Main Menu

Spirit Question

Started by Zbais, November 29, 2007, 05:51:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zbais

I went to check the status of the spirits and pop a couple of them for me epic.

Well I checked 5 of the 6 spirits and did not find a single one up.

Two days ago when I did the Copper Medal part only 1 of the camps had been beaten.

I checked the locations first with actually going to the location with beasty.  When no luck there the following day I took my bard (aa for expanded tracking) and again did not find a single one of them up.

I read the respawn time on each of those spirits are 24 - 72 hours so I would have thought at least one would have respawned by alas none.

Is it correct that the various spirits are trackable once in zone and within tracking distance?

Or is it the handin to the scout that produces the spirit?  From the writeup it appears that they are static spawns but who knows ?

Thanks

Zbais
65 Beastlord

Shieara

You have to hand in to the scout first if I remember right.  It's been awhile though.

JillieMT

You give your token thingie to the scout to spawn the spirit. Kill the spirit, loot the totem, and you give that to the scout, and he gives you the final wrapped totem for that spirit.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Zbais

Ok great thanks.  Figures..

Guess I will be a busy beasty this weekend.

Gonna try and duo it with a 75 demiplane cleric.  From the writeup's sounds like it is doable with the cleric.  Beast is lvl 65 almost 66 with the most recent pet and pretty much all spells except that last pet buff.  Using storm cause I refuse to spend 10k for the snow one or quest it.

Thanks again and hopefully will be past the spirits by Monday.

Zbais

JillieMT

DEFINITELY doable with a 75 cleric!

I solo'd my entire epic... I think beginning when I was 68 and finally going back to finish at level 70. Good bazaar/DoN gear, self-buffed, around 80AA's focused around defense and stuff to supplement my lifetap procs.
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Tiroon

Apart from the mistake of looking for spirits rather than scouts there is another thing that can cause a wait. Especially now after an expansion release servers sometime crash while you're away. Before checking on scouts check if the server has been running for at least 24 hours. Use the "/Uptime" command in-game to find out.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Nusa

My personal experience, admittedly from many years ago, was that the scouts were on a rather precise 36 hour cycle from last use and/or server-up. At the time, there was so much competition for the scouts that some people were actually putting out dis-information about the spawn cycle to make it easier for themselves....and it's still floating around. Of course, it's also possible things have been changed since I knew for sure.

ammen

I just started the Quest and I am certain it is bugged.  While searching for the Scouts I found Scout Vyrak at his designate point in the Emerald Jungle.  I handed him The Seal and he went through the dialog about the spirit and to return it to him so he can wrap it so we can put it in the case.  Well the Spirit never spawned after turn in, I waited for over 15 minutes and nothing.  When I returned to Dumas for a new Seal he ignored me.  I have petioned and put in bug report but no word for SoE.  This fiasco occured about 4 days ago.

Inphared

I did this just yesterday for an alternate of a friend, and the gorilla spawned just fine.

I think you may have missed him =/

Maylian

Be aware that the gorilla spawns a fair distance away from the scout in the ruins if you were expecting him to spawn near to the scout which may be why you couldn't see him. I did this for a friend a month or two ago and it was working fine, hope you get your stuff back though.

bladethecat

YOu will never find a spirit up.  Spirts are triggered when you hand seal to the scout-- so you need to find the scouts up (which seems to be impossible on mayong since everyone thd there tiger is doing 1.0)

Nusa

Heh...you're responding to a year-old thread. But ya, Mayong would have competition for now. The scouts are a huge bottleneck when many are trying to do them! On any other live server, odds are pretty fair you'll find it up.