Main Menu

Tinmyn's Oil Can (charm)

Started by Fightclubx, November 21, 2007, 02:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fightclubx

although i'm not sure why i'm posting this.. seems like the current beastlord code, is to NOT share anything with ANYONE unless they are in the same guild you are in.. but anyway...

cut/paste from allakhazam's

(Fortress Mechanotus)
1) Speak to Tynman, right by zone in, in the pit area.

2) Speak to Sparks, just up the hill north near a tent

3) Kill Menders ( helicopter dudes) until a Can of Dirty Oil drops, loot it.

4) Return to Sparks.

5) Find and kill Troopers until a Warm oil drops, loot it and return to Sparks

6) Head to the middle of the metal tower area INVIS, when you go by the middle area you will get a task update

7) Kill Oozes, Wretched, Sticky ,Murky, loot 1 Unrefined oil from each (any oil will always drop one)

8 ) Return the 3 oils to Sparks

9) Hail Sparks, He gives you oil when you hail

10) Take oil to Tynman

11) Go tot he far WEST part of the ground area, in the "forest" area you will find LARGE Gnomes. Pull and kill them, they spawn 2 adds at 50%, squishy oils that hit for about 800 max and have low HP. Loot the Power Storages from the 2 you kill (1 each always drop)

12) Return Powers to Tynman, when you do he gives you a metal cutting blade, take this to sparks and give him it.

13) Hail sparks to get back a Oil-powered Gear which you take to Tynman.

Upon giving it to Tynman you finish the task and get a reward window, congratz on EXP, Faction and a New shiny Tinmyn's Oil Can.

Took us (2 guys 4 toons, MAG SK CLE ENC) 3 hours to complete for 2 Chars.

Praxxis

I just finished this quest last night.  Pretty much all the oil parts can be duo'd with a kiter since none of the oozes or cogs summon.

The only mobs you will have problems with are the last ones.  They have a LOT of HP and spawn 2 adds at 50%.  Other than that, it goes pretty quick.

You also cannot loot the oils out of order.

Sanois

Tinmyn's Oil Can
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: CHARM
AC: 30
STR: +20 DEX: +18 STA: +20 CHA: -5 WIS: +15 INT: +15 AGI: +18 HP: +455 MANA: +455 ENDUR: +455
SV FIRE: -10 SV DISEASE: +30 SV COLD: +30 SV MAGIC: +30 SV POISON: +30
Shielding: +2% Avoidance: +5 Stun Resist: +2% Attack: +15 Regeneration: +5
Required level of 80.
WT: 1.5 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7

Sikkem

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

jitathab

The adds dont summon either, a bard can solo the lot though the big guy has a guessed million hp.

Smookems

Got this charm last weekend. Easily done in a couple hours =) 243 plat for max stats

Nusa

It's not a secret, it's just pretty well documented already: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4357

I stopped using it a couple days after I got it many months ago. Always having to fix your cash balance was just too annoying to me.

Orbus1

Quoteseems like the current beastlord code, is to NOT share anything with ANYONE unless they are in the same guild you are in.. but anyway...

You mean on your server? I have never seen a post here not get answered with all kinds of detail and information.

Tiroon

Just a word of caution: If you plan on using mercenaries then don't go out of your way to get this charm. If mercenaries are implemented as outlined at the Fan Faire, they will draw upkeep from the money carried. I assume this is the reason why coins are weightless now.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.