Main Menu

And we begin again...

Started by Inphared, January 20, 2008, 05:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritclaw

Quote from: Inphared on February 14, 2008, 11:42:23 PM
Link

Quote from: ZatoziaGreetings,

At the beginning of the year, I mentioned that changes would be happening with the correspondent program. The changes are close on the horizon.

The existing correspondent program and the current community leader group (from previous summits) will be phased out.  Instead, I will be implementing a new EQ Community Leader Group. The new group will include some of the individuals from the previous groups but not everyone.  Others who may not belong to either group will also be invited to join it. We will eventually end up with multiple representatives for each class/area. This group will continue to grow as needed.

The EQ Community Leader group has similarities of its predecessors but will take the community/development communication process up to new levels.  With this new group, individuals selected to take part will represent the community while communicating to the EQ Development and Community teams.  They will not only represent a class but they will be able to offer feedback on other classes as well and other topics.  In turn, we will be able to share ideas and changes planned for the future before the reach the "larger scale", "in process" stage or "announced" stages.

In addition, the EQ Community Leaders will collect feedback from the various areas of the forums in additional to external sites and share that feedback with us. So, expect to see new faces asking you for your feedback soon!

As we form this program, I will be continuously monitoring it to make adjustments as needed.

Thank you!

Sounds like a good step in the right direct
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Merescata

.. "offer feedback on other classes" ...   I can this going nowhere fast.    /sigh
Merescata
75 Vah Shir BST
Tribunal
Clan McEye

Kanan

yeah.. that part.. gonna be bad.  Much of the discussion in these places is going to degenerate into "you shouldn't have this because you might possibly end up being better than me" flame fests =/
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Inphared

It's by invitation only that you get into this "group", so chances are they're not going to pick someone that's a retard and a half. I don't see too many problems because once you're in I would assume you can just as easily find your way out.

Spiritclaw

I would hope that they will be getting people who are looking at the overall picture rather than just class retards.  I have no problem with other classes advancing in ways that would be better than beasts, but by the same token I would hope other class reps would be of the same mindset that beast should get something that may be better than their own.  We work better as each class improves.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Inphared

Quote from: ZatoziaHey there,

People selected to join the EQ Community Leader group will be selected from SOE employees and reviewed internally.  In the initial stage, we may not be brining over all of the current correspondents and people already considered community leaders.   This new program is starting from scratch.   We are only including people that have had a good relationship with the development and community team in the past.  Eventually, newer members will be added to the group.  We expect the group to grow to have several representatives from different areas of expertise.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Lydia Pope ~ Zatozia ~
Community Relations Manager
Sony Online Entertainment LLC
[email protected]
http://www.everquest.com
---------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Zatozia
Typo correction.  They are selected by SOE Employees not from SOE Employees.

Nevermind!

Kanan

that has a lil more promise.  We'll see I suppose.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar