Main Menu

why?

Started by thundercats, December 13, 2007, 07:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercats

Why is it that SOE hates the bl class so much? i ama level 80 bl with a pet that is 76 and have friends witha mage at 70 whos pet hits for the same damage .ARE we  not the master of the pet class? ARE parchment spell has a base 10 minss at level 80 this is a joke . How about  all the hours of faction you put into katta to geta bp that is fire based  lol sso i get the sof drop bp with the same focus  fire based come on now.the nerfs on the pvp end of beastlorads is a joke if your a beastlord stay out of the arne it will only upset you worse Would love to see programer that does bl come and explain this to us

Spiritclaw

Quote from: thundercats on December 13, 2007, 07:48:25 PM
Why is it that SOE hates the bl class so much? i ama level 80 bl with a pet that is 76 and have friends witha mage at 70 whos pet hits for the same damage .ARE we  not the master of the pet class? ARE parchment spell has a base 10 minss at level 80 this is a joke . How about  all the hours of faction you put into katta to geta bp that is fire based  lol sso i get the sof drop bp with the same focus  fire based come on now.the nerfs on the pvp end of beastlorads is a joke if your a beastlord stay out of the arne it will only upset you worse Would love to see programer that does bl come and explain this to us

TBS breastplate has healing focus, Scratched Hide has no focus.  As far as pets go, mages have always had better pets.  I like the increase we get, and i know my pet is doing just fine by me.  I wouldn't complain about any increases, but he is in better shape than in the past
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Khauruk

Quote from: thundercats on December 13, 2007, 07:48:25 PMWould love to see programer that does bl come and explain this to us

Devs don't read this board that we know of so post on EQLive forums.  And there's no way in hell a dev will respond to a post that makes as little sense as yours does.  Dropping the combative attitude, and presenting real facts would certainly help too.

There also is no one developer who works on any specific class....it just doesn't work that way.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Chasom

Quotepvp end of beastlorads is a joke
Everquest was not designed for PvP and doesn't do PvP well.

QuoteARE we  not the master of the pet class?
Not really.  Mages have always claimed that title.

QuoteWhy is it that SOE hates the bl class so much?
Beastlords have gotten quite a few improvements in the last few expansions.  DPS has gone up tremendously, pets just got some much needed tweaks, SoF AAs are particularly good.

My only major complaint is the short duration of the group haste recourse.  Since SoF came out, it seems like bsts have been getting tapped as the slower for groups with greater frequency which generally means dealing haste also.  The recourse is certainly better than casting individual buffs, but gawd that duration sucks.

maxawesome

i will respwnd n teh same broken sentances so u can understand it we .ARE not teh master of the pet class that is mages always has been always will be thats ther role but we .ARE a utiulety class with spells to suit so we didtn get teh best focus in sof big deal we are ok better off now since sof cause of improvements and there rite no devs read this board cuz devs like stupid things like punctutiaion and rants taht make snese

Inphared

Quote from: maxawesome on December 13, 2007, 11:41:23 PM
i will respwnd n teh same broken sentances so u can understand it we .ARE not teh master of the pet class that is mages always has been always will be thats ther role but we .ARE a utiulety class with spells to suit so we didtn get teh best focus in sof big deal we are ok better off now since sof cause of improvements and there rite no devs read this board cuz devs like stupid things like punctutiaion and rants taht make snese

*Golfclap*

maxawesome

*curtsy* Almost gave myself a migraine writing in that fashion...

Humlaine

Quote from: thundercats on December 13, 2007, 07:48:25 PM
Would love to see programmer that does bl come and explain this to us
Either way you put this rant, its nothing then a misguided rant at best, there is no one singular dev on any one class, all share responsibilities and certain duties.  Nodyin for instance is the AA dev currently, as parthun is the spell dev, they deal with all of everquest, including content.

laissez

Bst are the best pvp class in the game atm, if you know what to use and how to use it.  There is only 1 class with a reasonable track record of beating bst.  Anyone care to guess?
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Inphared

Paladin, Monk, Berserker, in that order.

laissez

Berserker is correct, i can beat monks and pal better geared and aa'd than my self every time with having over 60mana left.  Zerker's can out dps my healing, which makes it extremely hard to kill them. Well if there on your gear and aa level.  Infact monks dont even come close i actually ran my box clr out of mana healing a better geared monk during a dual.
Elder   Laissez Fairez

Inphared

I'm not sure what kind of Paladins you duel, but it is infinitely harder to kill a Monk or Paladin compared to a Berserker. You can outrun the berserker during his disciplines and somewhat try and save yourself, but they can snare and stun you and that makes it very difficult.

Monks are infuriating because of their epic and mend. They can basically heal 60% of their hitpoints every three minutes while dancing around and knocking you around to interrupt your spells. They also have very decent DPS for a PVP setting so that makes them more difficult than a Berserker.

Paladins are the most infuriating to a Beastlord because our hits just don't par up to their AC, mitigation, and Ward of Tunare procs. You can do damage, but they can turn right around and heal it, while still slashing you or your pet for 1500 a hit.

laissez

Pal dps is extremely weak and doesn't even come close to the healing we can put out.  Monks- make them burn mend and epic, then burn.  Sure ive been beaten by monks but only TR monks.  You know how well there geared, and its only cause they can out dps my healing.
Elder   Laissez Fairez

Inphared

Paladin DPS isn't famous, but healing is. The simple fact that a Beastlord cannot outheal a Paladin for any length of time makes them win.

Go duel Drayron and tell me how well you do.

laissez

I have a feeling he's not even close to being on par with my gear.  Being as hes a full 3 tiers ahead of me, i dunno but hes out there..  There is no doubt that a pal has worlds of better healing than a bst, but healing isn't the only deciding factor in dueling.  But basically pal dps+healing<bst dps+healing.
Elder   Laissez Fairez