Main Menu

NDA LIFTED!!! SoF here we come

Started by Humlaine, November 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humlaine

Ok ok, I know alot of you were wanting to know the inside story about beastlords and SoF , well I am here to tell you, its going to be a good year as a beastlord

What do we get?

Pets are 100% better - we had a new dev working just with the pet classes to get our pets up to par in terms of actually living on raids, their AC was increased by almost 1000% if I remember correctly.

Their dps, I broke down a pet non raid buffed just focused and AA'ed with Our new pet haste and proc and epic 2.0 proc, was 339 dps, which is by far more respectable, raid buffed I would say at least 380 dps possibly 400.

Focused Paragon of spirits - single target paragon, it regens the same as normal paragon but its on a different timer, and has a recast time of onerly 2 mins.

Paragon - We got the largest boost to paragon then what we've seen since we came out it will be regening about 1780 mana in total and 600 hp a tick.

Feral swipe - 100% damage increase on feral swipe with the third rank we get

Pet defensive AA's - We got new pet defensive aa's iirc its 5 / 7 / 10 in terms of mitigation

Pet hp aa's - Same thing We get 2, 5, 10% increase in Pet hp

Pet aa's in gernal - more crit and flurry aa's for our pets, another rank of hobble for those who love our snare.

Also

Companions blessing - its a HoT for our pet, it increases over time and lasts one min, its on its down timer also 15 min recast

Fortify Companion - Reduces the damage your pet takes from damage shields and increases is migiation from melee and spells up to a point - from what I've seen I cant remember the total he its a ton of mitigation in terms of its not a one hit wonder, it lasts for a really long time usually the buff wears off before it will be striped off from AE's or damage.

Beastlords Feral kick - Another riposte AA, but it's a addition to riposte , so you can do both , basicly you have a chance to kick when you riposte.

Pact of the Wurine - Werewolf illusion - Increases hp/ mana by 410 , increases mana regen 55% run speed ( works inside ) and 10%  more accuracy

Haste Beastial Alignment - decreases the reuse time on Beastial alignment by 12 mins per rank - 3 ranks in total

Hasten Roar of thunder - more AA's to decrease the reuse time on roar, its down to 4 mins with max rank now

More replenished companion AA's, more heal aa's more defensive aa's, our general stuff more veteran wrath aa's

Also

Burst of Power - Increases your max  skill cap for triple attack by 5 points, we've got 2 ranks.

Roar of thunder - Upgrade does 2400 I think- and increased the aggro reduction to 3200

If you read the above - yes thats right, we got triple attack to the skill of 25 innate starting at level 76, also wit that we get 25 more skill points in double attack making it 50 now on live

SPELLS!!!!

Ok in general we've got a few good upgrades to spells

Bite of the Burrower - Our new Poison nuke - 3241 base damage at rank 2

Bulwark of Tri'Qaras - Mammoth hide on crack - Blocks the next 6 incomming attacks , when the protection fades it increases your pet's attack speed and damage for 30 seconds.

Dragonscale guard - Blocks the next 9 incomming attacks for your pet

howl at the moon - Standard upgrade to our Swarm pets!

Peerless Penchant - Ok guys I know this sucks but it gives off a recourse group haste when casted that lasts for 14 mins at rank 3, I am currently working with prath to try and get it to last longer

Growl of the Puma - Upgrade to Growl of the panther- due to the fact growl of the panther still scales with higher characters it will not get a increased damage mod but he did say he would work with us to make the new one something different to make it viable for us to actually use

Harrow - 100% increase to rake costs 268 endur same as rake in refresh.

hasten Origin - 3 ranks - reduces reuse time on origin by 6 mins

Feroisity - Well I hate to say it but fero is meh - They scaled attack and AC on mobs higher so fero is some what worth it in SoF but otherwise its generally nothing special

I think we are sitting in a good spot in terms of actually being useful on raids and even solo wise we are looking great, groupable stuff we are looking at almost solteris level armor with around anguish level weaponry - Our spells are decent, and our aa's totally rock, nodyin did a fantastic job on aa's and Rytan made pets 1000% better then what they were for all pet classes.

Most of all welcome to SoF!!!

Kanan

the group haste recourse on that new pet haste = something I'll block asap & tell those I'm grouped with to block until Prat stops being a prat & does more on his spell job & quits ignoring it in favor of raids.

Focused para = when u say same as normal para, you mean it = the same regen that we get from our existing level of para, whatever rank we are in it?
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Humlaine

it requires max rank of paragon group version to buy focused

Wreckage

Raid Weapons:

Tier 1

1HB: 47/24(not sure on proc)
HTH: 42/20(not sure on proc)

Tier 2

1HB: 57/24 (not sure on proc)

Tier 3

1HB: 65/25 Fiery Strike III
1HP(secondary): 56/22 (not sure on proc)
HTH: 52/19 Freezing Strike III

Tier 4

1HB: 56/23 Fiery Strike IV
1HB: 71/25 Life Sap III
1HP(Secondary): 58/21 Freezing Strike IV
HTH: 56/19 Life Sap III
HTH 60/20 Fiery Strike IV

I did not get a chance to get the other 1HPs or teh procs that were missing. Also, I do believe the Non-lore tag was removed from the 2 Tier 4 HTH weapons. So they are lore now. Also these were the last updates I had of them. So they may have changed some. But I do expect them to be very close to what I posted.

Sikkem

Thanks beta beasties. Appreciate all the work oyu guys have put in  8-)

The pets look great, aa's seem pretty good and spells are well spells.  :roll:

Question

Quotekyzar_vs wrote:

Nodyin-Dev wrote:

Pet as a tank in what level of content? Pirates? Katta? If Katta, which zones?

Katta - Rockcrusher, Muckdiver, the named Kedge in Evidence of Enity, Experimental kedge etc.

I have all AA for pet, but only group focus (sweeper)

Kyz

New pets will eat that stuff for breakfast.

Are our new pets even close to this?

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Humlaine

I dont know about that but they are pretty hot imo, 1000% better then what we have on live

Wreckage

How the raid tiers work out.

Tier 1 raid - tss (beltron/lethar)
Tier 2 raid - solteris (entry level)
Tier 3 raid - solteris+
Tier 4 raid - > solteris
(Info taken from Monkly Buisness:Nedrom)

Blarp

I'm very happy to see whats been done wit SoF, i think it will help us as a class 100% bette then the past,  We get lot betetr thigns kinda an innate Channie for Anyone with 2 min refesh Target paragon wich wil help on raids we can fee at s a kick ass rait now and the gruop haste if it can act as overhaste will put us back into raid content

i think the pet remake is OUT standing
aot been fixed and working its way ut there, 3 Cheers WEEEEEEEEEEE

Wreckage

I dont ever think we will see any kind of overhaste period. The group haste recourse was and still is, like pulling teeth. They first had it at 7 mins, then 10 and now around 15 mins. Which is still way too low considering the pet haste lasts around 45 mins. The spells were a disaster this beta. So I am hoping Humlaine can get it fixed ASAP.

Sikkem

Quote from: Wreckage on November 12, 2007, 09:19:04 PM
The spells were a disaster this beta. So I am hoping Humlaine can get it fixed ASAP.

Been browsing a few class forums this morning and all the sites seem to agree on one 2 things... The AA's were done exceedingly well (as far as player feedback goes) and the Spell guy should be fired instantly, or at least put back on content where apparently he was quite good.

Kitathia

WOW I makes me very optimistic about SoF. Just wonder how spells are purchased. Like TBS with a whole lot of factioning? AGAIN? Or by drops too?

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious

Inphared

It's going to be like TSS, with a vendor.

The Beastlord class came out very well with SoF. Raid utility has gone up drastically and our pets are infinitely better. Big props to Humlaine for all of his work. It wasn't easy.

Maylian

Yeah feedback was very good and it was nice that Rytan took over from Prathun and worked on pets and listened to what a lot of people suggested. Pets will now be summoned with a cloak that depending upon the focus adds certain mod2's that will help with survivability.

Harrow (new rake) seems nice although the agro generation is still a bit high, don't know if Hum has managed to get that discussed with Prathun. Peerless Penchant (pet haste) really needs this recourse duration bumped up massively to be an effective replacement to casting Celerity. I can imagine working on spells with Prathun has been like pulling teeth, hope they can learn from this beta and split work evenly or a seperate dev to each key area.

Overall I'm about 90% happy with SoF so far and with a few tweaks we'll be in a great position going forward.

Sikkem

Taken from the druids grove with reference to AC changes

Mitigation AC returns where adjusted. Druids, Rangers and Silk classes recieved a higher then normal cap increase.

Likewise, the Over the cap return value was adjusted - Cleric, Bard, Ranger, Rogue, Shaman, Beastlord, Berserker, Druid, Casters - More than the standard increase.

Does anyone have any idea on what our cap is and what the benefits are from being over the cap? Also did we get a higher cap increase and they just left it of the list or are we skimmed over again?

Blarp

I taking it as the retrun over out cap is going up maybe by 2-3 hp per ac who knowstho it will be betetr then what we got witch i like.