Main Menu

Mnk+bst+?

Started by Iksanbon, January 15, 2008, 07:15:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iksanbon

I play a beastlord and shaman, both lvl 65 atm and my good friend plays a 65 monk.  We were liking the shm monk combo but wanted to add some more dps.  I told him I would go back to playing my bst if he boxed a healer.  He has a cleric and druid both around lvl 50 and we are wondering what would be better to add.
1. Monk+Bst+cleric
2. Monk+bst+druid

I know alot of bsts box the druid and make a darn good combo, but since I am just playing my bst solo and hes the one boxing what would you suggest to top off our trio? 
Heres what i got so far:
Cleric- better heals/efficiency, biggest hp buffs, rez, easy to box just tab over cast ch or promised renewal whatever
Druid- decent heals, atk debuffs to add with bst slow, DS, ports, snare, root, nukes, etc

Toss out your opinions :)

Khauruk

Druid will give you more utility, cleric will give you amazingly superior healing.  That's really what it comes down to.  You'll need to work AAs earlier/heavier if you use druid as well.

Man, do I ever wish I had a cleric for grinding - but, the druid is so amazingly handy for pulling (not that you need a puller), porting, group timed invis, exodus (get out of jail free), etc, etc,.....  Wish I could 3 box on this comp/connection.

Question - would he need to split the cleric or druid off of his account?  I'm assuming they're on teh same account.  If so, why not just move the shaman off of your account - would probably be the fastest/possibly best of the three priests.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

rhaug

had a bst druid combo
but going now bst cleric
since the cleric heals are much more needed in sof

the druid heals fall kind of short against hard hitters
and rezz is always nice to have

the druid bst combo i would choose if you do easy mobs
then the dps and utility is nice

otherwise when you tank a real strong named druid heals kind of suck

sicshift

With a 3 man team, I don't see clr over dru making up the necessary ground when you talkin about those heavy hitters and staying efficient. I have both clr and dru and I use dru. Hell him boxing a shaman is also a thought...yoi want more dps where I see you just adding mostly more heal with the clr option.

Zebrn Beasword

Right now I go Beast, Druid, Cleric... I like it but also leveling up a bard to push the dps of the druid and beastlord higher, and he can pull pretty well so I don't have to harm pull with druid.  I tried leveling up a monk, but I really just don't like it all that much.
Zebrn <Undivided Faith> - Drinal

jabby

i love my druid, but cleric heals > all

Maylian

I mainly box with my 80 cleric and love it, I love that can paci pull most places if needed. The extra healing is excellent as well as the hp buffs and rez's. I also have a 68 druid which I'm levelling up when possible for some extra utility and I'll see what he's like as a healing partner but atm I see him more as a port / buff bot unless they can keep up with the dmg.

Personally I enjoy farming nameds and when boxing I rarely have the concentration on the box to use the utility for crowd control a druid would have and normally opt to tank any adds I have. It depends on playstyle, with a cleric it is very easy to almost completely forget about them and only hit the occassional heal key to do the job. If you're doing easy mobs quickly you'll probably find the druid better, where as harder hitting nameds and trash clerics are invaluable.

Blarp

i RUn Beast Cleric, i think its a Must

My self and  4/7 of the other Top Bst on my server all Run a Boxed Cleric with us.

last night in Crystallos  3 Beastlords 1 wiz  1 war my Boxed cleric in group the othere2 outside NONE STOP pulls for aboult 2 hours B4 we took a brake oh ya  got a few loots for everyone was a good night

But i can Duo Beza FM  LP  HoS just FIne in SoF with my Combo , granted my Box is Closing in on 900 aa's now and over 15k mana.

Bst/Clr  Love it

nedoirah

I box a bst/cleric combo. I love it. Despite my cleric not having aa, she is still enough for me to stay alive in most zones I box in. I plan to add a ranger to the mix as a trio but that's a ways off.

Petts

I box a 80 bst, 80 druid and a currently 70 monk.
Hard to give up the utility of the druid and i dont take on real tough mobs, but my
druid has a 11k heal (crit) plenty for most encounters.

I love the fixed invis and the ports plus DS and regen of the druid.

laissez

I box a bst/clr combo, and i can 2 box upto SHIP and steam factory.  I know for a fact that a druid wouldn't have a chance keeping me up in those zones.  But again my clr can't port or really help your dps much, and the only get out of jail free card is touch of the divine. 

Personally i wouldn't trade my clr for a druid just b/c of there superior healing.  Since i don't 2 box all the time a clr in the pocket is handy for any group.  Plus with a clr and bst all buffs are covered.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

rhaug

got a bst druid wiz combo before

and now i can choose  bst necro clr or bst druid clr

the cleric heals are really much better if i tank a 3 4k hitter
with druid clr i can stay alive on tough nameds or hard trash

i think bst cllr rocks if you try tougher content
there are mobs where the druid heals just arent enough
then a promised heal a heal over time and clr aa and fast heals are nice
and the rezzes are nice to have

the bst druid wiz is easy for farming xp
the bst druid clr is nice for real tough hitters and its ok dps just a bit less with druid nukes dots
the bst necro clr is nice for pulling and also healing and the dps is stiill ok

if i did not have a bst i would try mnk shm clr or something with fd and pulling and slows and heals and bit dps

enjoy

Petts

i love my beast, druid and monk combo.

i go to ashengate with no problems and even HoS with the beast tanking.
with the druid critting on her heals she can do 10.5k a heal and dot and snare.

i do not go after 3-4k hitting named and i mostly just grind aa's and faction with this trio.

wildwaters

I'd go with cleric for the monk - he'll want the heals with out slows when boxing alone. I've seen some great monk cleric combos and if you switched back to bst for dps there is no point stinting yourself on heals unless you just want to blow through lb/db mobs and a few reasonable names. Im assuming your gear is group level. Monks get pretty good ac returns so he'll make a pretty decent tank im betting.

Jonaze

Beastlord/Cleric is the way to go.  With Hobble I find its a good enough snare for runners.  Pacify pulling and great healing.  Not to mention if you are boxing in a group you need a cleric.  and with FPoS and PoS cleric is never lom.

Druid does have better CC but its difficult to CC and heal.  I find it easyer to multitank stuf with superior heals.

My fav 3 box combo is probbaly necro bst cleric.  i somtimes swap the nec for a mage CoH pulling and ease of CoHing and not having to run 3 toons is nice too.