Main Menu

Why?

Started by Wreckage, January 16, 2008, 12:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wreckage

Why did they add us to to this change?

- The Magician's Raging Servant line and the Beastlord's Bestial Empathy line now assign a point of damage to their target to break mesmerization effects and / or trigger Gift of Mana.

I do not know of any BST that has asked for this and with our CC stepping down we are now in limbo again. Anyone know why this change was made?

Shamno

Mages were upset that their pet didn't proc gift of mana. This change will allow that, though I thought they added another component that allows them too do that already.

I tis a blanket fix deal I am assuming. It is actually a minor thing for us, since if your casting a swarm pet on a mezzed mob you before you were sort of wasting it. Now you can just brake the mob early and kill an enchanter, all in all the same caution is taken in either case. So same as before you don't cast the pet on a mezzed mob.

Denti

In hectic raid environments with tons of off tanked and mezzed mobs as we see currently in some new zones this spell is now of much less use than before since breaking a mez there can mean a wipe very easily. Before i just got no pet which was of course a waste of mana but still safer than breaking mez.

Im quite unhappy about this change to be honest.

Rabekiz

As long as you continue to assist the MA there is exactly zero impact from this change.

sicshift

Yeah I'd be inquiring to get GoM much more than complaining of breaking mez. I would love me some GoM

Denti

Well, assisting MA doesn't allways help. Since MAs can change their target quite fast, especially if you have around 50 mobs in a normal room which is of course a common occurence if you raid MMM. Up til now we were safe casting this spell which made it my preferred spell in a situation like this, now we wont be safe anymore.

Vidyne

/nod :(

Horrible change.  Chanters everywhere get to die more often now :)
And if the mob is remezzed 1sec after you cast the swarm pet, it's still wasted mana.  I don't see how this helped mezzing/wasted mana at all.  It seems it was only implemented for the Gift of Mana... which we don't get.

Oh well.

Denti

Yup, its purely aimed at magicians with absolutely no use for us.

If we would get Gift of Mana to balance the nerf it would be worth it. That way we just have to suck it up once more for our magician brethren... Oh well, they allways get the good stuff and we get the shaft .)

Shamno

Well the change is only when you first cast it. Means we have to hold off till we know the mob isn't mezzed, something that was too do in the first place so you won't have to waste it. Course mages think differently on this manor....sighting a lost of potential DPS /boggle.

Course I wonder if they are going to rebalance the swarm pet by removing the 1 point heal that was put on it too do the exact same thing? Cause the swarm pet they have already had a way to proc GoM and now has even more chances too do so.

Rabekiz

2 full nights of raiding with lots of mezzed mobs, 3 Beastlords, and 3 mages ... not a single mez break. The cry over enchanters dying a hundred-fold more are greatly exagerated. This change has almost zero impact to anyone that plays their class intelligently.