Main Menu

AA Feedback Request.

Started by Dalnoth, January 30, 2008, 10:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dalnoth

Heya! Nodyin is looking for AA feedback from correspondent's and since beastlords currently don't have one, I've been asked to get feedback from you guys on AA's. Just respond here using the proper format and follow some rules for me to make me job easier. Thanks!

- Please keep it constructive.
- Include problematic AA's/unresolved issues at the end as an append.
- Follow the format here for the meat and potatoes.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Format:
* General AAs you'd like see more of

* General AAs you'd like to see

* Archtype AAs you'd like to see more of

* Archtype AAs you's like to see

* Class AAs you'd like to see more of

* Class AAs you'd like to see

Don't let fiddling little things like code requirements limit your creativity.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anytime in the next week for this would be great so I have a few days to compile it.

Inphared

General:

Increased ranks on:
-- General Sturdiness
-- Delay Death
-- Combat Agility / Stability
-- Mystical Attuning

Archetype:

Increased ranks on:
-- Burst of Power
-- Healing Adept / Gift
-- Veteran's Wrath
-- Mental Clarity
-- Expansive Mind
-- Companion's Durability
-- Fury of Magic
-- Weapon Affinity

I'd like to see us get Destructive Fury.

Class:

Increased ranks on:
-- Focused Paragon of Spirits
-- Feral Swipe
-- Bestial Alignment
-- Companion's Agility
-- Hastened Thunder
-- Roar of Thunder
-- Sinister Strikes
-- Ambidexterity
-- Pact of the Wurine
-- Spirit Frenzy

Give us a fucking invis AA. Get over it, we need one. Using a level 43 spell is outrageous when EVERY other class has a form of AA invis available, with most being set duration.

Problematic issues:

Pact of the Wurine has a short duration and an undesirable illusion portion by some. Suggestions are to increase the timer and to mimic the necromancer lich spell or shaman spell types. Either separate the illusion portions or make them stack. It's also been requested to stay shrunk when you recast the spell.

Regular Paragon of Spirit is still lacking in the mana regen portion of the AA. An increase wouldn't be out of line in my opinion.

Focused Paragon of Spirits could use a "has worn off of" message.

Taste of Blood (or the recourse, Blood Frenzy, to be more specific) is entirely lackluster. Increase the benefits of the effect to make it more in line with how rare a pet kill shot can be.

Roar of Thunder currently both generates agro and reduces it. Suggestions are to increase the hate killed, or possibly make it a melee swing to reduce the agro from doing spell damage.

Spiritclaw

Possible additions to class:

AA swarm pet -- only pet class without an AA swarm, as a side note, even some non pet classes get swarm pets

AA set time invis -- only invising class that has no set time, self only or targetable, long over due

edit:

AA Levitate -- just an idea
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Nusa

Possible additions, much like was done with Forage this expansion, improving Iksars and giving the rest of us the ability to Forage.

AA to improve Sneak skill by 50.
This would let Vah Shir have a more reliable Sneak, while the other four beastlord races could gain the ability.

AA to improve Safe Fall by 50.
Ditto for Safe Fall.

AA upgrade(s) for Pact of the Wurine.
Longer duration and faster runspeed than the current version. Perhaps make this illusion survive zoning as another upgrade?

Adruger

Like some of the other ones also, would like to add a pet RS though, quite annoying that our pet can't keep up with us.  Even with SoW it runs slower than Wurine does.  And indoor the only choice is shrew.  I would pay the same AA for the pet to run Wurine speed as I paid for Wurine/RS5

Shieara

General
============
Combat Stability
Combat Agility
General Sturdiness

Archetype
============
Burst of Power
Companion's Durability
Healing Adept
Healing Gift
Veteran's Wrath
Weapon Affinity

Would like to see Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery.
Would like to see Destructive Fury.

Class
===========
Bestial Frenzy
Bestial Alignment
Feral Swipe
Focused Paragon of Spirits
Paragon of Spirits
Frenzy of Spirits
Pact of the Wurine
Ambidexterity
Sinister Strikes

Would like an aa that increases our block chance.
Would like to see an aa where our pets can crit their procs.
Would be interested in a way to command our pets to /shield us or even another person.
Would like to see an aa that mimics the "Summon Companion" spell.
Like most I'd like a timed invis.

Problem aa
=============

Taste of blood.  It is arguably the most useless aa we have.  However I believe that position is taken by advanced pet discipline 2.

Pact of the Wurine - The effects from the aa are great.  However, the duration is problematic considering that you have to reshrink every thirty minutes. 

Urim

General AAs you'd like see more of
  *  Stat/Resist increasers
  *  ND/CA/CS line
  *  General Sturdiness line
  *  Delay Death line

General AAs you'd like to see
  *  Sneaking - Grants an increase of 50 to the Sneak skill of all who purchase it. Increases cap for those that already have, gives the skill to those that dont.

Archtype AAs you'd like to see more of
  *  Burst of Power, Combat Fury, Veteran's Wrath, Weapon Affinity
  *  Spell Casting Fury, Fury of Magic
  *  Healing Gift, Healing Adept, Spell Casting Reinforcement
  *  Companion's Durability, Pet Affinity (obtains owner mod2s),

Archtype AAs you's like to see
  *  Destructive Fury
  *  Heightened Endurance
  *  Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery
  *  Bestial Intervention - Bestows your pet with a buff that will save it from death xx% of the time. (Make recast and duration the same to start, something like 5-10 min ... then you can add another aa to shorten the recast time but leave duration the same or increase it) Further lvls of this AA will increase the chance that the pet is saved.

Class AAs you'd like to see more of
  *  Bestial Alignment
  *  Feral Swipe
  *  Focused Paragon of Spirits
  *  Frenzy of Spirit
  *  Pact of the Wurine
  *  Paragon of Spirit
  *  Roar of Thunder
  *  Sinister Strikes
  *  Warder's Alacrity, Warder's Fury

Class AAs you'd like to see
  *  Hastened Mass Group Buff
  *  Specialization - Allows the beastlord to acquire an arcance specialization
  *  Hastened Afflictions - Reduces the casting time of all damage over time spells by 10/25/50% (Instead of getting rid of our DoTs all together, I propose that they get boosted by a LARGE amount, then an AA like this will make the cast almost as fast as a nuke, thus making it easier to cast in battle and lose less melee)
  *  Various animal based attacks on same timer as Feral Swipe. Each different one will offer some type of utility. Examples include: Bite of the Asp - large dot, Raven's claw - Claws at the eyes reducing mob accuracy, Gorilla's Smash - Stun

Problematic Issues:
  *  Pact of the Wurine - Possibly change this so it has the same stacking ability as the Shaman werewolf illusion. This would be so that a beastlord could use another illusion on top of it making it so that every beastlord doesn't look the same.
  *  Taste of Blood - Terrible, terrible, terrible waste of AA points. Pet kill shots happen very infrequently, even while soloing. Add in this effect only lasts 30 seconds, about the time the next mob would normally be inc to camp when soloing and the fact that the "boost" doesn't provide anything noticable or parsable. Increase it so the boost is100x better, let it proc off a killshot from pet or owner and land on both pet and owner, make it so the buff lasts a few minutes .... or just get rid of it completely.
  *  Steeltrap Jaws/Lockfang Jaws - suffers from the procs being eaten by other pet procs, practically useless in all settings (in raids won't land with shamans around, in group/solo only way to know it lands is by audio trigger and no way to know when it fades)
  *  Growl of the Puma/Empathic Fury - targets the pet and wipes the previous target so one cannot tab back. AAs such as hobble and mend companion do not suffer from this same restriction, is there anyway to make spells and discs act like the AAs and not autotarget pet?
Maelin Starpyre
[80 Arch Animist] Urim the Library Guardian (Iksar) <Crimson Tempest>

'Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity'

Maylian

General:

Increased ranks on:
-- General Sturdiness
-- Delay Death
-- Combat Agility / Stability
-- Mystical Attuning

Archetype:

Increased ranks on:
-- Burst of Power
-- Healing Adept / Gift
-- Veteran's Wrath
-- Mental Clarity
-- Expansive Mind
-- Fury of Magic
-- Weapon Affinity
-- Would also like Destructive Fury

Class:

Increased ranks on:
-- Focused Paragon of Spirits
-- Feral Swipe
-- Bestial Alignment
-- Companion's Agility
-- Hastened Thunder
-- Roar of Thunder
-- Ambidexterity
-- Pact of the Wurine
-- Spirit Frenzy

As with others new AA's I'd like:

-- AA invis.
-- Hastened Focused Paragon
-- Swarm pets - bugs me that bards and SK's have it and we don't.
-- AA defensive stance, similar to bestial alignment is an AA disc.
-- AA summon companion
-- AA slow - Enc's and Shammies have, replace steeltrap spell line with an duplicate (lower slow %) AA castable by the player. We then don't have issues knowing if it a) landed b) when it wears off.
-- Gift of Radiant Mana....long shot but would love SoE to give us a high mana cost big nuke we could use as a gorm spell. Although would go against the grain of their thinking.

AA's to be improved:

-- Taste of Blood....I use it as a timer so I know that epic will wear off soon and its sporadic dps increase if I'm lucky.
-- Roar of Thunder....Needs to be a larger deagro component, along with another line of hastened thunder.
-- Wurine could do with having the duration slightly extended, and maybe split into two component buffs.
-- Hobble of Spirits....remove the recast timer. If SoE are going to continue forcing lockfang/steeltrap on us then we should be able to rebuff it at will and not wait 5 minutes.

Orbus

Not for spells...my bad.

Jilen

Would love to see:

Invis Duration AA
Something to make the pet's run speed faster. I hate loosing my pet. Even with SoW or the shammy buff, my pet still gets "lost" all the time.

Each race should get an AA that does a special attack. Named different for each race, kind of like Feral Swipe, but each race gets a different one according to their race.

Need a Pet Swarm AA.

Drop the illusion of PoW or change it depending on class, so all dont look the same, may be just the color, but something different. Change the timer on it to more. May be add a shrink factor to it, so we dont have to shrink every time we use it. Adding a 2 X shink to that AA will help a lot, and incressing the timer on it.

Just a few idea's.

Sharrien

Swarm pet AA.

Instant summon companion that also clears aggro.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Rabekiz

Quote from: Orbus on January 31, 2008, 11:08:23 AM
Maybe I missed it all those posts above but how about a new slow. Increase the resists or something. I can't remember the last time I landed a full slow on a mob.

This post is about AAs not spells. As an aside however, I doubt we will ever see an improvement to slow. Our current personally casted slow works just fine. An AA slow might be interesting but I'm not sure how you would balance that with enchanters and shaman as well who would also demand an improved version of the AA. We could ask for an AA to decrease the mobs mitigation to slow, not sure how easy to code that would be. I think as a community however we should place a decreased emphasis on slow (its about as good as its ever going to get) since SONY thinks slow was too overpowered when introduced and they have been trying to mitigates its effects ever since.

Wouldnt mind them leaving Roar of Thunder the way it is if they gave us something along the lines of rangers jolting kicks to augment it.

Agree with most of the AA proposed, wouldnt mind seeing them reduce the casting time on normal paragon to put it inline with the cast time on focused paragon.

How about an AA to make a new Spirit of Frenzy that affects the entire group, and enable it to be MGBed. Kinda similar to beserker warcry - minus the overhaste of course.

thor

if they give us anything like jolting kicks it will come with a big cost look how much endurance that uses on rangers and its not the damage part they up ed that its the deagro of it.

Jazzera

* General AAs you'd like see more of

Combat Agility
Combat Stability
General Sturdiness
Planar Power

* General AAs you'd like to see

Sneak increase skill would be a nice idea
Innate Corruption Protection

* Archtype AAs you'd like to see more of

Spell Casting Reinforcement
Spell Casting Fury
Combat Fury
Veteran's Wrath
Healing Adept
Enhanced Agression
Healing Gift
Mental Clarity
Burst of Power
Fortify Companion
Fury of Magic

* Archtype AAs you's like to see

Destructive Fury
Heightened Endurance
Spell Casting Reinforcement Mastery

* Class AAs you'd like to see more of

Bestial Alignement
Focused Paragon
Paragon of spirits
Hastened Roar of Thunder
Ambidextry
Frenzy of Spirit
Feral swipe
Bestial Frenzy

* Class AAs you'd like to see

Hastened Focused Paragon
Fixed invis AA
Tanking ability AA something like Fortify Companion but for the bst himself
Hastened Feral Swipe

Hzath

General:

More...
Combat Agility/Stability
Planar Power
mystical attuning

Archetype:

more...
veterans wrath
combat fury
burst of power
fury of magic
mental clarity
expansive mind
healing adept/gift

would like to see..
destructive fury
healing boon
spell casting reinforcement mastery

Class:

more...
Beastial Frenzy
jagged claws
roar of thunder
hastened roar of thunder
beastial alignment
frenzy of spirit
paragon
focused paragon (tell them thanks for this in the first place)
pact of the wurine(longer duration at least)

would like to see...
hastened mass group buff
some sort of swarm pet as mentioned before
some sort of AA defensive "discipline" that affects us as well as warder

Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.