Main Menu

Started up a new 6-box on the Rathe.

Started by Bulge, October 09, 2007, 12:00:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

Glad to see it's working out.  I will say though that past about 70, BST tanking does not keep up with mob dps.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Bulge

Well, I was wondering about that. When I read the posts here it seems a BL can tank regular content just fine, however I take it this means you have to have all your core AA?  And what about gear? I do not have enough plat to get my Beast the Elegant armor but I do think I could deck him out in Elaborate when the time comes. And from 65 onwards there is some cheap bazaar gear for some of the other slots. 

So a Beastlord in Elaborate armor with Exalted augs and the other slots filled with 175-240 hp gear, and about 500-700 AA should be able to tank dark blue mobs at level 75? I know there are other variables, like which zone, but if all  the above would not allow him to tank dark blues in any zone, then I will reconsider.

I will probably keep on going with what I have right now, I just have to get used to the fact that one of my boxes is slowing rather then my Main. I am old, it is hard to learn new tricks. :D

Bulge, 66 Beastlord of Third Era, Antonius Bayle(formerly Kane Bayle), temporarily retired.
Sterk, 45 SK of Indigo Skies, 6-box on Rathe server, and progressing through TSS.

hershel

Hey there Bulge.  You see me as Tider and woodthomson3 on the maiin boards bud.  I am still doing mine as well and am at 65 and loving it. 

I will say this for the bard.  There are several ways you can pull.  You can mez and fade.  You can use lull/calm.  It is a real low level spell too.  I think the name is lament or something like that.  Also you can selo and time it by the six pulse and use the AA bellow to give plenty of time to fade after the pull if you need to.  I do this a lot. 

I even use dispell to pull if I think I need a dispell (like later in Isalin)  Some say you can highsun too, but I have not worked out the casting time on that yet as I have so much going on.  Long story short, don't give up on him/her just yet.

So pulling and then a 4 song melody can be very nice, just watch agro when you have multiples.  Just curious are you using a melody like this besides the slow and if so what?  There are a lot of choices really.

I often evac as well, but I have a beast to offtank too, so it is just the difference in our group makeup I guess.  Not many want to fool with 3 melee like I do.

SK's are supposed to be the kings of agro, but it has been too long.  Disease Cloud got nerfed back in the day, so I have no clue how they agro multiples so quick now.

Good luck!