AAs
---------

Taste of Blood Problems:

(1) the pet very rarely gets kills due to its dps not scaling very well relative to the beastlord/other players
(2) 30 seconds is not long enough to be useful in any situation, since it usually takes about 15 of them just to get to another mob
(3) the % bonus is just too small to make that much of a difference in dps.  The dps gain we end up seeing ont he rare occasion it both procs and theres a mob around is less than 5 dps easily.

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

Tiroon

Abilities and Attributes:

Pet classes and wizards cannot have a familiar.

Having a pet window already prevents those classes from using familiars.
With LoN familiars will become even more available than before. While before LoN players could chose not to quest a familiar, the loot cards are randomly attributed leading to those classes getting familiars they can't use.
Please find a way to enable familiars to be present even though a pet is up.

Miscellanious

Animal faction for BST broken with TSS

Beastlords have always conned friendly to animals like druids and rangers.
With TSS this is no longer the case.
Please restore BST to the druid/Ranger faction.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

thor

Actually when the class was frist created we did not have good animal faction i cant remember when this was added in but it was well after SoL release.

laissez

Quote from: hakaaba on September 04, 2007, 10:12:48 PM
AAs
---------

Taste of Blood Problems:

(1) the pet very rarely gets kills due to its dps not scaling very well relative to the beastlord/other players
(2) 30 seconds is not long enough to be useful in any situation, since it usually takes about 15 of them just to get to another mob
(3) the % bonus is just too small to make that much of a difference in dps.  The dps gain we end up seeing ont he rare occasion it both procs and theres a mob around is less than 5 dps easily.

Also one thing i noticed, when your pets gets a kill shot and has taste of blood go off, then you hit empathic fury the taste of blood will block the disc and waste it.  Thus having to wait the 24.5 mins for it to refresh.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Ganellon D'Alinor

Alternate Abilities

Issue 1 Advanced pet abilities rank 2 - Issue Description
Useless AA, get us a refund of this AA. Idea is interesting if it becomes a /pet no proc and will see a few time to use it.

Hoov

First off Ikslars need their pets to sopt locking up thus reducing the dps they produce.

I have ran many tests with the kitty race beasty and ikslar (me being the ikslar)
we both were 75.
no armor was put on.. (we made when we died as not to get +pet mod)
we have same aa's in pet department.
used same buffs

his pet out preformed mine over a 2 hour period in each zone by an easy 15%.

the test mobs was done in
plane on innovention
walls of noobs (slaughter)
mass proving grounds
plane of torment
plane of disease
and kael (yes we even went there)

that i would say would be a good first fix..

second we are BEASTlords but we only can control one "pet" . and yes im taking in account of the beastal empethy (spelling). we cannot really "control" that pet. give us more kinds of pets to control, one pet has advantage over the others. (sim to mages pets)

third we need a new haste spell that will be groupable and last more than 20 min.

fourth add damage mid back to us. we use to be simular to par with monks on this level, we now are like 1/4 of monk. if we are to be part monk give us about 3/4 the same mid of monks.

fifth let the pet have bigger survival rate, maby let the pet have a 3/4 check of aa's  for the actual person summoning the pet. like if we have max defensive let pet have 3/4 of what we have so they survive better.

sixth give us a slow spell not our pet with sim resists checks

seventh take away fero and give us an arura that will help us out, maby +20 combat effects or +10% overhaste or +20 accuracy.. something

eigth why give us dots that a level 50 shaman has better than? give us usefull stuff

nineth give us a way to gain and loose agro quickly. i cannot tell you hopw many times as a beasty i ended up a secondary tank for when the main tank went down.

over all give us a dps improvement to keep us on the dps curve, not fall below it.

that is all i can think of that needs improvements

Hanelce

Good gracious, my grammar / spelling nazi side is coming out... must... resist.. urge..

75 Arch Animist

Hoov

sorry typed this on my break at work. only had 5 min to type all that.

Humlaine

thanks for the imput, going to be doing this weekly so we can get all the bugs worked out with stuff on live!

Shieara

We haven't heard any more about this, which maybe isn't a good sign.  Here is a consolidation though of all the previous issues written up in the thread.  I tried to give credit where it was due, but if I forgot you or you want me to remove your name/idea from this post please let me know.  I kind of edited Hoov's to make it easier to read.

Items

Beastlord Class Gear Sets (submitted by Laissez)

Beastlord class sets do not have endurance.  We are running into situations where beastlords are using a fair amount of endurance.  We would like the possibility of having endurance added to our armor sets.

Spells

Beastlord haste (submitted by Hoov)

Beastlord haste is currently inferior to potions.  We would love to have our haste adjusted to have a longer duration, and would like a group version to be considered.

Ferocity

The values of attack and stamina have decreased as more expansions are released and gear level increases.  Even casual beastlords are reaching their stamina cap, and are reaching the point where attack is giving them minimal returns.   Ferocity needs to be retuned and there have been multiple ways suggested to do this.

Abilities and Attributes

Familiars (submitted by Tiroon)

Pet classes and wizards cannot have a familiar.

Having a pet window already prevents those classes from using familiars.  With LoN familiars will become even more available than before. While before LoN players could chose not to quest a familiar, the loot cards are randomly attributed leading to those classes getting familiars they can't use.

Please find a way to enable familiars to be present even though a pet is up.

Alternate Abilities

Taste of Blood: (submitted by Hakaaba)

(4) when your pets gets a kill shot and has taste of blood go off, then you hit empathic fury the taste of blood will block the disc and waste it.  Thus having to wait the 24.5 mins for it to refresh. (from Laissez)

Advanced pet abilities rank 2 (submitted by Ganellon)

Useless AA, get us a refund of this AA. Idea is interesting if it becomes a /pet no proc and will see a few time to use it.

Bestial Alignment (submitted by Shieara)

The timer on this aa seems out of whack for what it is intended to do as a DPS aa.  In addition, the warder illusion is extremely large.  I think most beastlords would be content with a smaller illusion.

Miscellaneous

Animal faction in TSS

Beastlords have always conned friendly to animals like druids and rangers.  With TSS this is no longer the case.  Please restore BST to the druid/Ranger faction.

Iksar Pet Freeze (submitted by Hoov)

Iksar pets currently freeze their animation every time they proc.  This can lead to issues when kiting and decreases iksar pet DPS.  Please investigate this and fix their animation. (Shieara note: we need parses to prove that they do less damage)

Beastlord aggro (submitted by Hoov)

Beastlords currently have no reliable way to drop aggro.  We do have roar but even improved with aa it is on too long a timer to depend on.  Beastlords would like a more reliable means of aggro dumping.

Pet survivability (submitted by Hoov)

Beastlord pets need better survivability.  I don't think most of us are asking our pets to tank for us fulltime, but we need to be able to keep them alive on raids and it would be useful if they could offtank for a few moments if needed.  (Shieara note: we need to suggest ways to improve survivability that will not break the casual game).

Humlaine

I've already sent the info in, alot of times things arent responeded to, but are looked at by the dev team, I would rather seem them fix it correctly then rush through things.

laissez

Tho I'm sure this has been stated over and over I'd like to throw my 2 cents in here, With the itemization of bst only items on there lack of endurance.  I mean we use end too, on many occasions I've ran out of end.  I'd like to see bst only and class items have endurance put on them.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Ganellon D'Alinor

Quote from: Humlaine on September 04, 2007, 05:28:18 PMThere will be a post each week for feedback which will be used along with any other feedback posts to put togther the weekly issues for Beastlords.
Did you decide to use only one thread and update your own summary or just forget about it or this idea that seems nice has just been thrown away ? I only see the feedback of the 4th September, we are the 28, many weeks have passed  :evil:

Btw some of those points are being investigated for sure, devs are just slow especially with a one year extension release soon.

Shieara

It's not really weekly feedback unless you do it every week.  I'm glad that they are looking into the issues though.  Has there been any solid dev feedback about them?  Anyways, I am going to keep my post updated because I can't see it doing any harm and, well, I'm bored at work and I feel like it.