Main Menu

Spell: Bestial Empathy

Started by fuhrburglur, November 24, 2007, 12:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fuhrburglur

Not sure where i should have put this question as it purtains to a spell. What i want to know is. Can you cast this spell when you already have a pet out and it be a second pet? Or do you have to dismiss your pet before you can bring this one out.

Nusa

Bestial Empathy and the later spells in the line create a 2nd pet (and 3rd-5th pets in some cases) that attacks your current target. Line of sight is required. You can't command them and they vanish after 18 seconds, but they're good pets while they live, despite having no buffs. Your general pet AA's do improve them.

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Nusa on November 24, 2007, 01:21:10 AM
Bestial Empathy and the later spells in the line create a 2nd pet (and 3rd-5th pets in some cases) that attacks your current target. Line of sight is required. You can't command them and they vanish after 18 seconds, but they're good pets while they live, despite having no buffs. Your general pet AA's do improve them.

Pet affinity does not work on these pets.  They don't want shaman/bards to add procs to swarm pets, primarily because of mage/shaman swarm pets and the insane dps that would pop up
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Denti

I have some logs showing the swarm pet proccing the bard proc song thingy. It is quite a lot of spam, especially if it hits a 4-proc.

Kanan

Pet affinity very much does affect them.

As do your regular pet aas.

The dps output from them is EXTREMELY higher when with a bard, since they get overhaste and all the other goodies.

Coding it so that it would ignore them would probably be harder than existing coding.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Pakratz

In the parses I looked at I saw my warder proccing bard song thing many many times, but never saw werewolf proccing at all.  Ditto with panther proc.  Can anyone think of a reason why bard proc would show up for warder and not werewolf? 

I'd like to parse werewolf with and without bard, preferably without myself attacking so the parser doesnt get confused.  Use BE pet so it never 4-procs.

Edit: I went back and checked old Tris parses where I used BE pet.  There were 2 runs without a bard, averaging 3950 damage per BE cast; there were 3 runs with a bard, averaging 4783 damage per BE cast, representing a 21% increase over no-bard.  This is a small sample, a larger sample would be needed to confirm.