Main Menu

NDA LIFTED!!! SoF here we come

Started by Humlaine, November 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vidyne

?  it was a joke?

I only use steeltrap on raid mobs and resistant nameds....
my regular slow is better for all other uses

1min slow, no guarentee it will proc, no message when it wears off.... nah i'll hold off on pet slow.

:)

Panthur

To me, the pet slow is useless. I have no control over it, doesnt last long enough and im too dam lazy to keep an eye on my pets buffs to refresh it. Why would i when i can cast slow myself without having towait on my pet to do it for me. Id rather him dps. I used steeltrap jaws one, then never used it again. Giving me another useless version i'll pass on thanks. If it had the normal dd proc and buff timer with the slow proc maybe. But meh. Just not thilled by it.

Rabekiz

The white werewolf forms owns. 400hp/400mana isnt bad by itself but having perm sow (even indoors) and accuracy boosted is a really nice bonus. Only downside is it only lasts 36ish minutes and you have to reshrink everytime. Also cant use a mount at the same time- oh no. I'm guessing (ie havent tested) that it will be overwritten by bestial alignment, not a huge issue since its a 1 second cast time.

The feral swipe upgrade is pretty nice. Get regular hits (non-disc, self-buffed) in the 2670 area).

Completely agree the DoTs are crap.

One thing I have noticed is that I generate alot more aggro, go go shorter timer on roar of thunder.

Pet pathing has been improved tremendously, fido was rarely more then 3-4 seconds behind me while in werewolf form.

I found tanking a hell of a lot smoother, DPS spikes were about non existant (at least on group mobs). Dont get me wrong, the red cons will still mow thru a group on a bad pull, but single pulls were much easier to time heals on.

Sikkem

Quote from: Rabekiz on November 14, 2007, 12:58:03 PM
I'm guessing (ie havent tested) that it will be overwritten by bestial alignment,

Sadly Beastial alignment doesnt overwrite werewolf form and you cant cast BE while it is on because of the illusion I assume. Eaasy to click off though... A nice AA

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

jitathab

Anyone able to post a level by level summary of spells / AA?

Kanan

does the werewolf form stack with other hp buffs, esp clr buffs?

I know this was a problem at one point in beta.  I just hope it will be useful outside of soloing.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Quote from: Kanan on November 14, 2007, 02:29:41 PM
does the werewolf form stack with other hp buffs, esp clr buffs?

I know this was a problem at one point in beta.  I just hope it will be useful outside of soloing.

Yes, I was using it today in conjunction with Tenacity.

Sadly, however, werewolf forms cannot ride mounts.

Little bonus I discovered...the AA is an Abjuration ability and can be cast every second if you want. It's the new fastest way to train your Abjuration skill up.

I also bought the Feral Swipe upgrade and the extra memmed spell slot. I'm saving the rest of my saved AA to buy Focused Paragon when I get to level 78.

Zebrn Beasword

Anyone found a decent xp spot that a BL can duo? (druid/bst)
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Sardarni

I have questions about 2 new pet AAs (sorry at work, so I don't know AA names)

Level 3 of Hobble of Spirits.  I love level 2, what would be the use for level 3?  Does it stop sowed mobs?!?

The other AA is something about making you pet run in the direction you are facing?!?  What?  and why?

Sardarni

I also had a problem with standing regen, it "seemed" slower.  I also noticed my meditate cap went up by 140ish (level 73). That is so slow to level up.  I purposely been going OOM so I can sit for a while. Is meditate for sitting mana regen only or for standing too?

Gaeastar

I have a question does the pet fixes only apply to SOF pets? or were some of them retroactive?
[code:1]
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 68 - Beastlord - Tunare
Gaeastar Darkmoone - 71 - Beastlord - Povar
[/code:1]

Silent and swift i walk always on the dark side of the moon ever searching for the new and wonderous experiences that the world has in store for those who bother to look.

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sikkem

Quote from: Gaeastar on November 14, 2007, 11:46:18 PM
I have a question does the pet fixes only apply to SOF pets? or were some of them retroactive?

I know Khauuak replied no to this but the mage cc says their pets will be redone down to the 71 pet but no idea as to when... so its probably more like a maybe leaning to no  :roll:

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Vidyne

meditate only applies to sitting down far as I have ever known.

Hobble of spirits 3 is 60% snare, -60 magic check on allakhazam
hobble 2 is 50% snare, -50 magic check
hobble  is 40% snare, 0 magic check

Rage of Tri'Qaras kicks off our pet haste and celerity... so its the haste component that isn't stacking.
The jump from 136 max hit to 147 max hit is nice... and all.. but...  Bulwark of Tri'Qaras is going to get put beside Taste of Blood at this point because I can't afford to rehaste my pet every 30seconds or so.  I'll try to find out if it kicks off enchanter haste as well.

Ellowind does stack with Rage however.

Rabekiz

Quote from: Zebrn Beasword on November 14, 2007, 08:09:42 PM
Anyone found a decent xp spot that a BL can duo? (druid/bst)

I'm DPoB geared with over 2K AA and I'm able to box a cleric effectively in both Loping Plains and Hills of Shade (tho HoS was pretty rough at times). Key of course is to find an area without all those damn roamers. Havent tried boxing any other zones mostly because not much above Loping Plains facilitates single pulls.