Main Menu

Looking for a nice spot to 2 box

Started by Gunzak, January 20, 2008, 07:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Seryk

I 2box occasionally in Direwind at the roots with my 71 druid (who only has about 60 AAs). Your equipment level and AAs look somewhat similar to mine so I don't think you would have too much of a problem doing them. You need to be on top of things with respsect to the healing from the druid but it's not bad for xp and a little danger makes it fun. ;)

Not sure how they compare to DW griffons as I haven't boxed there.

Gunzak

Ok I leveled from 75 to 76 and upgraded my shoulders, wrist and neck and added a lot more HP, AC and went from Cleave IV to Cleave VI so gonna try snakes again.  With nothing but Beastlord buffs, Druid buffs and clickies I now hit 14,441HP and 2217AC.  My attack is only a 1970 though so I gotta raise that some.  I still need to finish my defensive AAs too.

Any clue why Magelo is off?  I verified every slot and each item and aug is correct but Magelo is off about 30-40 on HP and about 40-50 on AC.

Inphared

If you're using Heroic items, Magelo still has to implement the correct formulas for heroic stats.

Gunzak

Katta Snakes are easier now but still very slow.  Takes about 50% of my Beasts and Druids mana per snake but it is another viable spot.  MPG, RSS or some of the other mentioned spots will be a lot better and safer.

nedoirah

You might be able to handle the regular mobs in dragonscale hills. I can tank the bugs at the big skeleton easily. Plus several named spawn near there.

Gunzak

Well my Beastlord is half way to 77 and my Druid is about 20% into 73.  I just noticed last night my Druid is missing 2 of his dots, the 68 and 69 ones, so I am gonna go farm the runes tonight.

A level 74 Necromancer friend of mine says he kites the snakes in Katta and they give him about 10% AA per kill and he gets 40% of an AA for the two tasks there.  He puts out about 4k per tick with his dots though and at best my Druid can only do about 1k but I think I will try and solo some there once I get my Druid his 2 missing dots.  My Druid is in desperate need of AAs.

The one big thing my buddy told me is he gets the Exquisite Spinneret and Exquisite Loam there on a semi common basis and those sell for around 250k each on my server.  I have never seen those drop yet but I would definetely put the plat to good use.

Groups are pretty hard to come by on my server so I have been sticking mainly to 69.1 Hard which is pretty easy for me to handle.  As long as I don't get more then 2 at a time my Beastlord can hold agro and tank them.  I get about 12-16% on a level each run on both characters so it isn't too bad.  The real nice thing is the mobs in 69.1 Hard have a lot les hp then the Katta snakes so I can kill a lot more mobs before I have to med.

Quick edit.  From reading the Druid board the level 69 spell is a waste of time since the newer immolation spell will overwrite it so I will just get the 68 version.

Also from reading the Druid board the attack debuffs, ive never used them, make a big difference in mob damage.  Combined they lower the mobs attack rating by 190 which can greatly reduce the damage taken depending upon the mobs attack rating and damage output.  I will make sure I pick up Hand of Ro and Sun's Corona and try them out tonight.