57 cleric(old main) 55 Mage   55 Wiz
52 Druid             55 Shaman
49 War             5 Necro
45 Sk
42 rogue
38 enchanter
15 bard (trader)

Background:

I have been playing since the first few months of release in 99.  The only time I was ubber was with my Cleric Pre-Kurnak with Hate Gear.
I quit serveral times due to RL/grind boredom and to try new MMO that friends were trying. I started playing MMO with M59 in 96,
then UO,EQ,EQ2,SWG,WOW,Vanguard.  My favorite was always EQ and since my last comeback (hopefully not quitting until eq dies), I am having a
blast. EQ has so much content and reduce grinding time (up to lvl 67 at least) that it became alot more friendly to casual players.

Goals:
- Would like to hunt Kurnak Era Dragons with my 4 boxes
- Be able to Epic 1.0 Cleric,Wiz, Bard and War
- Be able to get best Groupable drops

Questions:
Which combo you think would work best for end-game group? Personally I think BST, Cleric, Bard and War would do it since it covers most
aspect of a full group.  I created a few dps characters for farming purposes or grinding lower lvl stuff for AA and cash.  The only problem
with that combo is getting the max of each class since they are all melee.  Yes I think of cleric as melee, for sub 70 at least, since I get
decent dps with summon hammer and haste.

Another question, what fun group would you create with 4 accounts(4 wiz, 4 mages, 4 Nec,etc.), lets say for farming vendor loots?

Last one, but not the least, if I can with my combo, on which character would you focus the most for AA and Equipment?  I am thinking
of maximising my War with HP/AC bazaar or groupable loot since for new content, I think, the tank would likely be the weakest with subpar equipment. 
Also maybe offer some suggestion with cheap pp ratio vs quality of equipment that you could get for 100k (War has current hotzone drop up to 40, TSS armor up to 20 and old Kurnak weapons )

Kenusten

Quote from: Wilbycat on March 07, 2008, 10:41:30 PM
Last one, but not the least, if I can with my combo, on which character would you focus the most for AA and Equipment?  I am thinking
of maximising my War with HP/AC bazaar or groupable loot since for new content, I think, the tank would likely be the weakest with subpar equipment. 
Also maybe offer some suggestion with cheap pp ratio vs quality of equipment that you could get for 100k (War has current hotzone drop up to 40, TSS armor up to 20 and old Kurnak weapons )

The tank is always the best one to gear/AA first.  Especially since you don't have much in camp CC, the tank has to stay up.  If you are boxing the bard, I would not expect to be able to mez more than one mob.

hershel

I am doing something similar but starting from scratch.

I think your 4 man combo is good, but you will have dps issues if you mean real end game.  But as for your primary goals, they look fine to me.  Heck, I want to do 1.5 so 1.0 is definately within reach.

As for the plat question, I have no clue as i am on a server with no economy.  You want something, then you go get it.

As for fun, well 4 mages can tackle a lot I am sure with that many pets.  4 wizards would be a lot of damage, but summoning mobs may limit you.

On who would I equip first.  The warrior by far.  I am doing the same thing.  Any augs that drop that are practical do to that character first for instance.  That character is the one taking most of the damage.  Like was said earlier, it dies, you may have issues anyway. 

Good luck!

craftyrat

Why not warrior/bard/shaman/druid?  This adds druid (evac, ports, better snare, better ranged dps than cleric) and shaman (buffs!, better ranged dps than beast). I have used a bard in my 4 combo, and usually just equip him with a decent drum and use chants.

I'm in the same boat (just returned after essentially being on a 2+ year break).  I'm trying to decide between:
Account 1             Account 2         Account 3           Account 4
62 SK                  61 Ranger         61 Bard              61 Druid
                          69 Cleric           70 Enchanter       55 Wizard

SK, Ranger, Bard, Druid
SK, Cleric, Enchanter or Bard, Wizard

Craftyrat

Wilbycat

Well, I think most boxer started with 2 accounts to help their main when not finding group.  I got my first eq burn out with my cleric in Kurnak era, so I decided in one of my come back to try out the BST.  They were new and could solo very well contrary to a cleric.  I had access to a druid account so I duo alot with BST and Druid.  I did that until the Druid eventually quit.  In another comeback, just after POR, I decide to make a cleric on a second account since it was my first love.  With lack of dps I tried the mage route.  When it was time for a third account I went bard because I was one in Vanguard so it made my trio to BST, Cleric, bard.  When I was leveling my bard in NC, I found that I was not going to make it at higher lvl with bst as a main tank.  Hence my 4th account with a warrior. 

I am having trouble right now because I have to handle 3-4 melee, 4th being my cleric.  Probably will not be practical at higher lvl but up to lvl 60 hotzones, I find the added cleric melee dps not too shabby.

I might end up going pure class: War, Cleric, Enchanter/bard and wizz.  I will see as I lvl up. But I would like to keep BST in the picture.  Since I do not intend to raid with any of my character (I rarely have more then an hour or two strait to play), I will probably build a few fun group for farming purposes and build my BST,WAR, Cleric.  I will use a different Alt as a fourth character depending on the situation.

I like your suggestion, but with so many combinaison possible it is hard to choose with my limited time play :)

Chasom

craftyrat -

SK - Cleric - Ench - Wiz would be my recommendation out of your combinations.

The druid runs out of gas when trying to heal later on.  Having a bard as a slower would just make it worse.

Wilbycat -

As has been stated, I would focus on the tank for gear as they are generally the biggest limiting factor in what you can do.

Now, if you are planning on boxing 1.5s, I would recommend a SK tank instead of warrior.  Most of the 1.5/2.0s have fights with multiple adds that need to be handled.  SK AE aggro spells make them much more managable.  Being able to crit heal promised renewal is another little benefit.  The SoF pet is actually decent dps.  I could probably think up a few more benefits if it wasn't getting late.

In short, I'd tend to recommend SK - Cleric - Beastlord - Wizard or Bard depending on whether you'd rather have ports/evac or track/mez/stupideasypulls.

Kenusten

Campfires are more practical than evac.  As long as you aren't in an instanced zone.  If you wipe, you can just campfire back to your camp (don't forget to lay it).  If you evac you have to fight back.

The three slowing classes actually have some complimentary function right now.  With just four slots though, I wouldn't chose more than two of the slowing classes.

Shamans have group panther.  All of the slowing classes have pets with the ability to get the pet affinity AA (do it for all classes with pets, even encs wet paper pet).

Enchanters have a nuke proc buff.  All of the slowing classes nuke.

Beastlords have SE and focused paragon.  All of the slowing classes are mana heavy.  But then again, you would probably be more likely to point the focused paragon at the cleric.

Before I had my cleric I three boxed a BL, Enc and Shaman regularly. The BL had max defensive AA for the time and the Shaman had max healing AA for the time.  It would not have been possible otherwise.  The three slowers actually work well together in a full group.  And two slowers would work well in a four person group.

I would say SK-Cleric-BL-Shaman, SK-Cleric-BL-Enc, or SK-Cleric-Enc-Shaman.   If you play an enc, always bring two as long as the mobs are mezzable.  That cuts down the non-killing time.

Bards do slow too.  I haven't included them here because I don't play with bards much.  They are semi-rare on my server.

Chasom

QuoteBards do slow too.  I haven't included them here because I don't play with bards much.  They are semi-rare on my server.
Bard slow has no resist mod, a long recast, the shortest duration (1 minute), and, unless instruments modify it, the lowest % slow.  I love bards, but I'm not sure I would want to rely on their slowing ability.

Bards are a boost to the entire group though.  Overhaste, haste, nuke/dot focii, AC, DS, and mana regen make a good group even better.

Wilbycat

Update:
For now I am sticking to my original combo:
67 Bst, 60 cleric, 60 bard and war now at 57. I will get them to 70 to see how it goes. I will probably need to lvl Shaman, Mage and wiz too someday to give me more flexibility for a given content.  The real challenge is not that much which class to choose, it is how you are able to get the max of each class when 4-boxing.  For now it is not an issue since I am at the lvl 55 current hot zone Crypt of Naddox.  The flaws of my combo will surely appear at lvl 65+ hot zones (lack of CC, DPS, tanking if I cant upgrade gear to the content, etc.)

I will keep you up to date when I get there, might be next week since I am on vacation and plan to play as much as I can during that time :)

Fun group:
For when I have less then an hour to play I made a new fun trio Pally,rogue, rogue all gnomes since I find them very funny when running hehe.
Once I lvl them to 40+ I plan to quatuor with my 42 halfling rogue on the first account to make it Pally, 3 rogues.
I chose Pally for tanking, healing, stunning, rooting and some form of rez.  Hopefully be able to keep agro from 3 rogues hehe.

Kitathia

Every mellee should have a bard sidekick - seriously! I at times "borrow" hubby's bard to just play songs and suck up exp. It's not hard to tell the difference when songs are going or not. I don't play a bard much myself ( got a level 42 ish one) but in a group a GOOD bard can make all the difference - paci pull - snare - mez - charm and ofcourse all the buff/atk/haste/DS and whatnot songs.

Shaman is not a bad choice either - the buffs - slow/Lassitude - dots. I rarely need heals from the SHM since I box the cleric too, however if pets are OT'ing harder mobs I can keep everyone up with CLR/SHM Was able to kills 3 polarbears at a time while farming for skins in Icefall. With bst single/group paragon it was pretty steady pulling. And none of my toons are ubar - far from it.

KitKat

Savage Spirit http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1265061 KitKat -80 Beastlord - Quellious