Main Menu

2 boxing a Mage

Started by Lupina, November 06, 2007, 04:36:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lupina

I have a 67 Mage no AA with some time gear and a 66 Beast with no AA and some time gear.
I have a hard time finding a place to Duo, because of multiple adds. Does anyone have any suggestions.

I have tried BoT, didn't work out too well. I have also tried HoH, did fine with 2 yet could not handle 3 or more. I play on the combine(progression) server, so all content is not open as of yet, however we are on Omens.

Khauruk

Noble's Causeway might be doable for you if you can tank it well enough.  Grieg's is where I spent most of my solo time...a couple places where you get adds at Gates, but they're easy compared to PoP mobs.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Grieg's End would probally be best place, but you would probally get better xp soloing.  Nobles Causway could be an option depending how well you you can take a hit.  I have crappy gear and so the Murk's hurt alot vs. me.  Can also try Blood Fields as I found they don't hit quite as oftem for max damage.  Also could try Dragnors Cauldron? (Place off of Warslik Woods or OT depending how you wish to run there, the goblins w/ the CHoS).  The other zone I would recomend is PoI inside the factory.  Been told they are DB at your level and if your time flagged it is possible your also flagged for factory.  PoFire is also another possibilty.  I know PoFire is equal or almost equal in XP as WoS but alot easier to solo for a BST.  Again, having Time gear I'm assuming your flagged for Fire, it's bad assuming but you didn't state what flags you have.
     Dropping the Mage (This is a BST forum after all) and adding one of the 3 healing classes would open alot more of the stronger content to you including WoS (Would recomend Druid or Cleric w/ slight nod to cleric w/ the way the game is developing and always subject to change).
     Look into getting your defensive AA's if your duo'ing ASAP.  That will help alot with your ability to take adds and may solve alot of your healing needs.  And the Healing AA's will start paying off as well if you have the Life Tap aug's from DoN (Next expansion to be unlocked).  In all there are many ways you can go with AA's but Defensive AA's will make you take less hits, Offensive AA's will make the mob die faster, and Utility AA's just makes life easier.  All things you can use in this stage of your carreer.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

maxawesome

First of all, if you're both Time flagged, go to the dorf in PoK and get your aa's for having flagged through to Time (unless you were piggied in.

Zarrites

I would say try WoS first, have bst pull with slow, sick pet on him, then position mage rogue pet behind mob. Have bst heal pet, while the mage kills the mob. If that doesn't work, theres always PoV.

Skraach

Well since I have boxed both for a long time, with no AA, you are going to get wrecked in WoS and NC, the mobs hit hard and roamers are an issue.  However, you might be able to handle Bloodfields entrance, since you can single pull and use stun pet to help keep the mob from tearing up the bst as much.  I did that spot with low aa on the bst (less then 50), and it was alright, but much faster with any healer, you can keep 3 rooms of spawns down in the 19 min spawn cycle, with occasional rest as it gets more and more broken.  Veksar or Griegs might be better, just turn on aa until bst has at least Combat Agility 3 and Combat Stability 3, then go back to Bloodfields etc and really mow 'em down.  But honestly, you're gonna need a healer buddy in most zones, as you just aren't powerful enough to do it on your own with little aa.  Ssra might also be a good option, and good for loot as well.  You can pet tank/pet cleric most of it, and let the mage burn everything down.

Tiroon

BoT would work well for the beastie provided you keep to the courtyard and kill turkeybees. The problem is that those are all level 61 i.e. dark blue only to the beastie but not to the mage.

The golems in PoV would be dark blue to both up to 67 but you need to be careful when pulling to avoid adds.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Lupina

I recently tried the Murk Caves in WoS, I can do about 4~5 Murk's before they respawn. the experiance isn't too bad either. This is just to let you know, I also appreciate the other suggestions and will try them out as well.