Main Menu

Weekly Feedback Oct 1

Started by Humlaine, October 02, 2007, 03:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

The Correspondents are in the progress of working with Zatozia to improve the overall quality and usefullness of feedback recieved. We will collect feedback each week from the community and pass it along the following week after everything is put togther. I have posted a sample of what the new feedback will look like so it would be helpfull if you can post it in that format. There will be a post each week for feedback which will be used along with any other feedback posts to put togther the weekly issues for Beastlords. Also please try to explain the issue in some detail so that they can understand what it is but don't go overboard either.

Sample Feedback

Quests

Issue 1 title - Issue Description

Items

Spells

Abilities and Attributes

Alternate Abilities

Miscellaneous

Jilen

Why do Beastlords not get a swarm pet AA like other pet classes? Mage has them, shammy, ranger, necro (WTD and an upgrade), can not think of others. But if a Beastlord is a pet class, shouldnt we get an AA for swarm pet also?

Damage migration, I'd think it should be par with all leather classes, same for AC softcap.

Our Haste sucks, a group haste would be nice, lowering the cast time of the current one would be nice.

Drop Fero spell line and give us a Fero Aura, this will help a lot if it is an aura, and will get us added to DPS groups on raids.

Beastlord DoT's are gimp, even with the focuses, I think with poison focus to 70 my best spell crit is 800, and might get 3 crits before spell drops. Disease DoT, dont get me started, almost not worth casting, but I like DoT's over Nukes, as they do pull less aggro. What about our best nuke being a poison based, but our Ancient, and most of our gear has Ice focus on them, so a bettter Ice nuke, less aggro then the poison nuke, even less damage then our poison one, but more damage the the one we have now.

Would be nice if our pet proc and pet haste lasted the same amount of time. Not the slow proc, the DD proc for pet.

Update our hp regen spell line, this is real bad for the solo'ers out there. Our hp regen doesnt even stack with the 10 hp regen from the Overhaste item from OMM, and it only does 10hp per tick.

Our slows could really us an upgrade also. Now you even have necro's slowing better then Beastlords. (Not sure if it is just undead)

Our problem is that we are not really wanted in raids. Our DPS sucks, our utility spells for raids consist of SE, and MGB PoS. Most take BSG over SV and Dire over Bst Focus. You have the stray ranger, rogue, zerker, monk asking for Fero, but keeping this on more then 2-3 people, if even that is an issue. So really, what role do we provide in raids? The spot filler, extra gimp DPS? Give us something that makes us stand out, be it a spell, an aura, something to make people say, wait we need a beastlord.

All I can come up with atm, and first post

Blarp

swarm pet 100% with you

As for Removing Fero  into an Aura Yes i see that, But only if we got the Aura i keep up for 6 pOpele  Up on fero on raids its not that hard,
if anything rework Fero more ATk saves/Str cap Upper that would be alot better then having a worthless mob in it or ever just a Fero Component in it and remove the Str all together, but i do like the Aura that many have tosed out,

the Pet haste/DD proc timers not a big deal, they last an hour plus+ Depending on your focus's should not really be a Big deal.

pet Slow Proc, Remove it its Gimp i memed it 1 time to mess with a shammy i really did not like in a group, thats it 1 time, Dis dots remove them give us a better Poison Nuke or Dots,

Our DPS is not "Suck" its how you play your beastlord, now days the avg beastlrod is 2.0 with  say  Grim from CoA.  if that beastlrod 1/2 ass's there dps ya 600-800 dps but the same one can also push 1k, i don't have much better then Grim from CoA and i can push out 1500+ dps on raids witch was top5 in raids a few times on a 6;30 fight.  Yes it needs to be Upped but don't call it Crap,  we are a support class more then anything i would love to become a "DPS" but Sony will not alow that as many of you know.

Like to see skill get to same or just under monks on our Dub atk, that would be the DPS upgrade we need,  Triple atk would be a Very very bad thing.

Grbage

Quote from: Blarp on October 09, 2007, 07:26:25 PM

Our DPS is not "Suck" its how you play your beastlord, now days the avg beastlrod is 2.0 with  say  Grim from CoA.  if that beastlrod 1/2 ass's there dps ya 600-800 dps but the same one can also push 1k, i don't have much better then Grim from CoA and i can push out 1500+ dps on raids witch was top5 in raids a few times on a 6;30 fight.  Yes it needs to be Upped but don't call it Crap,  we are a support class more then anything i would love to become a "DPS" but Sony will not alow that as many of you know.

Actually it looks like they are pushing bst into becoming another DPS class. Our utility has been allowed to dwindle away to not much besides mitigated slow and SE while we've had quite a few  decent DPS upgrades.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Humlaine

Info's sent, the pet slow is a known issue, I have been bugging them about that alot, alot of this stuff is probbly being handled in beta though.

Jilen

For the Pet DD and Haste, I just want them on the same timer, lower one, or raise the other, so I dont have to rebuff haste, then a little while later, rebuff the pet proc. Just the same timer, is all.

As far as the DPS, I think it needs to be upped. I run 2.0 and Hollowed from Bloodraids, which is a little better dps then the Mace of Grim. I stay someone ranked in the top 10, but most DPS Parces dont included pet(s). I know the one listed here does, and I'll start playing with it more.

I would think they'd want to up the double atk a lot before adding tripple atk, I mean ours sits at 30 with max skill.

What about a bonus of some kind with 2 hand blunt weapons?

Something I found this morning, I have the OOW tier 2 boots from CoA with the pet focus. My max hit for my pet is 136 with our crits, procs, or any spells. 136 isnt even as good as my best DoT, which is still gimp.

Just think there is a lot more that can be done to improve the beastlord, without hurting other classes, and make us more effective in raids, and other content.

What about the group haste, or lowering the cast time on our haste? Both would be very nice. Upping our damage migration some, not a lot, but some. Raising our AC softcap.

Our best nuke is poison, but before the last expansion, our best was Ice, even our ancient is ice. I like the new nuke, crits for 6k. But our next best one does less them half that, may be only around 2.5k.

Do have 1300+ aa's so dot crits maxed, nukes maxed, all helpful aa's maxed. Have plent of Focuses, not to 75, but at least to 70.

Khauruk

Quote from: Jilen on October 10, 2007, 12:11:31 PM
For the Pet DD and Haste, I just want them on the same timer, lower one, or raise the other, so I dont have to rebuff haste, then a little while later, rebuff the pet proc. Just the same timer, is all.
Would be very nice.  I'm thankful that ours at leasts last a reasonable amount of time...Necros and mages both have ~20minute pet buff spells, and don't have Spell Casting Mastery available to them.
As far as the DPS, I think it needs to be upped. I run 2.0 and Hollowed from Bloodraids, which is a little better dps then the Mace of Grim. I stay someone ranked in the top 10, but most DPS Parces dont included pet(s). I know the one listed here does, and I'll start playing with it more.
???????????????????????
I would think they'd want to up the double atk a lot before adding tripple atk, I mean ours sits at 30 with max skill.
Who said we're being given triple attack?  I haven't seen anything from a dev to indicate that.  We're nowhere near maxed on double, so I doubt we'll see triple until then.
What about a bonus of some kind with 2 hand blunt weapons?
Zerkers are the problem with 2hand itemization - when they figure out how to deal with that, they plan on going back through the past couple expansions at least and upping the ratios.  2hander dps will always be less than 2 1-handers, because of how easy they are to obtain (and we lack the 2hander specific AAs) - I just hope that it will start to creep up a lot closer to it.
Something I found this morning, I have the OOW tier 2 boots from CoA with the pet focus. My max hit for my pet is 136 with our crits, procs, or any spells. 136 isnt even as good as my best DoT, which is still gimp.
??????????  Your point is?  Max hit cannot be compared to one tick of a dot and give any worthwhile point regarding dps.  Does your DoT quad and flurry?
Just think there is a lot more that can be done to improve the beastlord, without hurting other classes, and make us more effective in raids, and other content.
Aye...our issues are simple, our solutions imo are simple.  The hard part is to convince developers.
What about the group haste, or lowering the cast time on our haste? Both would be very nice. Upping our damage migration some, not a lot, but some. Raising our AC softcap.
NDA should be lifted for beta w/in a couple weeks or so, I think.  We'll see if any of these things happen then.  But, I'd be shocked if anything happens to our mitigation.  Maddoc said he's satisfied with it, and I don't think we as a community have done much to prove him wrong.
Our best nuke is poison, but before the last expansion, our best was Ice, even our ancient is ice. I like the new nuke, crits for 6k. But our next best one does less them half that, may be only around 2.5k.
So.....what's your point?
Do have 1300+ aa's so dot crits maxed, nukes maxed, all helpful aa's maxed. Have plent of Focuses, not to 75, but at least to 70.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hanelce

I could care less about having these 2 on the same timer.  If my pet is up long enough that I need to recast the spells, I'm happy to recast.  In other words, I'm saying.. lets care about something that matters first i.e. pet survivablilty, instead of convenience.

I'm not ecstatic about where we sit with dps, but we're doing pretty well with dps, if the pets lasted longer, then we could be better, bringing me back to my first point.

We don't see much benefit from double attack, above 25 (now 30), iirc, is the reason we didn't throw a huge fit about not making our double attack go higher, I may be wrong, but I'm sure someone will correct me.  As for triple attack, we won't see it for quite a while.

I don't see what your getting at, Your pet, hits for 136... multiple times, within the 6 seconds that the dot is going for.  Personally, I don't use dots, as they are not mana efficient, and resisted to much.  I don't know many beastlords that do use dots, for the exact same reason.

You know you can use both nukes, right?  If you mem one, you don't have to throw the other in your spell book.  I <3 the poison nuke, but its a trade off.  High damage, for high mana, or lower mana, for less damage.  For those characters with lower mana pools, yes, it will be a struggle to chain the poison nuke, but watching your mana, and using it to your benefit is ls the key.

75 Arch Animist

Khauruk

Quote from: Hanelce on October 10, 2007, 09:09:17 PM
We don't see much benefit from double attack, above 25 (now 30), iirc, is the reason we didn't throw a huge fit about not making our double attack go higher, I may be wrong, but I'm sure someone will correct me.  As for triple attack, we won't see it for quite a while.

Every point of double attack will have a good impact.  But, that first point has a much larger gain than any other.  I don't recall the exact formula right now, but because level comes into it, double attack point 1 has the same impact as all the other points we have in it.

Formula is something like:
lvl + modifiers + dbl_atk_skill/integer = dbl atk %age.

We were going to originally get a higher skill in TSS beta (50), but Maddoc thought it was a bit too high, so dropped it to 25.  The skill might have been cut in half, but we still got the majority of the effect from it.  And additionally, Ferocity (worn) has a far greater impact for BSTs now.  So, we didn't bitch much, since it was still a gi-damn-gantic boost to our dps.

It likely will be scaling up this level increase as well.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Hanelce

Quote from: Khauruk on October 10, 2007, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: Hanelce on October 10, 2007, 09:09:17 PM

Every point of double attack will have a good impact.  But, that first point has a much larger gain than any other.  I don't recall the exact formula right now, but because level comes into it, double attack point 1 has the same impact as all the other points we have in it.

Formula is something like:
lvl + modifiers + dbl_atk_skill/integer = dbl atk %age.

We were going to originally get a higher skill in TSS beta (50), but Maddoc thought it was a bit too high, so dropped it to 25.  The skill might have been cut in half, but we still got the majority of the effect from it.  And additionally, Ferocity (worn) has a far greater impact for BSTs now.  So, we didn't bitch much, since it was still a gi-damn-gantic boost to our dps.

It likely will be scaling up this level increase as well.

How'd I know it was going to be you....

75 Arch Animist

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Grbage

Khauruk is right. They originally tested us at a double attack rate of 50 and found the gain was way to much so brought it down to 25. As we are going to level 80 soon there will likely be a 5 skill level increase per level and the gain in DPS will likely be fairly decent.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Goodluvin

I would like to see some more pet AAs, granted I find myself tanking far more then my warder, but for those occassions where my pet "off tanks", I'd like to have it be a little more...  stable?  Maybe pop some damage mitigation and avoidance AAs for our faithful little friend?  Or would that cause imbalance?

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1363987

There ain't no luvin, like troll luvin'

Romulus-Zek

In my low dps group I use dots.  I would like to see them continue to upgrade them.  Yes, they are situational and when I did raid I never used dots.  Also in a higher dps group they are useless. 

Warder needs to be stronger.  Basically warder has become a cleric hammer - it just lives more fights before going poof.

Mitigation/avoidance tables need tuning bad.

Regards.

Maylian

1 very small and easily rectifiable issue that I would like SoE to address is the Solteris pet focus name. Changing it to something that sounds good rather than the beta name for something should be easy to do since its only on 4 items.

It makes me sad that SoE care so little about something so small and easy to sort out as this.