Main Menu

Itemization Idea's Breastplate Worn Effects

Started by Humlaine, September 13, 2007, 10:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

ok as the subject states, I want your idea's on worn effects on BP's, just a few examples, Block, dodge, parry, fero , cleave, are all worn effects there are others out there as well. Post your thoughts and what you would like to see come back or on a BP

Ganellon D'Alinor

I love the block mod on our TSS ring, would be pleased to see it back :) Maybe a dodge one aswell somewhere.

Humlaine

we arent talking about mod 2's in which case you are with the TSS class ring for us, I am talking worn effects like block V those type of things

Khauruk

I don't think anybody cares much, as long as there's a reasonable distribution of the worn mods, and/or mod2's in SoF.  I don't think anybody cares if Cleave 9 is or isn't on that specific piece, as long as it's not like Cleave 8 which, iirc, is only available 2 places for Beastlords.

Ganellon has touched upon one important possibility though - rather than whatever worn mod, to put a skill mod on the BP, like the TSS ring (block +8%), which has been very uncommon until lately.

The endgame BP for each expansion should be, imo, the coolest item in the expansion (exception:  If they do class only items for SoF).  Simply putting Imp. Block VI on it won't make it cool - something uncommon would.

I think a +Rake, or +Feral Swipe modifier (don't know if they can do either w/o code change though) would be pretty awesome. That combined w/ a nice hefty mana savings on the BaTM upgrade, and a great clicky (clicky growl upgrade ftw!) would make for a damn awesome BP w/ *long* lasting utility and droolworthiness.  It would also have huge BST 'flavor'
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

the dev's arent discussing mod's with us, they just want focus effects and click and worn effect info, mod 2's are pretty simple to do, also they havent discussed any class items or anything of that nature, I am purling doing as they have asked me to do, so try and keep it on topic

Ganellon D'Alinor

Hum a +skill mod sound to me like a worn effect, a mod2 is +shielding SS etc.

Did merloc specify about the fero/cleave/ and co or is it your own interpretation ?

As long as we tend to go to a fix slot per mod/focus we already see a Fero and Cleave so that remains only dodge / block to go. I prefer a block mod if I had to choose.

Anyway I like also the idea to get a specif mod to increase our dps and hope that you will put this idea somewhere and report it, always good to give new orientation :)

Khauruk

If Rashere goes ahead with his plans to increase mob AC this expansion, a +X% to h2h would be rocking good fun, as well.

From what I can see, Merloc's looking for us to give feedback on what would make the BP droolworthy.  He has listed 3 out of 6 areas (clicky, focus, worn effect, skill mod, stats, mod2s).  The skill mod is the area which has seen the rarest implementation, and might make the BP the 'kewlest evah.'

I just don't think anybody cares about which worn mod is on it, as long as the others are reasonably attainable.

The BP is going to be the hardest piece to get, so should have the best mod on it.  But, if it's too hard to get, having the best mod on it might be 'teh sukc.'  Also, no worn effect is going to be a huge increase from the last, so it won't matter that much, as long as itemization/distribution/drop rate isn't entirely borked.

From what I have seen of Merloc, he would be more than willing to entertain other thoughts as well.  Obviously, he wants to make these great items.  I'd like to help him along as much as I can, and would ask you to pass on thoughts of skill mods along w/ the explicitly requested ideas.

Addendum:  Wow, those paragraphs are disjointed...oh well, I'm in a hurry.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

stay on topic of what I posted this is directly what I wask asked to find out about.

he's mentioned nothing of mod 2's, if you dont stay on topic I will just delete the post, I dont want to but as the title to the forums say stay on topic and to the point

Bumkus

Personally I'd like Block.  It fills the gap with Block being left off the TBS armors.

Khauruk

Quote from: Humlaine on September 14, 2007, 09:07:16 PM
stay on topic of what I posted this is directly what I wask asked to find out about.

he's mentioned nothing of mod 2's, if you dont stay on topic I will just delete the post, I dont want to but as the title to the forums say stay on topic and to the point

If you had read my post, you would see that I wasn't offering mod2 suggestions.

If you have paid any attention to what Merloc writes, you would see also that he has A) no farking clue what he's doing and needs to helped along in any and all ways possible, and B) has no idea just how the community classifies many aspects of the game, and itemization.

List of mod2's (reference source:  Magelo - our source for the name, even):
Dot Shielding
Spell shielding
Shielding
Avoidance
Accuracy
Combat Effects

Our suggestions are not on this list.

Who knows just what the developers are thinking when they use a term?  They use different terms internally w/ their jobs, and often need help figuring out what we're talking about when offering feedback.

Note the difference in opinion here: your thoughts as to what are mod2's are obviously very different from mine, and other posters.

My vote is for parry, but my main point still stands - nobody cares, as long as the full set is reasonably attainable, given event difficulty, itemization, and drop rates.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

if you had any clue, you would have stayed on topic, I asked for one thing if you wanted something else brought up pm it to me , dont derail this thread with other stuff which isnt what I Asked for

+ modifier are a form of mod 2's, worn effects I have given examples of at the top post, if your unsure look there

Humlaine

anymore idea's turning this in tommorow morning or tonight.

Inphared

I want something worthwhile to be on the BP but I don't want it to be overly difficult to attain. I want to suggest something, but that means it probably won't be available on other items.

I guess I suggest Improved Block since that's one of our unique-ish abilities.

Maylian

Guess block isn't a bad idea unless that is going to be on legs i.e TSS. Is it is possible to get a rake / feral strike mod on it for damage?

dainfrol

Quote from: Maylian on September 18, 2007, 09:35:32 AM
Guess block isn't a bad idea unless that is going to be on legs i.e TSS. Is it is possible to get a rake / feral strike mod on it for damage?
Oooo, Rake+damage would be really nice!
WildbloodXikahtizuDragonblood - 75 - Beastlord - Luclin (Veeshan)