Main Menu

Level 57 soloing grounds, por favor...

Started by Jorna, November 18, 2007, 02:57:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jorna

I just outgrew my old stomping grounds of Dulak's.  :cry: I'm looking for a similar place where I can easily solo (no duoing or two boxing), as well as safely pull solos.  I loved the ability of working my way around a boat and having a place where I would have to be INCREDIBLY stupid or inattentive in order to be killed.  Most of everything that I have been reading in here have suggestions that were posted in early 2006 or before.

What do you suggest, my pretties?  My hp and ac are 'meh', and though I'm not totally gimp by any measures, I'm not outfitted for anything fancy, either.

Thanks!  High five!  Group hug!  Etc.!

JillieMT

Velks was THE zone to be at in high 50's back in the day, and would still be great for you, as its a current Hot Zone!

I was doing Nurga back then. Stabber Remmy room is easy as pie, and good for a couple of levels for you.

Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Jorna

I forgot to mention that I HATE Velks - I've died horribly so many times there due to others' stupidity (and, occasionally, my ditzy keyboard driving, as I would fall to my death on occasion) that I try to steer away from there at all costs.

Prelgor

I'm trying to recall where I spent those levels.  Like you, I stayed in Dulak until about the same point.  I definitely hunted in Velks for a while, although I never went in very deep.  Nurga is another good suggestion, as was mentioned.  If you don't yet have the Hobble AA (I didn't), save your nuke in reserve as your "beastlord snare." :) 

You should also be able to hunt in Nadox (LoY expansion).  The first spot I would try is not the entrance area.  Go near the zone-in from Togiran Mines (invis your way through).  There are about 6 or 7 single pullable trolls all lined up in a row.  If your kill rate is high, you can work your way into pulling the room behind that corridor, with the trap door.  Be careful - a named troll will rarely spawn on the death of one of these trolls.  If these are too easy, try the zone-in from the Gunthak temple.  There are about half a dozen named that can pop in certain areas around the zone.  The XP isn't the fastest I've ever had, but it's a fun enough area. 

Velks, Nurga and Nadox were the main areas that I spent time until I hit 60. 

If you haven't completed the quests for your LoY spells, do them.  I used Bond of the Wild until I got the upgrade at 63 - the earlier upgrades have annoyingly shorter durations.  I used Malaria until well into my 60's as well.  Scorpion Blood (our 61 DoT) was much less mana efficient than Malaria, and Malaria only needs level 2 spell foci (AE 2, BA 2), which are very available. 

You may be able to do Acrylia Caverns.  I spent a long time there at 60; I'm not sure how much harder it would be at 57.  Personally, I never want to see another grimling again. :) 

You can probably do well in Veksar, either at the entrance or perhaps just past the goblins. 

In more recent content, parts of Gorukar Mesa (TSS) are probably going green/gray, but give it a look - there are probably some mobs there to challenge you.  Blackfeather Roost is probably a bit too hard to solo at 57.  I was well past 57 by the time TSS came out. 

You might try Dranik's Scar.  It was a hot zone recently, so you can get a nifty aug and complete a watchmaker quest.  I never tried it solo at your level. 

Hope that helps! 

Gharrik

I was in a great group in Droga at 55 the other day.  I could have easily soloed right past the drop-off I think, and that is a hot zone right now too, with plat, fine steel, gems, and bazaar sellable tradeskill stuff to be had.  I just dinged 56 in Velks, but once I get some safety buffer into this level I'm going back to Droga to solo with the new pet.  Bring a gate potion if you give this a try though.  The path to walk back out has yellow and red con shadowknights and wizards (ice comet hurts when it lands).