Main Menu

Berserk Pet

Started by Kanan, April 15, 2008, 06:12:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kanan

The other night, on Fabled Quarm, I had something strange happen:  I lost control of my pet somehow.

I am not 100% sure of the chain of events, but I know I was charmed at one point.  I do not know if my pet got charmed somehow.  What he started doing tho was very strange:  he was attacking players sometimes, but seemed to be attacking Quarm for the most part.  After Quarm died, he started attacking players again.  At least 1 mage pet had the same issue.  The jesters etc were targetable as well, which was quite peculilar.

Is this a side-effect of the Quarm charm alone, or charms in general?  Been so bloody long since I've been charmed, I honestly have nfc.
Kez's Magelo 85 "Arch Animist" of Final Empire on Povar

Hzath

The same thing happened on our raid last night.  Everyone got pissed when their pets got killed by players after he died.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Inphared

If you get charmed, anything detrimental that hits you (hail of arrows, cone AE's, etc) will go onto your pets hatelist and he will attack them. The same goes if your pet gets charmed. He'll be able to attack players.

Kanan

hmm.. wonder if the pally got on the hate list cuz I hit him while I was charmed & got a lil DS dmg?

Inphared

Or a riposte and he missed you, something like that.

Sushe

Something along these lines has happened before in a few other zones. I have personally had Furball go pound the stuffing out of a druid (then the cleric that healed said druid) back in the RSS days.
It had to do with coding in the zone and ae's hitting pets. No, I was not charmed when it happened nor had I been charmed, we had just set up and it was the first pull.

Easiest way to deal with it is hold him then clear his hate list. However, if a player ae's him again you will have to rinse & repeat.

Also had a rogue mage pet assalut me outside of the Hole once.. mage zoned in but his pet stayed behind! Needless to say.. Goner was soon gone.

Kanan

problem i was having with clearing his hate list is that I had 0 control over him after the charm hit.  I know he was losing some buffs, bcs I was getting fade messages, but all of his buffs were showing up on the pet window.  At first, i was trying to control him via my usual hotkeys (/pet hold, /petback /petattack, etc) and nothin was happening, then I tried them with the keys on the pet window.

TabarQuell

Pets and charm are really funky, because once you are charmed, All PCs become a 'valid target' for your warder for the duration that you're charmed. the moment someone does something to you that they don't like (Any detrimental effect pretty much) they go into kill mode.

Back off / hold after you regain control will cause the warder to stop attacking people (and also be unable to attack them again, being no longer a valid target) but the people who he did attack will still remain on his hatelist and mess with thier OOC regen so you have to pocket / unpocket the warder to clear the list.

but completely losing control of a pet is odd, i wonder if someone tried to charm / mez the warder (which can cause all sorts of problems i'd imagine)

It's a weird issue, and i still remember praying not to get charmed in Samples of Corruption, cause i'd usually end up killing my group, heh.
Steamslayer Tabar Amastacia
Quellious Server
http://eq.magelo.com/profile/700199