Main Menu

Dawnshroud - Fast, Braindead Easy Exp at 54

Started by Gharrik, November 26, 2007, 06:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gharrik

Dawnshroud Peaks is a hot zone right now, otherwise this wouldn't be worth much experience at all at 54.  But things being the way they are currently, I plowed through half of lvl 54 this morning and started working on some AAs at the Rockhopper cave in DSP.  Even if 1 in 3 hoppers is green, I'm getting Nurga-like exp with absolutely no risk.  The dog can solo these without breaking a sweat.  And to top it off, I looted a set of Silverwing Shoulderpads off a hopper today, which are 17AC 30hp/mana +5 nearly everything... and if I ever break down and get the TSS expansion I can turn them into 22AC shoulderpads.  There's no good reason not be be killing these if you're lvl 54.

Gharrik

Update:  I had 2 sets of shoulderpads drop today.  At 54, I can make an AA point in about an hour or as quickly as 20 minutes if I use vet reward healer and double exp. :)  I mowed my way down through the tunnels and killed everything.  Was pretty fun.  Reminds me alot of Paludal, both in experience rate and ease.

JillieMT

Thanks for the tip... I haven't been to Dawnshroud in years! Might be time to take my baby magician out that way!  :-)
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Gharrik

No problem, enjoy. :)  I went ahead and dinged 55 after I got a few AAs.  Hoping I can pull singles in The Deep now (I want the other Silverwing item), or else I'll go back to Sanctus for some cash.  Velks, by the way, is a little more difficult than hoppers but also very good experience.  Hotzones are amazing!

Phurrie

Yeah the exp is crazy there atm.

I took my baby zerker there at 34 and was getting up to 7-8% xp per kill. He's still getting 4-5% per kill on the wolves at lvl 41. I'll be here for a while.

Phurr

Tiroon

Quote from: Gharrik on November 26, 2007, 06:31:49 PM
... and if I ever break down and get the TSS expansion I can turn them into 22AC shoulderpads. 

Don't buy TSS expansion alone. The Anniversary Edition gives all expansions up to Burning Sea for 20$. For twice that you can get all expansions by buying Secrets of Faydwer.

No need to buy anything for the upgrade though. The quest NPC will be moved from CR to PoK soon (not soonTM but soon as in ASAP). With the quest giver in CR the folks over on the progression server can't get to it either, which wasn't intended.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Gharrik

^ Ah, good to know.  I figured it was intentional.  Have really nice stuff drop in low level zones and then offer to make it even nicer (some with mana regen even) but you have to buy the new expansion first.  Sounds like effective marketing.  It'll be nice if they move the quest guy though, because I'm not buying any more expansions till I hit 65 and finish up all the lower level AAs I want.