Main Menu

Easy AA spot at 78

Started by Gunzak, February 24, 2008, 04:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khauruk

The ability to do this has been around since before I started to play the game in PoP timeline.  However, normal charming was more beneficial at the time afaik.  This is the post-nerf version to compensate for the charmed mob dps output change post GoD.  So, it's already been nerfed, and the devs have known about this for years.

Could it be nerfed?  Yeah.  Will it be?  Doubtful.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Gunzak

Guess you have to be 76 to charm the gators.  I tried using my highest charm, the level 71, and its too low to charm them.  Its also too low to charm the level 74 bears in Loping Plains too.  Still the gators are 19% AA per kill solo at 75.  They take forever to kill as a Druid root doting though.  Druid dots just dont put out enough dps.  I was averaging 1.2-1.4k per tick and a Necromancer kiting gatos near me said he was averaging over 6k per tick.  He was same level as me.  For now boxing Katta snakes is the fastest experience mt Druid can get.

hokarz

I'm sure that necro had max crit affliction aa's, dot extension focus and the best burning affliction focus he could find, all of which your druid probably doesn't have since you box him, you use him as a healer most likely. If you solo'd your druid as your main, you would probably work on your dps aa's first. *shrug* different classes, differen styles of playing the game.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Gunzak

True.  If I had gear that gave dot extension, and extra dps it would help a lot.  Necros also have way better dots then Druid do.  I went and did crocs today with Gunzak out of group and assisting with pet, dots and BE pet and my Druid got almost 1% reg per kill and 2% with exp pots.  Druid went from 10% into level to 76% into level from kiting and then a nice exp group in Gyrospire Beza.  We did Gyrospire Zeka after and the awesome focus earring droped but I lost roll and a Warrior won.  It sucks cause he is just gonna sell in bazaar and it was a HUGE upgrade for me.  It was the earring with Spire Servent focus.  My Beastlord is still using Qvic focus from boots which is 3-4 levels lower then the earring.

Blistar

Hi Gunzak ,

Long time no see.. 

I have and 80 druid and me and when I just want to grind a bit I go to Loping plains , set up near worg quest giver and pull worgs with my druid.  Decent AAxp in addition to faction for fangbreakers and quest XP reward. 

Cast reptile on your beast and just back out when you need a complete heal from your druid. 

My gear is a little better than yours, however your druid can keep you alive.  and if you get into trouble , ie multiple adds, zone into bloodmoon.. 

You could kite there with your druid also.
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1167624

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch.
Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759.

Gunzak

I did crocs last night after hitting 76.  It was difficult not having the AA clickie invis since sometimes they would kill my pet before my invis went off.  I quickly made 5aa and got Innate Camo and now that problem is gone.  Once I get the trick down I can easily see doing 6-10AA an hour here.  Pull 5 crocs, get pet beat down till almost dead, clickie invis, then nuke old pet and repeat.  They went from 19% AA per kill at 75 to 16% AA per kill at 76 but thats still real good experience for the risk.  Even not having the clickie invis, and losing several pets, I still made 5AA and 4% reg in about 90min.  Thats better then my Beastlord can do.

Gunzak

I have taken my Druid back to crocs a few times now and with vet running I can do 6AA in 30 min.  I made 14AA here yesterday and wasn't on very long.  I am going to get my Druid to around 150-200AA then go back to boxing again.  I want to try and get my Druids healing abilities maxed out so we can try some harder stuff.