Main Menu

Looking for a nice spot to 2 box

Started by Gunzak, January 20, 2008, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

I have a 75 Beastlord and a 72 Druid and would like to find a nice spot to box that isn't too difficult.  I have been mainly boxing HoH or doing Katta missions with a guildie that boxes a Warrior and Cleric.

So far I have tried
Riftseekers Sanctum - got a two pull and died
Katta Snakes - Have to use potions and druid has to spam heals to keep me from dieing
Halls of Honor - Zero risk and ok experience but very boring
69.1 Hard - Can be dangerous with spikes in mob dps but no deaths yet
Muramite Proving Grounds - Not too bad so far but a lot of the mobs are light blue to Gunzak
The Steppes - Not too dangerous but experience isn't great.
Griegs End - All mobs are green past gate but experience sucked

I was gonna try the undead camp in Direwind or try Icefall but if my Beastlord can't handle Katta he probably can't handle those either.  I swaped out his 90hp clickie for a ring with a 54ac clickie (Form of Defense II) but it didn't make any noticable difference.

Orbus

Learn to kite some....I was soloing Katta greenhouse doing a combination of kiting and melee at 75, with a druid it should be a cakewalk. Plus you get the added benefit of getting faction if you need it for your spells. Have to mak sure and keep your warder alive since pet snare is needed, although with a druid thats again moot point.

Try Dire...possibly Icefall or the one side of the pit in Valde.

Loping Plains with a druid should be possible, have to watch adds of course. Agian you get the added benefit there of doing quests for faction so you can get spells.

Khauruk

RSS statue camp has no 2pulls, and was the best xp I found until 77.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gunzak

Ok I'll try the RSS Statue camp assuming the see invis at the stairs is gone this time.  I changed my bracer for one with slightly less hp but 12 more AC so I am now 11353 HP and 2038 AC unbuffed.  A guildie of mine has ally Katta faction and I have the Orux so I will get the Praetorian Legs soon too.  I will try tanking the snakes again once my Druid hits 75.  I just thought they were way too hard my last attempt.

sicshift

Might try splitpaw. Most will be 12:33:06 PM blue to bst. Mobs up to lvl 70 so a lot of dk blue to dru. You should be able to plow through. I lived there with my dru for quite awhile.

Gunzak

Will Splitpaw be as good as HoH, hot zone, or just another place to go because HoH is boring as hell?  My Druid makes about 10% an hour reg there and my Beastlord will usually pick up about 1.5AA.  I can kill 16-18 mobs before repops so it's pretty quick kills and zero risk.

I went back to 69.1 Hard a few days ago and was a cake walk.  Even on a two pull my Beastlord never had any trouble as long as I kept them slowed.  It is pretty slow though.  Since I have no puller my Druid has to break spawns by zoning out.  I did get the 60hp aug and the shield from the chest as well as tradeskill drops so I should make about 30k from that run once it all sells.

I am suprised that the snakes hit as hard as they did since the level 73 mobs in the Hive are easy.  With 15k HP and around 2150 AC, fully buffed, I figured they would be easy too.  They must have real high attack or something.  I think I will wait till 78 with new defensive AAs, new pet and paragon before I try Katta again.

sicshift

well after looking at alla briefly, you should see more dk blues for your druid (looks like average of half as mob range is 64-70) and the occasional dk blue to the bst. i never really hunted in hoh. are you seeing any greens in there?  not sure how the diff will pan out given that hoh is hot zone. keep in mind that you get the dungeon xp bonus in splitpaw...

did they ever raise the xp for lt blues yet?

Gunzak

All the mobs are light blue except for the named which are occassionaly dark blue to my Beastlord.  Solo they are 8% AA for my Druid and near the same for my Beastlord.  Grouped my Beastlord gets about 3% AA per kill with 20% going to reg.  HoH is really nice experience.  It's even faster then boxing 69.1 Hard, level 73 mobs, because the kill rate is so much faster.  I have to go off times though otherwise there are 50+ in the zone.

It's just really boring is all.  I could stay here till 80 if I wanted but I can't see myself staying in only one zone.  I do occassionally do Katta missions with guildies but I haven't seen them in a week.  The one big benefit to Katta is I can get a bunch of upgrades for my Druid once hes 75.

I will check out RSS one more time from Khauruk's suggestion.  If the level 73 mobs in RSS are as easy as the level 73 mobs in 69.1 it will be a good spot.  I could probably handle 2 in RSS but my Druid wasn't ready and My Beastlord was killed before I could get a heal off :(

sicshift

Gunzak

My Druid has the level 69 Oaken Guard but I don't have Skin of the Reptile yet.  I don't have anyone who wants to do the 68 DoD progression to assist me in getting it.  If I did have it things would be quite different in where I could box.

sicshift

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

sicshift

IIRC thats for those killing greens or more than a certain number of mobs at a time or something to that effect. I have noticed zero change in normal play

Gunzak

RSS is about 3% reg per cycle.  Not bad experience.  I got lucky and got into a Katta mission tonight and made 26% reg so missions are definetely the way to go.  Thanks for showing me RSS though.  I will definetely head back there again.

rhaug

direwind griffins seem easy
and easy pulls also

think you can handle them