Main Menu

SoF Spells

Started by Sikkem, November 21, 2007, 09:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denti

We do guild parses quite often and last Solteris Orc my new howl at the moon rk2 parsed for around 250dps compared to the usual 145 bark at the moon rk2 does. It was kinda easy to compare since i was the only one with hatm, the other beastlords in guild had only batm rk2.

There is of course a big variance in those numbers depending on group setup. For example i had a zerker and a shaman in my group, but not a bard which can increase swarm pet dps by quite a bit with the proc song they sometimes use.

Oh, and our new pet parsed around 500 dps, however i disced so that figure is of course higher than non-disced gameplay.

I have one odd parse with bark at the moon though where it parsed over 700 dps on veldyn the shade, however i was extremely lucky that parse with nearly all casts being proc casts with 4 pets.

Pindol

QuoteHi, conspiracy theory.

Eyeballing things usually means nothing.  Humlaine so far found about a 50dps increase in preliminary parsing.  Take that as truth, or bring your own parses.

Parse it with the anguish focus or less then we can talk Mr. Big Shot

So far the parses coming from the top raiders using Dreadspire or better focus. Your sarcasm is not helping here. Swarp pet hits for less with min, max and crits and it's a legitimate question about its dps overall. Maybe its the focus problem or the accuracy makes up for the lower hits, but since the class rep and Mr. Big Kahuna are so sure I am mistaken without taking few things under consideration then let it be.......personally I don't care. I have noticed something and posted my observation for discussion ...not for sarcasm.

Take care all

Sikkem

Quote from: Pindol on December 05, 2007, 08:22:54 PM
QuoteMax hit is worthless as a rubric - you need to parse the actual damage that it's doing.

Maybe parsing will prove more accuracy on new pet or maybe not. But why would devs make new pets hit for less? The only explanation would be to make swarm pet upgrade very minimal to keep us muted on the subject and to make sure all other classes are happy at the same time. I don't know what the real dps of the new pet is, but to me it makes no difference in the fight and from observation of the hits, it looks like they hit for less dps. I compare rk.2s spells with Anguish focus.

I am sure it was the mages board where I read this. I think it was their CC posted who with regard to this same question that whilst hits where for less they hit more often and this dps was higher.

TBS beta I parsed BatM and its accuracy was in hte low 60's from memory, I actually think the previous spell had higher accuracy than it.

As to why the devs would do that is anyone's guess especially considering it is a spell but my assumption would be because that was they did with npc's, hit for less but hit more often.

Sikkem - 90 Beastlord - Bertox

Oiingo

Our pets often follow general NPC rules, so that's quite possible.
Predator Oiingo Boiingo (80 beasty) of <Triality> on Maelin Starpyre

Kanan

One thing I'd always found interesting is the the BE pet seemed to gain agro more than the BatM pet (yes, I stilll don't even have that one yet ;p).  My thought, just now, was that it was probably related to BE being lower level (since a mino in loping has landed a finishing blow on it).  Thoughts there?

Where I'd seen the agro comparison was on the DK enforcers.  Not tried elsewhere.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Khauruk

Quote from: Pindol on December 06, 2007, 09:19:17 AM
So far the parses coming from the top raiders using Dreadspire or better focus. Your sarcasm is not helping here. Swarp pet hits for less with min, max and crits and it's a legitimate question about its dps overall. Maybe its the focus problem or the accuracy makes up for the lower hits, but since the class rep and Mr. Big Kahuna are so sure I am mistaken without taking few things under consideration then let it be.......personally I don't care. I have noticed something and posted my observation for discussion ...not for sarcasm.

You are the one who thinks there's a problem, and brings nothing to the table to prove that there is, and then wants us to do the work to prove it for you?  Parsing is easy - hit /log on for a night.  Halfway through, switch to the older spell.  Download GamParse (link on these boards), and see what dps the spells were doing.
QuoteParse it with the anguish focus or less then we can talk Mr. Big Shot

I might if I could (well, probably not), but I can't.  I neither have Servant of Chaos focus, nor am I level 80.  For that matter, I don't have BatM pet (never finished up pirate faction once I came back into game).  I'm probably going to milk at least a couple hundred AAs out of RSS before I let those mobs go light blue, so it'll be a while.

QuoteI don't know what the real dps of the new pet is, but to me it makes no difference in the fight and from observation of the hits, it looks like they hit for less dps.

Or, if it makes no difference what the actual dps is, why bother?
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

pertaining to swarm pets, ours are fine, and doing the correct DPS atm, as for other spells the general rule for this expansion is rk 1 is equal to RK3's of TBS and TSS

nedoirah

Quote from: Humlaine on December 08, 2007, 12:38:57 AM
pertaining to swarm pets, ours are fine, and doing the correct DPS atm, as for other spells the general rule for this expansion is rk 1 is equal to RK3's of TBS and TSS

I noticed this about the rkI spells from this expansion and the rkIII from the 2 previous expansions. I kind of wondered why since the rkIII, if I remember correctly were raids spells, would be outdated so very quickly. I.E. 1 expansion later.

For example: Ancient Savage Ice (lvl 70 anguish raid level spell) was not upgraded until we hit lvl 74 with the TSS expansion and gained Spiked Sleet a non-raid buyable from a vendor spell, 4 expansions later.

Another thing I've noticed is that the spells from TSS and TBS were both upgraded in this single expansion. This made me question since I have not finished exploring the TBS expansion yet (I haven't gotten enough faction for ally) Why would I continue playing TBS if I can get the same or better rewards in SoF which was released only a few months later?

For example: Bark at the Moon rkI or rkII (neither of which I have) is outdated by a droppable Howl at the Moon rkI (I do have) (dropped by A Steamsuit or An Enhanced Steamuit in The Steam Factory) a single expansion later.

I'm not complaining about being able to ~upgrade~ easier than before but just questioning why.

Khauruk

Not all of the TBS spells (or for that matter, DoD even) have been upgraded since their inception.  Druids have a couple which haven't, (and for one, which "never" will) be upgraded.

Ice nukes:  Upgraded at lvl65 expansion, lvl70 expansion, lvl75 expansion, lvl80 expansion.  Same story as before, but we'll be getting those bread and butter upgrades each expansion now, since they're all level increasing expansions.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Humlaine

The reason for the overlap is to narrow the gap from groupers to raiders, it has always been a fine line between where the raiders should be over the groupers, I myself like the rewards from raiding, while others like grouping more then raiding, both are equally fine, and I am glad they finally narrowed the spell gap this expansion, as to previous ones I thought the gap was a bit too much in the spell department.