Main Menu

Will Ogre Pets ever get a new model?

Started by Cayz, November 20, 2007, 09:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cayz

Just curious if this was somethin that was ever going to be looked into.  I chose to make an Ogre for their abiliby to be immune to frontal melee stuns, but had i known that our pet was going to be such a "big" hassle on Raids at high lvls i would have gone w/ another class like Iksar.

I know every Race would like to have a new Model for their pets, but anyone who raids w/ Ogre Beastlords should agree that Ogre pets need the change the most.  It's stictly a size thing.  Unshrunk an Ogre pet can cover about 15 people sitting down, and even when Tiny Companion is cast two times, my Pet is still bigger than i am w/ 2 Shrinks and completely covers smaller races to a point where they cannot see through my pet at times.

Trolls used to have the best warder ever, the Croc was so small when shrunk you could barely notice that it was even there, never got in the way............ and then it got changed and made bigger.  The best pet model got changed for the worse and the ones that need the most work (Ogres, Barbs) got ignored.  Just doesnt' make sense to me.

Any chance that this is an issue that is being looked into?  Either a total model change (Oggok and Halas being revamped anytime soon?)  or maybe just making them smaller or even semi-transparent like Shaman / Mage pets?

Inphared

Ever going to be looked into? Probably.

I haven't raided with any Ogre beastlords, but from what I've seen the pet isn't completely and dominantly massive, even when shrunk. And if the smaller races are stubborn enough to stand where your pet is standing, they might want to get a hold of themselves and just move two feet to the left.  :-P

Humlaine

I like the pet models we have actually, I mean they could use a retune but for the most part the only big thing I would like to see changed is the name's instead of humlaine's warder I want to see a different name so targeting isn't a issue on raids for cure's or buffs

Oiingo

I like the current pets other than the basklisk. I want the old model back. 8(
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

aye.. be careful what you wish for.  Look at what happened to the trolls.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Nusa

Changing models is a no-win situation for the devs. For every person that wants a new model, there is one that likes it the way it is. And that's exactly what happened with the troll warder, if you were around for it. Some loved it, some hated it.

The only thing I'd like for the tiger warder is the ability to make it kitten sized like we once could, years ago.

Bumkus

One of the big thrills in leveling my ogre was seeing how much bigger the next bear was gonna be.  That said, it is pretty annoying having to double shrink everytime.

On the other hand, I still want to try out some dueling trickery with the unshrunk bear.  I wonder if I can fool anybody by actually hiding inside the bear.  It hasn't worked yet, but then I am a pretty sucky dueler.

Otuol

Yeah, trolls got screwed.  I would like to see a new pet too, more updated polygons maybe, but I feel like we might end up with a badger or something.