Main Menu

Proposal for SOF Ideas for Beastlords

Started by Mewzee, August 24, 2007, 12:31:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smobon

Humlaine, do you think that possibly within the near future for all beastlords. That SoE will go through or at least beta some of the ideas that we have come up with?
Also, will we see any noticeable differences on r utility or r dps on this next expansion?
This whole forum is more negative than ever in my mind. I will keep playing my beastlord. I absolutely love this class. I know what seems to be lacking. Which is about everything that we previously had needs to be looked at again and upgraded to a certain degree. Odds r though the upgrades they see that r 'fit' will never be used by beastlords or will never be needed.

If SoE would realize what they have done to other classes compared to ours.

Monks tome clawstrikers is 288 skill atk at its rk. 1 version, ours was 65
Now, Monks new tome is 351 rk. 1, ours a pathetic 89 at rk. 1

They demote r class and promote monks even farther. Only one of the things i dislike of the 'upgrades' we got. That info was from allahkazam's website. They have spells and tomes already posted for all classes to my knowledge.

If we were to come back as a class, we need equal upgrades. Not ones that keep us further and further apart.

Personally, ill keep playing my beastlord. If none of u have realized we arent in a bad position. At least on my server there r only 17 total berserkers on compared to r class....
With that, Humlaine, i hope you will get the devs attention and get r problems fixed sometime in the future.

Gxser

Hum, don't be blunt you scare me. Sounds you like are trying to either get money from me for an election or a vote. You already got the job now its time to be vocal to the people that have never listened. Oh we have listened to a bunch of nonesense for over 4 years now. Please call the right number when you pick up the phone or tye in the right e-mail address to those that ignore the beast community.

Your blunt is a prime example of rhetoric that we have been told on nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumerous occasions. We know we are a work in progress , look how long they have worked to really kick the crap out of our class. We have been told expansion after expansion we will see fixes or upgrades or new stuff. Enough already. We both know what the new expansion brings and its jive to a raiding bst. Now when they offer some group stuff for a bst its probably because its the last thing they have left to break for us and want to keep that bone dangling from a string.

You can either get on their case or stay quiet. At any rate please dont be blunt again, sounds like eqdevs on our boards spouting the same trash instead of fighting tooth and nail to get us fixed.

I am getting angry, and bitter which in general does no good , but revolts were built on 1 person speaking their mind loud enough for others to decide if they too were tired of it. Does that need to happen here ? Is 4 years of this enough to finally stand up to every class that has helped in the demise of our class and tell them to shut up and worry about their toons while we defend our class and the crap we really need fixed , put back , or new added ?

It has to start with our CC and Hum, thats you bro. You speak loud enough I guarantee you'll have the support.

Let's do this !
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Khauruk

Why don't we all simmer the hell down until beta is over, and the people in beta can do more than hint at things?  Nothing can be accomplished right now except stroking our own egos/aggravations.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Inphared

Gxser, you're acting like the entire class is going down the goddamn shitter and it's not. Get over yourself, jesus.

Gxser

Your right Khauruk. But I question whether we should calm down and wait again for more disappointment. Or maybe this is the time we need to get fired up about our concerns. Seriously, Khauruk when is the right time start defending and demanding for our class.

Inphra I really can't stand people like you, please dont post with regards to me. You add nothing and can add nothing to the conversation. You can ride the coat tails of a guild or 2 or 3 , and now your the authority on who can post or have an open opinionon these boards or others??? I thought we had a CC or do you tell him when he can and cannot post now and what his opinion should be. Its a truth and it's ok bud your allowed to play the way you feel is best self serving to you but it stops with you. Conversating with you is counter-productive so I will stop here, party on.

Sorry for that derail Khauruk , I personally prefer not to ride the coat tails of my guild and prefer to have a reason to be in a raidng guild earning my way through production, uniqueness, utility which the beast class in that department is hurting bad and waiting for another expansion for it to go further has fueled this fired. I have been guilty sitting by and taking it the last few years just like everyone else, but at some point we have to break the same ole same ole wait for next expansion mold. Do you still feel we should stay the course Khauruk, they will fix that much in SoF? I'm not breaking any NDA's, but you know what I mean. My thought is , if we get loud enough for the first time maybe they will get on top of a few more things when SoF comes out and possibly the near future after its release and then we can see progess has been realised. That's why I am asking I value your opinion on this.
G

80 Bst

Luclin

! Greater  than no one as good as any !

Gimp Gear

Maylian

I like Gxser's approach to this. I think we have for a very long time been patient and diplomatic about the situation we're in and given SoE the benefit of the doubt and seen slight improvements each expansion. Unfortunately we don't have the power to call a serverwide strike like warriors did years ago as a catalyst for Sony to fix them. Without getting extremely vocal then I see no reason why they will not just accept the bones they've thrown us in SoF and ignore us until the next expansion. I think with regards to pets we are seeing some progress in SoE mindset now that mages and beasts are teaming up with their complaints about pets.

Unfortunately we are getting zero response about our class and one of the most vocal people about our class is a berserker.

Khauruk

QuoteSeriously, Khauruk when is the right time start defending and demanding for our class.

How about when those of the community that are in the beta can actually say what's happening? [rather than simply hinting about things trying not to break NDAs, which have already been broken at least once in this thread (and by inference several more times)]

If you're in beta, you have much better resources right now, as you'll be able to communicate much more closely with the developers.  If you're in beta, you can communicate with a generally more informed group of players on the SOE beta boards.  If you're in beta, you know at least what's planned to go live.

If you're not in beta, you haven't a clue about what's happening, except for parses from the spells_us.txt file/Lucy, random rumors, our CC who can't seem to make up his mind whether this expansion is overall good for us or not, and the general crapstorm being flung all over the place against SoE.

When NDA is lifted, and spells/AA/zone info is published, start collecting your eggs in a basket.
For immediate tuning:
*What doesn't work as implemented
*What needs to be tweaked
*Collect parses (doublequicktime, if at all possible)
*modifications that don't need code support
Compile, analyze, synthesize, and edit repeatedly with utmost ruckus.

Then, when the expansion goes live, start to compile data about itemization, our abilities compared to NPCs and other classes, etc,... and use that as cannon fodder.

And, forward through Humlaine collectively, through the SOE forums as a community, and individually in PMs to Prathun (spells), Nodyin (AAs), Maddoc (game mechanics), Rashere (overall design), Rytan (pets), Ngreth (Tradeskills).

I'm not saying we won't have great changes that need to be made, or that our class isn't being bent over backwards (most probably feel their classes are getting shafted).  But, nobody has even tried to make a case in this thread about it lately - it's just been endless bitching with no evidence.  The level of logic displayed in this thread is only approaching high school, rather than the adults that most of us are.

I'm not saying stay the course (way to break NDA there, though.....), I'm not saying things'll be good - I'm not saying jack poopy.  I'm saying take the discussion elsewhere if you know details (Hello, Jaeren, we need a beta forum here!), and if you don't have details, don't bother typing since you can't contribute anything of value right now.

Basically, this thread needs to die (in this location anyways) until NDA is lifted.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

If you all want to be like that go for it, but I can tell you from past experience it's not going to get much if any results, I am not here to be a total activist. I am here to help the class in general.

lelandfallon

no offence, cause i personally dont know you or your toons. But i honestly have to say i dont like y our response here.. Being a total activist for our class is helping the beastlord community... If your suppose to just as you put it help it in general, as you put it, doesnt seem like you would be representing us the way you should be. Just my opion.. but perhaps its the tone i get from reading what you wrote, makes me feel like you dont really feel like pushing things for the beastlord class.

Humlaine

ok you don't know what a CC is really supposed to do then, I am sorry, its not that I don't really want to forward info to the dev's, because I do forward a good amount of information to them, its my job to weed through the hundreds of posts each day here, and on the SoE forums, and make a sound choice at what to pick to send forward.  I am not here to lead someones personal vendetta, they can do that on their own by pm'ing the dev's and making various posts on the SoE forums.  I will not tell the dev's I want this now or else, or anything along those lines, its not my place to. I relay bugs, class issues, spell concerns, not lead people into battle with the dev's you have the means to do that with pming and posting.

Blarp

thats fine and you have every right to do that but lets not drag down the people e that enjoy ythe class still, i'm not 100% happy with bst as a class but its my fave and  i will continue to play it untll i move on or EQ die's. less drama more Helpful hints.

Humlaine

Quote from: Blarp on November 02, 2007, 08:00:43 PM
thats fine and you have every right to do that but lets not drag down the people e that enjoy ythe class still, i'm not 100% happy with bst as a class but its my fave and  i will continue to play it untll i move on or EQ die's. less drama more Helpful hints.

thats all I want, I enjoy the beastlord class, nor will I ever change mains.  I will quit EQ and the beastlord class when the game stops existing. If anyone has a issue with me or how I do things PM me, we dont need to makes this a drama board.

maxawesome

If not you, Humlaine, then who? Who has

a) a love of the class
b) a deep understanding of key problems with our class
c) access to devs
d) a voice the devs will listen to

I can shout from the mountain tops about things that have been broken since PoP, or only minorly improved, or addressed but not corrected, and the devs may or may not hear me.

Your title as Class Correspondent means that you are our voice to them. What are you lacking to make it clear to them what is broken? There are several summarized posts listing exactly what is wrong, and why. Search for material posted by your predecessor, and you can take his list as a jumping off point to talk with devs.

My point is this: we've tried for a long time to get them to listen to our polite whispers. What we need in a CC is someone who will shout in their ears until they fix the major issues.

For those of you (Khauruk) who want to "wait and see" some more: get real. I have signed something, too, and details won't matter. As I said earlier, they've missed the point. They've missed the essential problems.

Humlaine, you have the position to make a difference. Don't piss that away with "it's not my place". If not your place, then who?

Inphared

Let's jump off of the "I Hate Humlaine" bandwagon here and actually think for a moment.

It's not that he's not trying. He is. I hear about it all the time.

I believe it's been stated before that there is a lack of developer communication as to the major problem with ANY class correspondent. You people are acting like Humlaine is god all mighty and are essentially bashing him for doing things that are simply out of his reach. He cannot turn around and say "Hey, rewrite the Beastlord class for me please, I've got one hundred angry people about to rip my head off because they want everything possible fixed at once." That's essentially what you're doing. He is not Superman. He is not God. He cannot do everything that you want. All that he is here for is a channel for communication to go to the developers.

If you've got something you want, freakin' tell him and he'll work with it, but it involves a level of trust that is clearly not being displayed. Ask any other class correspondent. Do you think we're the only class that has people wanting new stuff but not getting it? Do you think the other class correspondents get everything they push to the developers approved or responded to? Yeah, right.

If you think you can do a better job, write a fucking petition to the developers or something and ask them to remove Humlaine from his position and step up to the plate yourself. Otherwise stop blowing smoke all over this thread about how Humlaine sucks, it's stupid and childish.

Humlaine

Quote from: maxawesome on November 02, 2007, 10:10:39 PM
If not you, Humlaine, then who? Who has

a) a love of the class
b) a deep understanding of key problems with our class
c) access to devs
d) a voice the devs will listen to

I can shout from the mountain tops about things that have been broken since PoP, or only minorly improved, or addressed but not corrected, and the devs may or may not hear me.

Your title as Class Correspondent means that you are our voice to them. What are you lacking to make it clear to them what is broken? There are several summarized posts listing exactly what is wrong, and why. Search for material posted by your predecessor, and you can take his list as a jumping off point to talk with devs.

My point is this: we've tried for a long time to get them to listen to our polite whispers. What we need in a CC is someone who will shout in their ears until they fix the major issues.

For those of you (Khauruk) who want to "wait and see" some more: get real. I have signed something, too, and details won't matter. As I said earlier, they've missed the point. They've missed the essential problems.

Humlaine, you have the position to make a difference. Don't piss that away with "it's not my place". If not your place, then who?

I have, relayed 99% of the stuff from these boards the other 1% was bs or uncalled for requests. now with that being said if your wanting results soon as they are sent in, sorry that just isnt going to happen.  I am not god, more people then I can  PM dev's and post on EQlive forums, I've said it once already and I am not going to repeat myself again, I am not here for a single persons vendetta, I relay information to the dev's other then that I really dont have much contact with them. I dont talk with them everyday nor do I talk with them via aim or anything else. If you want a point to be brought up to the dev's alot of the time the best person to bring up the point is the person who  thought it up.  Its not a easy task describing someone else's idea to them.

Locking the Thread for now, PM me if you really want something or contact me in Game