Main Menu

Sorry but need a gear check

Started by Skar, September 13, 2007, 04:18:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skar

I just came back to game after 3 years away and bought up a bunch of stuff on bazaar, just wondering is there anything that I could either solo get or single group get now, or should I be good till I hit 71 (not going to pay for the masters cultural stuff at 30k per scale)  since I hear that TSS has some kind of 71 armor.

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1336845

Also been doing draniks scar and tired of the light blues and the procs, the roost mobs hit too hard, greigs end very first mob every time I go in that zone dispells kei and virtue so hate there with a passion.... where else can I go for decent solo leveling (ac is not preferred either)

Tiroon

If I were you I'd concentrate more on augs for now. Some are pretty readily available and you won't outgrow them as fast as any gear you can wear at your level. Still keeep an eye out for good deals in bazaar.

First go to any newbie city and get slot 4 damage augs for your weapons. The augs are merchant sold. in Shar Vahl the merchant is in a building near north bridge, on the second floor where the guy for the citizenship quest who cooks acrylia hangs out.

The cultural symbol (slot 11) aug is missing on the wrist.

Next invest about 45 minutes in getting your Sphere of the Ancients.

Then look for the hot zone augs. If you dislike the current set just go after the stuff from the previous set of hot zones. The specials still drop. There is a good list here.

For leveling try Nurga or the Hole. Plenty of posts on both places in the hunting section. At 60 the shrooms in Fungus Grove become single pullable. For a change they are not only close to PoK but they won't dispell you either.

That should keep you busy for a while.  :-D

Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Kanan

Tir.. for the starting city type 4 dmg augs.. you're meaning the proc augs?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Tiroon

*Nod* Sorry meant proc rather than damage. Stuff like Anatase augs.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Skar

thanks for the advice... for now going to work on getting to 62, guild about to start flagging for pop to get ready for fabled next year so want to get ready for that did pick up the weapons aug, think i will stick one in off hand epic, one in waning light katar... seeing as once I ding 60 wont use main hand epic anymore.

Kanan

Quote from: Tiroon on September 13, 2007, 04:34:55 PM
*Nod* Sorry meant proc rather than damage. Stuff like Anatase augs.

Heh.. you had me drooling for a second there.. to get a nice +1 dmg aug at home town that I'd somehow missed ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Skar

well nicely enough got all the way to 61 now... did some more AC then went and did POS for BOT access... gained from 60 to 61 doing that before we finished.  (btw I happened to notice that the ferocity on my cloak does give me dbl attack heh, so that cloak is now my favorite piece of gear till I can get ppl together to get the cloak of the spirit tracker.)

Fuzkitty

Consider swapping out Slipgear's gem with the wanderlust guild lodestone.  The stats on mine are much better than what you slipgear is showing, and you should be able to get close to where mine is at.