Main Menu

New warder - still needs work

Started by jitathab, November 20, 2007, 12:59:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jitathab

I have been playing extensively with the new warder in SoF and raiding and it still has shortfalls, whereas it is an improvement it has been given shortchange compared to mage pets. While its hard to argue that the Mage class needed upgrades its hard to see why they get a pet capable of holding agro over toons in a group and can tank two level 80 mobs in Bloodmoon Keep.

1) Enrage - Our warder still get killed in an instant, mages get immunity to enrage. Do we have this AA?
2) AE ramp - Still takes damage but is better. Again mage pet gets immunity. Do we have this AA i didnt see it.
2) Offtanking - Is still not good enough for SOF content
3) AE's - Our warder is taking more damage from AE spells than I am, enough to one round compared to a 50% drop on our 22k warrior.
4) AA - We have an AA that increase HP of warder by 1 5 10%,  unless combined with AC or similar this is of little benift.
5) Warder is still getting 1 rounded in general mellee combat when the group tank decides to back off and move a mob.

Our warder has recieved some upgrades, but not yet enough.

Inphared

To the contrary, I've had zero problems with my pet. He survived through Big Bynn (lots of AE's) just fine. I haven't tested AE rampage yet, but the pet mitigation AA's have helped tremendously.

Keno

I agree, We have been short changed on the improvent to our companions. The mag's are now out DPSing the wizzards yet we stay way down on the chart. They still die way too easy, I couldnt even solo a drk blue mob with p mend and pet heal being spammed.  not up to par yet

Nusa

Basing complaint on facts and needs is fine. Basing complaints on jealousy of another class is bad form, and tends to sabotage any legitimate points you have. And yes, you do come across as jealous at this point, and not just in this post.

Panthur

I have noticed my pet out tanks me nicely, even tho im max defensives (-sof onses atm still working on those) when i used to out tank my warder by far. Pet clericing if a handy tool but i always rake, dd and dot just oor of the mobs reach to help with dps since its slow heh.

Wreckage

Quote from: Inphared on November 20, 2007, 02:09:53 PM
To the contrary, I've had zero problems with my pet. He survived through Big Bynn (lots of AE's) just fine. I haven't tested AE rampage yet, but the pet mitigation AA's have helped tremendously.

/agree

I had no problems lastnight on raids. Fluffy survived just fine on Big Bynn and a few others that we tried.

Grbage

Quote from: jitathab on November 20, 2007, 12:59:46 PM
I have been playing extensively with the new warder in SoF and raiding and it still has shortfalls, whereas it is an improvement it has been given shortchange compared to mage pets. While its hard to argue that the Mage class needed upgrades its hard to see why they get a pet capable of holding agro over toons in a group and can tank two level 80 mobs in Bloodmoon Keep.

1) Enrage - Our warder still get killed in an instant, mages get immunity to enrage. Do we have this AA?
2) AE ramp - Still takes damage but is better. Again mage pet gets immunity. Do we have this AA i didnt see it.
2) Offtanking - Is still not good enough for SOF content
3) AE's - Our warder is taking more damage from AE spells than I am, enough to one round compared to a 50% drop on our 22k warrior.
4) AA - We have an AA that increase HP of warder by 1 5 10%,  unless combined with AC or similar this is of little benift.
5) Warder is still getting 1 rounded in general mellee combat when the group tank decides to back off and move a mob.

Our warder has recieved some upgrades, but not yet enough.

-Mage pets can't hold agro over PC's so long as a PC is in melee range. That is hard coded in for all pets.

-Enrage, might of missed it but I don't remember anything in beta about mage pets ignoring enrage. But, monk aura does allow melee to ignore enrage. Not sure if this works on pets to but that would be my guess of why the pet was surviving.

-AE's, we've been giving several runes to help protect the pets from them. I personally prefer to use my spell slots for something else but they do increase your pets survivability.

-1 rounded. Prior to tweaking I couldn't keep a pet alive in beta at all, just couldnt heal fast enough. Post tweak I could keep the pet alive playing pet cleric with no issue against mobs that were tearing me a new one (had limited aa to spend so didn't have all defensive aa's) Sure you can find tougher mobs then I was testing on but pets came a long way this go around.

Overall we got some solid improvements with SoF, can pets be better? Yes, but pointing at mages and crying isn't the way to go about it.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Keno

Umm shows Ive made one post one here.. really thought this page was non existant untill I revamped my fav files on a new computer. Jellous,, mhh.. possible. More like unhappy that we have gotten the short end of the stick yet again. 3 pet block spells, no new slow, no new haste. Its like we have been set on a shelf to gather dust. Im a raider and do my darnest to help win the round, It wasnt untill they put a little control on the push that I could even use my warder on raid mobs.
So Im whining about a class's pet that had the same problem with push as I did, all there was to it. Were pet class's see no reason not to compare our pets.

Praxxis

I haven't reached the level to get the SoF pet yet, but I would like to hear some calculations on it though.  Such as what kind of mob hits can it take where playing pet cleric is somewhat efficient?

Would it be able to tank RS easily with my 9k manapool to keep him alive?

Takrak

Course mage pets are better...but can a mage tank toe to toe with AG mobs or spam paragon every 2 min (omg it's insane! - I can't find it on lucy but if it's about 900 mana with buff extension focus it's the equivalent of perma FT 45 if you spam it on yourself)?

SoF warder is solid - it can tank reasonably well in Ashengate but beyond that content he won't be staying up for long.  Riftseekers mobs should be np at all - prob won't even have to heal warder at all would be my guess.

Zarrites

Quote5) Warder is still getting 1 rounded in general mellee combat when the group tank decides to back off and move a mob.

Why is your pet the only melee on the mob, what were you doing lol? Also, why isn't your tank out argoing a pet?

Inphared

Quote from: Keno on November 20, 2007, 05:43:45 PMIm a raider and do my darnest to help win the round

Buy focused paragon and stop worrying about your pet then. :roll:

Nusa

Sorry Keno, I was talking to the original poster, you just got your reply in ahead of mine.

And no, comparing pets by themselves between classes is not fair at all. You need to compare the entire package -- master and pet, taking into account playstyle differences. So what if my pet isn't as good a solo tank as a mage pet? Most of the time my pet isn't required to tank at all...I'm doing it!

Keno

Quote from: Inphared on November 20, 2007, 08:26:42 PM

Buy focused paragon and stop worrying about your pet then. :roll:

Pet DPS is a portion of our DPS I dont want to just be a utility toon sit on my tail and cast pargon all day. Im a hybrid and should be up there with the rest of the hybrids dont ya think?

Inphared

http://forums.beastlords.org/index.php?topic=7665.msg82120#msg82120 <-- That's me beating all of the other hybrids on a parse.

http://forums.beastlords.org/index.php?topic=7701.msg82145#msg82145 <-- That's me hitting harder than any other hybrid I've seen to date.

Anything else you'd like to add?