Main Menu

Website is very slow when logged in

Started by Otuol, December 21, 2007, 01:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otuol

Lately, I am having an issue viewing the website when I am logged into my account.  When I view the boards it runs very, very slowly loading pages.  I tried it over at a friend's house and the same thing is happening on his computer.  When I log out it doesn't happen like that.  Apparently it's a website issue.  Can one of the board mod's look into this?  Thanks.

Inphared

Same thing happens here. Glad to know it's not just me.

**EDIT**

I just navigated off of using the Helios board layout and everything loads very quickly now. Maybe it's something with that particular interface the mods can look into?

Humlaine

it has to do with traffic flow more then anything I would assume.

JillieMT

I am not sure about that... I have never had any problems at all.

Now that I think about it though... what browser and plug ins is everyone using? I use Firefox, with AdBlock Plus. Perhaps there is an ad here that is messing with some people?
Lady Jillianna Silversoul and Cody
71.181 Halasian Feral Lady - Morell-Thule... erm, Erollisi Marr
Faveo Sulum Ipsemet Ascio

Inphared

It's most definitely the Helios interface. I'm using the default one now and have zero problems, but when I switch to Helios my pages take up to 2 minutes to load.

Firefox with AdBlock Plus here.

Otuol

Firefox with script blocking, adblock...but it happens with IE too though

JillieMT

Quote from: Inphared on December 21, 2007, 05:14:39 PM
It's most definitely the Helios interface. I'm using the default one now and have zero problems, but when I switch to Helios my pages take up to 2 minutes to load.

Firefox with AdBlock Plus here.

OK, that is good to know about the Helios. I use the default style. I suppose we can give another shout to Jaeren and hopefully he can fix it or disable it. Who knows though, he's moved on for the most part.

Give that a shot Otuol, and see if that improves anything for ya.

Otuol

Well, as I came over to see if there was an update to the thread, it all seems to be working great now.  I totally forgot to mention originally that I use the Helios_Multi.  Anyhow, everything seems to be back to normal now.  Thanks for whatever you did in the background there Jillie  :lol:

JillieMT

LOL... well Inphared did the troubleshooting on this one.

Glad to see its worked out for ya'll though!

Otuol