Main Menu

Bst + Clr - 70 duo

Started by Koullyn, March 07, 2008, 07:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koullyn

Been almost 2 years since I have played so I have missed more than a ton of content. For a returning player where would you start to make up the 10 levels and get back into the groove? Gear is mostly Qivic (sp)  stuff and the low end of the expansion after that one.
-- Retired Level 70 Beastlord --
http://www.wowgamers.com
http://www.wwm.net

Sharrien

Depths of Darkhollow group missions for a start.  They all give awards on your cursor plus chest loot when you finish them.  I still wear some of the augments I got from DoD missions.

Also can try the quests for Jonas Skeletal Hand in The Buried Sea.  The quests are grouped by island.  Some are quite hard, but Monkey Rock and Redfeather Island should be right up your alley.  The mobs have relatively low hp, but hit in the 1k range, so heals need to be on the ball.  The missions result in a very nice augment in the end and also give faction for Blacksail Smugglers which is needed to buy several spells, the most important being Howl at the Moon at lvl 75.

Prophecy of Ro has a couple good augment quests as well that start in Rellic.  The kills aren't too bad and should be managable for you.  PoR also has group missions with cursor rewards, but I found them to be poor RvR.

There are numerous explore tasks for xp in DoD (Slipgear's Gem), PoR, TSS (Wanderlust) and TBS.  Good xp plus faction in some cases and they help you gain familiarity with new zones.

If you have some pp to spend, keep an eye open in the baz for attunable loot from Secrets of Feydwer.  It is heavily farmed right now and the gear outclasses most anything from prior expansions.  Not cheap, but prices are falling since so many people farm there now.  Also watch for 71-75 spells as you level up.  Since the level cap was raised to 80, the rank II TSS era spells have become a lot less expensive.

Everywhere you go you are going to find new tradeskill drops.  Some of the ores, loams, animal skins, marrows, silks and spinneret fluids are worth selling on the bazaar for good cash (unless you are a tradeskiller yourself), so don't destroy them even tho they are worthless to venders.
Savage Spirit Sharrien Dreamstalker
Primal Elementalist Ravingronn Blazewarden
Maelin Starpyre

Kenusten

Try Fate of the Combine (TBS) for levels.  The end guy hits pretty hard though.  If it works, you can get faction and Orux for gear.  You would need a third in group to get the missions.

Fate of the Combines was pretty good experience through about level 76.  The other Attiki one, Knowledge for Power, is slightly better experience.  The mobs average one level higher, however, unlike Fates, there are more places that have multiple pulls.  With Fate, you can pull the whole thing single with patience.  Knowledge for Power does not have a named.

Additionally Knowledge for Power takes longer and is more fiddlely to complete. This makes it good if you are going for exp, bad if you are going for Orum/Faction.

It takes roughly 2600 Orum to get to Ally.  Fate of the Combines usually sits at returning 25 Orum.  I think the new Tradeskill armor pretty much trumps the TBS stuff though, so the only thing you may want faction/Orum for are a couple of spells.