Main Menu

Is there a pet haste cap?

Started by semi, March 10, 2008, 10:09:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

semi

I known the player haste cap is 100% ( buff + item ), except bard overhaste.
Is it the same with our pet?
If my pet get the 20% haste mask and our 85% haste buff,
dose other SHM/ENC buff ( such as celerity ) useful?

nlaak

The 85% haste is spell haste, so I doubt it would stack with the chanter/shammy haste.  Personally when boxing a chanter, I do still haste the pet though, for the other benefits of the high level chanter haste.

Kanan

Quote from: nlaak on March 10, 2008, 01:04:36 PM
The 85% haste is spell haste, so I doubt it would stack with the chanter/shammy haste.  Personally when boxing a chanter, I do still haste the pet though, for the other benefits of the high level chanter haste.

Such as crit increase, etc.

That's sole reason I don't keep em blocked.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

laissez

You wont get any benefits from the haste portion of the spell, b/c like there owners pets also have the 100% haste rule.  I'm next to positive pets get effected by overhaste too, so pet haste + mag mask + bard overhaste aura would be 130% haste for ya pet. 

The great thing about the bard aura tho is it effects your howl at the moon 18 second pets, since there summoned w/ no haste the 30% haste is huge and when you proc 4 pets its works out to some very nice results.
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Spiritclaw

Quote from: laissez on April 09, 2008, 05:25:28 PM
You wont get any benefits from the haste portion of the spell, b/c like there owners pets also have the 100% haste rule.  I'm next to positive pets get effected by overhaste too, so pet haste + mag mask + bard overhaste aura would be 130% haste for ya pet. 

The great thing about the bard aura tho is it effects your howl at the moon 18 second pets, since there summoned w/ no haste the 30% haste is huge and when you proc 4 pets its works out to some very nice results.

I don't think any kind of group buff affects the WW pets.  You can cast group buffs all you want while they are up, but they don't land on WWs.  Of course, aura's might be different <shrug>
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

SpiritofBeast

The group buffs do affect the WW pets no matter if casted before or after the WW are up. One example seems to be growl which increases pet dmg. My WW pets do have an increase in dmg when that buff is on.

laissez

aura's and buffs effect it, i once casted peerless penchant while i had a 4 pet proc and it landed on them all.  Nice little dps boost might i had, plenty of flurry spam too;)
Elder   Laissez Fairez
75 Beastlord Luclin Server

Kanan

hmm.. now that's a thought.  Was it just the 50% haste recourse or the 85% haste that landed?

Camikazi

Most likely was the Recourse that landed on them. And I gotta try that sometime, but timing it would be difficult during a fight.

Icekracker

That sounds like a cool idea (and I want to try it out as well), but i don't think it will have a very large impact due to the cast timers and the randomness of 4 pets being summoned.
Icekracker - 80 Beastlord of Bertoxxulous

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1378435

Camikazi

BTW, I posted this in another thread but can't seem to find it now =P anyway, last night I noticed that Peerless Penchant recourse is being extended now, it was at 15:36 for rank 2. Maybe they found a way for pets to use their owners AAs? Still low for the haste recourse, but this makes it a little bit better.

Kanan

I'm still of the opinion that anything less than a half hour is a total waste of time, since it is inherently inferior to potion haste.  I'd rather spend the 10 secs per person clicking my pop tunic than casting this spell when I'm running fine line on OOM in a good xp group.

Camikazi

True, I still don't use it, but if they have figured out a way for pets to use owner AAs, it can be interesting.

Spiritclaw

I'm sure that group spells don't land on WW pet.  I cast paragon while I had 4 WW pets up, did not get one message saying it landed on Spiritclaws Pet.  Even scrolled back up to verify
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Vidyne

No group v1, group v2, or recourse buffs that I have cast landed on Vidyne's Pet that I can tell looking in game and at logs.
Single casting celerity did land on Vidyne's pet however.

Not sure how you got an ability to land group buffs on the swarm pet, but send it over my way....  none of mine land, and never have.

I tested with paragon, SVivacity, SE, and peerless.