Main Menu

The List

Started by Humlaine, August 05, 2007, 06:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grbage

Quote from: Taeweyen on August 17, 2007, 02:41:49 PM
In addition, Hell, why can't we have 2 pets?  We are beastlords so we should be the ultimate pet class right???  Just an I wish opinion really.

Two warders would solve the dps problem but we can't keep one alive now how are we suppose to keep two alive? Also, a bunch of our spells auto target the pet and that would cause problems.

It would be much better to just have one "fixed" pet, not the neutered one we have now.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Sklak

Sklak's Top 7 requirements for SoF to be a success:

1)  Continue increases in double attack (both AA's & skill)

2)  Roar of Thunder upgrade (faster re-use).  Instead of pushing for cripple spell (or in addition to cripple) would request another 3 ranks of Roar of Thunder cast-time reduction (to bring to 3 min recast, so that 3 high-AA beasts on raid can keep a boss perma-Roar debuffed).  At 3 min recast roar of thunder is still very little dps per AA (<20 dps, for a ton of aa's), but is a solid debuff that stacks with cripple lines.  Also gives us a more frequent deaggro option, which will be a problem if we get:

3)  Upgrade to Bite of the Empress (and not on a shared timer).  2 independent poison DD nukes for the win.  Though I will run out of spell gems  :|, and aggro will be a problem (see #2)

4)  Review mitigation returns (over AC softcap), Beastlord AC returns over softcap should be improved.  We're getting double-penalized on AC.  We get half the AC on armor drops vs. tank classes, which would be fine for balance, except that point-for-point this AC actually provides a benefit of only ~30% of what it is worth to a warrior.  I'd like to think we should be balanced as more than 15% of a tank...

5)  Pet survivability - a couple very simple suggestions would help a lot:
    a)  Upgraded pet-proc to trigger a 2-hit rune instead of current 1 hit.
    b)  50% faster cast on pet rune (3 second base cast, not 6)
    (and see #6)

6)  Growl of the Panther upgrade.  Don't want this to become an abandoned spell.  With the widely available mammoth strength buff, this has become a much smaller upgrade.  Suggested update for rk 1/2/3 would be 24/25/26% damage multipler, ~25% more HP & HoT than Panther(those are as a minimum, as we've had 10 levels of upgrade since Panther, could argue for even larger % boost than standard 25%).

7)  Group 50% haste still would be useful (30 min base duration, focusable to 45+ mins)

Tigrah

I see your point humlaine, just thought I'd point that possibility out. I agree wholeheartedly that we need more raid utility. I also think they should have continued growl and perhaps made it retroactive for lower level bsts. Our pets need more longevity of some form or another. Be it straight more potent pets, or perhaps a few ranks of pet defensive aa's. a more powerful set of pet defensive/offensive discs would be nice too.
Savagespirit Tigrah Battlebeast of The Rathe.  85,

Whillowawhisp. Druid, currently 40

Archfiend Gravrrobrr Tombraidrr my crazed Drakkin SK

Tirienth Spiritcaster My unintentionally retired Shamy

Fear the mighty ball of yarn, for I shall chase it, and leave chaos in my wake.

hakaaba

Quote from: Taeweyen on August 17, 2007, 02:41:49 PM
In addition, Hell, why can't we have 2 pets?  We are beastlords so we should be the ultimate pet class right???  Just an I wish opinion really.

why would we want 2 pets when we can't even keep the one we have alive

Arch Animist of Bertox (Saryrn (Mithaniel Marr))

hakaaba

my suggestions:

(1) Make Taste of blood do *something useful*  Increase the duration of the proc to like 30 minutes and the modifier slightly, or increase it to maybe a minute but make the effect increase minimum damage modifier 1000% (which would still only be an increase of maybe 10 dps)

(2)  Animals that are friendly to druids and rangers also should be friendly to beastlords (applies to TSS)

(3)  mitigation both under and over the cap improvements should be a priority imo

(4) our (poison/disease/curse/corruption) cures should be better than they currently are (in particular, they should always be better than rangers' cures.  just look at the levels on every cure both classes have ever gotten)

(5) pet survivability obviously -- in particular, sharing benefits of gear/aas with pets in some way so they mitigate like their owner.

are 20k+ warriors still concerned that our 10k buffed ZERO mitigation pets are a danger to their use in groups?

Grbage

Quote from: hakaaba on August 19, 2007, 01:04:53 AM
(are 20k+ warriors still concerned that our 10k buffed ZERO mitigation pets are a danger to their use in groups?

Far as I can tell it is the lvl75's with no aa's and MM gear that are worried about being out tanked by a pet.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

dainfrol

Quote(1) Make Taste of blood do *something useful*  Increase the duration of the proc to like 30 minutes and the modifier slightly, or increase it to maybe a minute but make the effect increase minimum damage modifier 1000% (which would still only be an increase of maybe 10 dps)

30 min would be broken.  5-10 min would be more in line.  A nice addition to Taste of Blood would be to add something like cleric midigation buff to it.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

hakaaba

30 minutes would be broken in what way?  The way the buff currently is, the effective dps gain is nearly 0.  30 minutes of neligible dps gain is certainly not overpowered, though arguably not a whole lot better than 30 seconds of it

Zebrn Beasword

Growl not to target pet would be in my top 10, and VERY easy to fix.    (Just like Epic doesn't need pet target)
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

dainfrol

30 minutes would be broken because it would become just a buff instead of a benifit from the pet getting a kill shot.
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)

Zarkin

Thought of a suggestion for Fero upgrade... Make it act as a recourse effect on mobs were attacking in the form of a proc.  Have the proc be a debuff 25ish atk and 10 resists or whatever is thought to be acceptable.
My first thought on this was to have it stack multiple times (maybe 3 to 5) on the mob so having Fero on multiple raid/group members would help debuff the mob quicker without one us getting all the agro from it.  This would make the spell used more and be an upgrade to incapacitate that we needed.

Might as well put a stamina debuff on it also while at it so it matches what it gives us by what it takes away from the mob.

Zarkin

Smobon

Ok, this is a lil out of the blue, but i got to thinking. How about giving bstlords the ability to call people, like shammies can? I know it sounds far fetched but in the story line of everquest or at least going through the epic 1.5 -2.0, we call on spirits and become one with the spirits. Why not have an AA that will call a persons spirit? i know this is stepping on shammies and druids (druids get call right?) toes but hey, it would be useful and surprisingly yes i have been in grps where i do survive and whole grp is wiped.

I wouldnt even care if the AA cost 15 or more AAs, it will become very useful i think.

Kilori

I would like to see end regen added to PoS, we benifit the casters with the hps and the mana. Seems unfair that dps & tanks only get the hp regen..

A cure for coruption that was self/pet only would be so nice, even if I had to cast it 3 times. We'd have to be able to keep the pet alive on raids for this to be useful, but when the rest of the grp is dead and I have no curer, I know Im toast. Would be nice if I could at least take care of myself and Shep.

Haste..I could care less if it got a better %, I would just like to be able to do some damage to a few mobs before I have to start cycling grp members to recast it again. So, shorten the cast time or lengthen the duration or make it a grp spell..something plz!

I would love to be able to have a timed invis.

The looking like the warder thing is a nice idea. Rangers and druids can be wolves..shamans can be werwolves or bears...seems only fair that we get to look like our warder (for more than a few seconds). Some benifit would be nice too, not just an illusion for illusions sake..

And the warder as an eye for scouting and/or pulling is a good idea.

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head..

Smobon

Looks like we r gonna see a pet proc haste for grp......who wants to guess it will be broke just like steeltrap jaws is?. oh and the newer spells r on alla as previous names, oh and an upgraded rake at least, hopefully it will be decent for the lvl need for it.