Main Menu

My 3 box team

Started by Aumtuok, December 17, 2007, 03:44:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aumtuok

Well I finally decided to add a third to my duo and I figured I would post my experience.  I have a 70 bst and a 60 clr and have a blast playing the two of them, but I dont kill as fast as I want to.  So I decide to create a mage, for pet, pet toys, pet aura and some nukage.  The mage is currently 48 with mesa quest gear.

A quick run through the tutorail took the mage to lvl 8, then it was off to PC for a run to 21.  Spent some time in Mistmoore and came out at 30.  This is where my lvling slow down started, the current set of hot zones are really out of wack for there intended ranges.  Permafrost was all light blue, Trak was all red, and the only thing not light blue or green in DSP was the rockhoppers.  I found a nice camp spot in Trak and plowed through to 43 and then went to velks.  Velks was nice and yellow or white con. Stayed at Velks till 46.

Once 46 I took the trio out to mesa to gear the mage up.  All three characters grouped, the mage got 2 lvls by the time I had all the drops for her quested gear.  The plan now is to get the mage up to 60 and start AAing her.  With 3 toons and two of them being undergeared I am going to run DoN missions to get crystals to gear them out with the lvl 70 gear.

Well that is the current plan anyway,  I will update this as I progress the toons.
Aumtuok 70 Beastlord on Bristlebane

jabby

nice

mage really brings alot to that duo. I went with a wizard as my third, but missed the DS, extra pet, malo, toys, etc. Felt as if every mob i was just using my beastie and cleric and speedbumps waiting for the wizzie big booms to kill it.

im currently PLing up a ranger and chanter, and at 34 in DSP seeing same lvl problem you were, gonna go to CoM i think.

Thorgador

One of the best places to level your alt really fast (and get some tribute items) is Luclin, specially Griegs End, pull a bunch of mobs, have DS allways up on your beastie and plow thru. It used to be crowded but nowadays I don't think it's anymore. You will probably take them to lvl 6o faster there than in DoNs, and you can go to DoNs for aaing once they are at 60  :wink:.

jabby

also if you have three that all have buried sea expansion, you can talk to the fellowship guy in PoK and make a fellowship using the grandmaster skinspike campfire - it adds +40 DS that stacks with everything

Aumtuok

Ok figure it is time for a quick update.  The christmas bonus exp was really good for the team.  I could have grinded much harder but the last few days I was burned out and just messed around with different stuff.  That said

Bst lvl 70  250ish aa
Clr lvl 67   50ish aa
Mage lvl66 20ish aa

The bst is now at 10.6k hp with just buffs from the group.  Starting farming DoN crystals, Diseased Pumas is 34 crystals and takes me about an hour to complete.  Just unlocked creator and havnt tried that mission to see how fast I can complete it in.  The biggest issue i am having is getting the 60-70 spells for the clr and mage.  I need to find somebody with high research to try and make them for me.

Overall I am really happy with the team and am looking forward to gearing them up and exploring some of the zones I havnt been to yet.
Aumtuok 70 Beastlord on Bristlebane

Helspawn

I'd 3 box in wos and get 3 others to join and roll on runes.  You'll have much better luck than trying to get the spells made.  Oh and I wouldn't mention your boxing for max drops...lol.