Main Menu

NDA LIFTED!!! SoF here we come

Started by Humlaine, November 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zebrn Beasword

Quote from: Rabekiz on November 15, 2007, 01:09:08 PM
Quote from: Zebrn Beasword on November 14, 2007, 08:09:42 PM
Anyone found a decent xp spot that a BL can duo? (druid/bst)

I'm DPoB geared with over 2K AA and I'm able to box a cleric effectively in both Loping Plains and Hills of Shade (tho HoS was pretty rough at times). Key of course is to find an area without all those damn roamers. Havent tried boxing any other zones mostly because not much above Loping Plains facilitates single pulls.

Cool ty for the reply.  I have a Druid and a naked 72 monk I use for solo pulls.. how was the xp running in comparison to other zones?
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Grbage

Quote from: Sardarni on November 14, 2007, 09:55:02 PM
The other AA is something about making you pet run in the direction you are facing?!?  What?  and why?

The aa is to help position the pet without having to tell it to back off, run over to where you want it and telling it to attack again.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Nusa

Quote from: Grbage on November 15, 2007, 08:06:13 PM
The other AA is something about making you pet run in the direction you are facing?!?  What?  and why?

The aa is to help position the pet without having to tell it to back off, run over to where you want it and telling it to attack again.

I've put it WAY down on my personal list of things to get. It has more value to other pet classes that need to adjust their pets at long range. I expect it works a lot like pally stuns...face the way you want the pet to shift and trigger it.

Hanelce

Quote from: Nusa on November 15, 2007, 08:26:25 PM
Quote from: Grbage on November 15, 2007, 08:06:13 PM

I've put it WAY down on my personal list of things to get. It has more value to other pet classes that need to adjust their pets at long range. I expect it works a lot like pally stuns...face the way you want the pet to shift and trigger it.

Say your facing north.  your pet is fighting alongside you.

Click the AA, the pet is propelled forward Northward.  Pet is flung north, then runs back to the south.  Which, if your soloing, the pet will be on the mobs back.

Mages begged for it, and so the devs thought it was a good idea to give to every pet class.

75 Arch Animist

Zarrites

so basically if you want an absolute 0% chance for your pet to have a chance to /shield you, get and use this AA.
The only thing I could possibly think of to use this for is for some pvp action. Since we don't have a huge ds for our pet like mages do, people can pretty much take out our pets with little trouble. (although I would like to see how our pets compare now) If you could just fling your pet around wildly every time the person would go to swing at your pet lol. Although that all depends on cast time / recast time which wouldn't be worth it unless you could almost spam it.

Rabekiz

Zebrn -

Exp was about 1% every 2-3 kills. With self buffs and just casting the Bark at the Moon I can kill the mobs just before slow wears off. 2 NPCs at once gets a bit hairy and definately drains the ole mana pool but its survivable (well, at least with 19K hp). The loot is craptastic but it gives me something to do while waiting for guild groups to open and you can get a few things done around the house at the same time.

Kanan

Zarrites, I think I can still count the number of times I've been shielded by my pet on one hand.  The dps change in the pet getting on the back is significant, and will also help balance our personal push.  In HoH last night to get my last 3% for 76, i actually had coupla mobs get oor of melee, i think bcs it was me, swarm & warder on its front.

I do agree tho.. it will not be bot for a very long time either tbh.  When I'm down to deciding to get packrat or crit dots again I think ;p
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Rabekiz

Quote from: Humlaine on November 12, 2007, 07:06:49 PMHarrow - 100% increase to rake costs 268 endur same as rake in refresh.

Harrow Rk I is actually only a 35% improvement over rake ... 89 X3 vs 65 X3. Still, its a rather large upgrade.

Zebrn Beasword

Quote from: Rabekiz on November 16, 2007, 02:02:15 PM
Zebrn -

Exp was about 1% every 2-3 kills. With self buffs and just casting the Bark at the Moon I can kill the mobs just before slow wears off. 2 NPCs at once gets a bit hairy and definately drains the ole mana pool but its survivable (well, at least with 19K hp). The loot is craptastic but it gives me something to do while waiting for guild groups to open and you can get a few things done around the house at the same time.

Aye I did this all day yesterday.  Would recommend this zone for xp for all of us in the community.  Can tank it easy on an ashengate/DpoB level with a druid healing.  Probably less gear with a cleric be fine. 
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

Shamno

I really don't see peoples problem with the pet relocation AA, I think this thing is a wonderful ability.

Grbage

Quote from: Shamno on November 17, 2007, 10:47:44 PM
I really don't see peoples problem with the pet relocation AA, I think this thing is a wonderful ability.

I thought it was a great AA idea but hey, we all have different ways to play the game.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Otuol

:? I really fail to understand the use of it at all.  Just line up on the other side of the pet.   Maybe for repositioning the pet after casting bark?  Meh, seems like a lot of work to me.

Shamno

Quote from: Otuol on November 19, 2007, 08:18:58 PM
:? I really fail to understand the use of it at all.  Just line up on the other side of the pet.   Maybe for repositioning the pet after casting bark?  Meh, seems like a lot of work to me.

Not really, it would be a lot of work if it had a more then a second cast time. it is insta cast and instant reuse.

It is just a nice tool too have, consider it about the same usefulness as /pet focus myself.

Khauruk

Quote from: Otuol on November 19, 2007, 08:18:58 PM

If you don't like it, don't buy it.  Problem solved.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Sushe

After playing around with the pet re-location aa in beta, i picked it up pretty quickly on live. Now just rotating slightly i can put my pet wherever i want him on a raid mob without having to /pet hold and run around like a fool (aka lose dps). It is almost instant in relocation and i was even able to push Furball out of ramp range 99.9% of a FC/AG clear last night. I think he took 1 round of ramp on one of the stupid golems but that was about it.
Personally i <3 it.. but to each their own.