Main Menu

fastest killing 3 box

Started by jabby, January 24, 2008, 09:31:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabby

was just wondering, what is the fastest killing 3 box in normal exp group settings, say over the course of an hour or two you guys have played or watched being played?

It can be a problem getting the most DPS out of some 3 boxes, as they are very busy, and each toon requires so much to be efficient.

not only getting the most DPS on a raw basis, but pulling the next mob and killing it in a timely fashion.

Also, what is the fastest yall have done AA's in a three box setting over an extended length of time? last night was doing them at lvl 58 at about 30 min per.

So far the fastest for me have been:

1) Zerk, Shammy, Mage

2) bard, mage, mage (havent taken this up to high lvls tho)

3) Beastlord, Mage, Cleric

Khauruk

Zerker, Shammy/cleric, Wizard (mages at lower levels, and 75+ are very good though).  Weakness - pulling, tankability isn't great, dps is amazing though.

Monk, Shammy/cleric, wiz/mage - not as much dps, better tanking/pulling.  With raid gear, monk/cleric/wiz would be my favorite grind box setup I think.

Beastlord/cleric/wiz - not as great tankability, but very good combo, and it has my main in it.

Mage/sham or cleric/wizard - pet tank can work very nicely, and they hold agro decent enough for wiz to do some work.

Then there's kite groups.  Whole different ballgame, but I don't like them much.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gnore Alla

Ok, I am a level 75 Beastlord with a 70 Cleric.  I, at the moment, have a 3rd account and do not know what the 3rd box should be.  I have been debating between:
Magician- Very good DPS with pets, Dots, and also will help with travel far, can just coth.
Shaman- Good Buffs, slows, another pet, will also use talisman of panther/puma.
Bard- Usefull with anything.  Can run fast, songs help out a lot throughout lands.
Or Possible a tank class- War/Sk/Pally, have them tank a lot of damage, will be easier on beast. 
Was just curious which one would suit me the best.
Thanks.
  http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1374542

Khauruk

Tank - I'd go with SK for sure, since you get pulling + tanking (though dps lacks).  This would probably get you the farthest if you're talking about being self-sufficient/gearing/factioning up.  You'll need to spend a lot of time on the tank though...get lots of AAs before 65 imo, and focus on AC as much as you reasonably can.

Puller - if that's all you want, I'd go w/ monk.  Easy dps, painless pulls.

DPS - Wizard or mage.  I'd do wiz since I love ports...getting people to the zone is much more time consuming than getting them around in the zone.  Evac's nice too.  Some like necro, but I'm meh on that.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

bobokatt1970

I have always loved 2 boxing my necro and bst.. bst tanks and necro DPS to all hell (and split pulls) or necro kites (non summoning mobs) and bst assists with pet and Howl etc.  Best combo and has worked for me since day one.  Made most of my combined 5000aa this way.  Very little effort from the other toon. If I had to add a 3rd (I can't imagine I would) but it would be yet another pet class which would be a Mage.  Again strictly going on the basis that these 3 classes can be boxed "easily" without having to worry about moving pcs around.. hitting special aa/discs.. making sure you are standing behind the mob and not missing the mob.  Having to deal with melee classes is just too much work.  Also at high levels your mage pet becomes your tank if your BST is not beefy enough.  Add rezes from your necro, FD if all hell breaks loose -- COH from your mage... pet armor and weapons... DS... buffs and para from BST -- it's the whole package.

Xacer

Easy to really get figured out. Just depends on what content you feel like doin. IF its a bit newer and harder content then you go with SK/SHM/WIZ. Has all u need for a quality group. Pulls,Tank,Heals,SLows,Snare,Ports, and new Rez.

Pure dps in lower content id say Beast/Druid/Necro. Id use this because it gives you all you ever need for a group like the one above. Pulls,Tank,Heals,Slows,Snare,Ports,Rez with little effort. Bonus: depending on what/where you are fighting, Druid kiting with necro/beast pets on the rear...attack on, and u do the rest with druid, Killed sum very nasty hitters this way with druid/bst i box and im sure it would have went faster with a necro pet/dots ).

I guess you could use Mnk/shm/wiz also but u rely on mnk snares is all. and like the first pick, very hard wizard kiting.

So SK/SHM/WIZ for best 3 box combo. Bst/Dru/Nec for the best dps team (Might not be able to kill what team 1 can but youll kill alot faster is normal content.)

Vidyne

Khauruk

TURNCOAT!!!!!

wildwaters

I would go with sk /shaman /wizard if doing newer content and not raiding.
   However. Personally If I were to reroll my toons and do older content I would probably do zerker/shaman/bard or something like that for dps. The tanking leaves soem to be desired unles you are in decent stuff but the dps would be pretty sweer. Basically two support classes on high melee dps. Would be pretty damn sweet >.< I'e been Pling a firends zerker and he has nothing for gear (still glooming stuff at 65) but he can still put out a little damage in vladeholme where we box.

Kraeel

I personally box a chanter, beastlord, and a ranger. I can only sum it up in 2 words Really Awesome. Enjoy if you do it.

AbyssalMage

Fastest killing 3 box that I've personally done was Wizzy, Wizzy, Necro. (Then they quit and I lost access to a Wizzy)

Couldn't take anything on that summoned but everything else was DEAD!  Necro played the puller, snare, Debuff, DPS, & Rez roll in that order.  Usually After Wizzy #1's nukes started going off that was suffieceint to hold agro while I started Wizzy #2's DD Macro and Necro's DoT Macro.  And was limited to open area's although I did a few dungeons where I kited with the Necro and then blowing things up with the 2 wizzies.

Imagine today with Merc's you could run Tank and Cleric x 2 and Blast anything faster than it could kill you or the merc.

Druid or Mage w/ Pet Stun could be fun but never got the Mage high enouph... + Mage and Necro where on same account  :-(
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus

trixbro

Can you get these missions with two toons? I'd heard it was three, but havent played since they have been up.

Volo

Quote from: trixbro on September 23, 2009, 05:29:30 PM
Can you get these missions with two toons? I'd heard it was three, but havent played since they have been up.
Picked one up with 2 a couple days ago

trixbro

thnx for reply and my post shoulda been under the mm mission thread. guess after loggin in i picked up wrong thread.

Mazame

For them MM I box them or run with a friend
Solb(naggy) = Nerco / Chanter / mage  = 30 min
Lower Guk (live) = Nerco / Chanter / Mage = 10-15 min
Cursed Guk ( Undead) = Nerco / cleric / Mage = 15-20 min
Total about 1 hour 5 min with zoning  getting new task and breaks and taskadding ppl in for free xp we take about 1h 30m total for a set.

if you looking for non MM's then I would say
1 melee class / 2 caster

Bst - nerco - mage  is very fast xp. bst can tank  once you click your nukes slow and melee dices you tab over to nerco load up with dots and FD tab over to mage that can nuke all out because best has full aggro by now.

Mage - Mage -mage  have air earth and fire pets  and the tab between the 3 mages nukeing so you don't pull aggro

The problem with having more then one melee class is you have to keep them in range and using there discs where thier dps comes from mean you have to focus on them more. caster you can nuke or not and then leave them alone to med as u use others

I don't 3 box much mostly 2 box but I love my bst chanter or bst ranger but they are not as fast of kills as my bst nerco