Main Menu

Easy AA spot at 78

Started by Gunzak, February 24, 2008, 04:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunzak

I was bored and had an hour to kill before a raid so I went and checked on WoS Murkgliders and at 78 they are light blue and 4% a kill.  I was about to kill non stop and got about 2aa in 80min or so.  Not a bad spot and zero risk of death.  Not super exp but it is 4% per kill.

NunnyaBiz

Best place I have found to solo at 78 was the Greenhouse in Katta killing snakes.
Get both quest, 1 where you slay 20 snakes and the other where you turn in 4 herbs as added extra exp.

Sardarni

Greenhouse solo at 78 is tough.  I went there a full set of SoF tier 2 gear and 1800+AAs.  Kiting as a beast is slow and when I tank the mobs I end up using a heal pot on every mob and focused Paragon.  I am only doing it  for the faction, because the risk is too great.

I am now 79 with 1950+ aa and it is still tough, with just one extra player, any class, any level, it gets better.

Hint: Pull with annul magic to get rid of the nasty proc.

At 79 some start to turn LB.

At 78, I loved PoFire C2, haven't tried it at 79

Gunzak

I was just posting about WoS cause I was surprised the exp was still 4% at 78.  I don't plan on leveling up again till all my defensives are done as well as another 100+ utility AAs are complete.  I got my new pet and nuke and I am happy.

NunnyaBiz

Wow, at 78 I didn't have any problems at all soloing snakes.
I only have little over 800 AAs (quit playing for over 2 years so way behind most in the AA department).
I'm basically geared in a full set of Elegant Vah Anima with Sublime Augs and Last bloods. (about 15,500hp unbuffed)
I am maxed in all defensive AAs.
Have my same old weapons I picked up 3 years ago (Handwraps of Captured magic & Fangs of the Serpent both with added lifetap augs so I have 4 lifetaps going off constantly and have all of my healing AAs maxed).

As you say, definitely pull with nullify magic so you don't have to deal with that snare spell they would otherwise cast on you.
I then put my bark at the moon pet on him, then my warder 1sec later which has Bulwark of Tri'Qaras Rk. II & Spirit of Lairn Rk. II and Steeltrap Jaws Rk. II on him plus buffed as well as I can manage.

Pet is able to tank the snakes fairly well with just a couple Promised Mending Rk. II cast on him.
I usually step in when snake is about 60% life left, I cast focused paragon & Panther on me prior to tanking and I rarely have to cast a celestial healing potion before snake is dead. But I also have 4 lifetap procs healing me.

Rinse and repeat, I can usually solo about 5-7 out of the 10 mobs before they start to repop.

Now at level 77 it was totally different, I "could" solo them however it was real sketchy, the new pet at 78 plus focused paragon made a world of difference.

Gunzak

You got me beat by about 3500hp and probably 200ac and over 300AA.  I bought a 10 count exp pot tonight so I figure if I spend every night doing murks for about 2 hours I can get a little over 7AA or 35AA per week.  In a couple weeks I can have max defensives, wurine, feral rank3, Burst of Power rank2 and a few ranks of pet defensives.  This doesn't include boxing with my Druid to level him up to 76 for his crazy damage shield and new wave spell.

Khauruk

Druid at 76 charm kites alligators in Loping Plains, bst sucks xp.  Probably about as fast as you'll get.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gunzak

I am in the process of getting my Druid some tribute items so he will have mana pres and dot focuses so he can kite better.  He has no problem kiting 69.1 Hard but I plan to move him to Icefall spiders soon.  Will have bst out of group to add extra dps.  My Druid is seriously lacking in AAs but I will rectify that soon.

Khauruk

Charm kiting =/= kiting - once you get the hang of it, charm kiting is about the fastest way to gain xp in the game.  I am able to get almost 10AA solo in a lesson on druid at 76 if I don't do stupid stuff (w/o xp pots, or other xp boosts).
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gunzak

I had extremely poor success charm kiting in icefall.  The charm would typically wear off after 30 seconds or less.  I didn't have Glamour of Tunare though so that should help a lot.  I have been reading the Druid board for suggestions on assistin my Druid which in turn will help my beastlord.

Khauruk

Aye, Glamour and rk. II charms help an insane amount.  I would recommend no more than 6 mobs in your kite group, w/ a non-laggy connection.  Some do more...I can't keep the initial few from getting killed incorrectly w/ more than 6.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gunzak

Do you charm kite or just charm one mob and attack another then break charm before it dies to get exp for kill?  I got Glamour of Tunare and Beast's Beckoning Rk II so I am gonna try charm kiting this week.

I also did Katta snakes tonight.  With my Druids debuffs and Focused Paragon I had zero problems killing the snakes.  Gunzak made 2AA in a little over an hour and Doogin made between 20-25% reg.  I would pull with my poison nuke, send pet, slow, BE, FP myself then tank.  Doogin would use wave, debuff, debuff, wave then alternate between heals and waves.  With Gunzak casting BE pet and poison nukes and Doogin casting waves the mobs died real quick.

P.S. I bought Pact of the Wurine today.  Made 3AA killing murks and 2AA in Katta and had 3AA already banked.  Now just need 6 more for Feral Rank 3.

NunnyaBiz

Excellent.
I would pull with Nullify Magic however if I were you so you don't have to deal with the snare they cast.
As far as slowing I just let pet slow with Steeltrap Jaws, its a better slow and procs immediately and is never resisted as far as I can tell.

2 boxing with your Dr00d you will never have any problems at all and once you get used to them you can solo them very easily.

I just logged on this morning real quick to kill one snake solo to see exactly what AA exp I get per kill before this next patch which I assume is suppose to give a slight increase in AA exp. I have 90% going to AA and got just a tiny bit over 2 Blue bubbles.
After a couple hours of killing you will also have quite a few Herb turn ins and 2-3 Slay 20 missions to collect which give like 3 1/2 - 4 Blue bubbles per turn in which raises the average AA exp per kill to at least 2 1/2 to maybe 3 Blue per kill so for every 10 -12 snakes you get an AA counting the missions.  Plus you get faction if you need it.

I also did the Portal quest so I can take the Portal right there near Hesia which takes you about 3/4 of the way back, only takes maybe 30-40 seconds to run back from there on a fast mule.
I cast a gate potion at snakes which takes me right in front of Hesia where I'm bound, I turn in 4 herbs, hit my hotkey (/say Greenhouse, /say Herbs, /say Retrieve) hop in the portal and i am back in about 1 min.

I can't imagine a much easier place to get AA if you are just soloing or 2 boxing

Khauruk

Charm kiting:  I round up 5 mobs, each with 14 minute snare and glamour of tunare on them as debuffs.  Circle them up, get enough distance, and charm one.  Tell it to attack one of the other mobs - all should attack them.  Hit innate camo to break charm, and charm another mob.  Tell it to beat down your last target.  Rinse and repeat.  As mobs start to get low hp, you'll start to get funny agro issues, and often have several following you and several on pet, so keep running :).

It takes a little while to get working well, but the rewards are insane.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

AbyssalMage

Quote from: Khauruk on February 27, 2008, 02:53:08 PM
Charm kiting:  I round up 5 mobs, each with 14 minute snare and glamour of tunare on them as debuffs.  Circle them up, get enough distance, and charm one.  Tell it to attack one of the other mobs - all should attack them.  Hit innate camo to break charm, and charm another mob.  Tell it to beat down your last target.  Rinse and repeat.  As mobs start to get low hp, you'll start to get funny agro issues, and often have several following you and several on pet, so keep running :).

It takes a little while to get working well, but the rewards are insane.

Off topic but how long do you think Sony is going to allow this to happen?  Basically they are going to put in coding to rectify this issue and your going to have another useless druid.  So I guess what I'm saying is rack as many AA's up as possible cause I can't forsee this lasting past next expansion.
Grimwar
81 Beastlord
Theris-Thule...errr....Prexus