Main Menu

Suggestions for 67?

Started by EQDorgoth, March 27, 2008, 03:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EQDorgoth

I'm looking for suggestions for a camp for 67... I'm decently geared with a very modest amount of AAs  (see magelo).  The Bees in BoT Courtyard have gone LB on me, and exp is crawling so I am trying to find a place to kill.  Fluffy is a bit under powered at the moment, although I have my 68 spells bagged and ready to mem.

So where is a beast to go for good solo exp at 67?  I'm hoping for a good set of Dark Blue mobs...the best would be like the good ol' days in Droga at 65, but I'll settle for whatever I can get!

I have seen the thread below about 67, but I think the new con system has mesed changed the good solo spots...a lot of stuff that was DB had gone LB and the exp just really crawls at some of the spots....

Bendere
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/857443

Spiritclaw

I know I was soling in GE in my high 60's, but that was before the con changes.  Not sure what exp would be like for you now, but it's worth bringing up.  I was soloing at least 1 bedroom area before respawn, and sometimes outer area's as well.
Spiritclaw Sadiablo
80 Beastlord
AB Server

Skraach

The Steppes in TSS might work for you, do mobs at the ent from Goru'kar Mesa.  Witherans in Stoneroot Falls, or random mobs in The Barren Coast (shark quests for Pirate faction seems a no-brainer) all seem to be in your requested range.

Skraach

Also, Bloodfields from the previous post was still decent until I hit 68, then it really started to slow down.  67 I could keep the mobs at the Dranik ent completely mowed in both of the first 2 circular rooms, and handle the 2 guards and sometimes the High Priest before respawns.

Tiroon

The golems in Valor are one level higher that the beez and not any harder. If you were able to handle the beez you can handle those including the occasional spider add.
Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

EQDorgoth

Awesome tip on the golems!  They were DB and easy single pulls.  I was able to take out all the golems on one side and grab a spider before the repops started.

Hammered out Suspened Minion 1 and 2, and dinged 68.  What was I thinking?  Now they are LB and I am looking for something new to kill. I am considering hanging here for a bit more and just AAing for a while....max out CAgility and CStability, do a few more DPS AAs.... but for some reason, I always like to have DB mobs in front of me.

I am checked out The Steppes in a group and was killing the wasp spiders, but I'm not sure if I could solo the DB spiders...they were dishing out a bit much DPS for me to solo.

The suits of armor in the central hall of PoV are all DB but I really don't think I can get a single pull from there.

Next couple of spots that I plan to check are Cazic Thule and Murks in WoS (leery about this one).

Anyone have more suggestions?

Thanks again for all the help!

sicshift

hokarz

can always sac yourself down to 67.
Savage Lord Hokarz

Tiroon

Cazic has its good points but XP isn't one of them. I'd say stay there until you get a changeling, grab the aug off it and look somewhere else for XP. Staying theree would only be attractive if you want to stock your bazaar trader with the bloods for smithing and alchemy. If you want XP from a revamped older zone head to inner Grieg's End.

Don't expect too much though. XP will likely not be good until you have Hobble and can do the Murks.

One thing I always wanted to try at 68 but never found an open camp were the fiends in PoV. IIRC they are one level higher than the golems and if the permacamped status is any indication they should be worth your time.

Tiroon Firefang
Vah Shir Savage Lord
Stromm

Ignorance killed the cat! Curiosity was framed.

Shieara

If you don't have hobble yet (sorry I can't view magelo or eqplayers at work) I would recommend grinding that out before you go any further on levels.  Even if you have to hammer it out on light blues.  It opens up more solo spots that would have been dangerous or inaccessible before.

I'll try to think of spots at 67 that still are dark blue.../ponder.

EQDorgoth

Unbuffed Stats are
LVL 68
HP 5976 (Usually buffed to a bit over 8k w/ Temerity)
MANA 6687
ENDR 6485
AC 1318
ATK 1331
Haste 36%

My Combat related AAs
CAgility 8
CStability 4
Combat Fury 1
Bestial Frenzy 5
Hobble 1
Mend Companion 1
Suspended Minion 2

Ok, so CT is off the list, though the aug looks decent.  The Fiends in the PoV cave are the same level as the golems, and give just a tiny bit less exp...pulls are a bit harder, with a few double pulls until you get the spawn set.

I went back to BoT in a group and went to south wing.  I didn't realize it, but some of giants are higher level than the Bees in the Courtyard.  I am going to go back this afternoon and give them a try...I think I can probably set up in one of the smaller rooms and hammer out some good exp there.  They are a good mix of LB/DB. 

Keep the suggestions coming, they are very much appreciated!