Main Menu

slows

Started by phatman, April 26, 2008, 12:50:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phatman

When will we ever get a new slow spell, it has been 10 lvl's since our last slow spell,which in my opinion is a joke seeing that it is the same spell as lvl 65 slow..

Grbage

None of the slowing classes are getting a higher % slow and don't expect to get one either. With the way mobs mitigate slow it looks to me that devs have decided slow is to powerful and that is their way of phasing it out.
Grbage Heep
85 Beast of Torv

Inphared

The slow spells are different. One has a resist check, and doesn't last as long, while the other doesn't have a resist check and lasts twice as long.

Slows are powerful as is, so there's no reason to upgrade them. Many spells from lower levels still have uses (Invisibility, Champion, single-resist cures, to name a few). No reason to upgrade them.

Nusa

And if you put enough AA's into Mastery of the Past, your slow will never fizzle again...ever! Not that I recommend spending your AA's there until you have your core AA's done.

Hzath

Maybe we will get an AA slow next expansion, the shaman one is pretty awesome.  Not that I really need the spell slots, but that would be nice for when it gets resisted to not have to wait for the spell gem to refresh.
Beastlord Community Round Table representative.  Feel free to PM me or contact me in game (Drinal.Hzathz) about anything you think needs attention.

Khauruk

I'd put the chances of that happening at about nil.  I don't think we'll get any of our spells hotkeyed like that.

I am very curious about the group Frenzy of Spirit they seem to be making, though.  With how they have revamped Feral Swipe and Paragon lately, I am very hopeful.
TURNCOAT!!!!!

Fightclubx

/sigh, photographic memory does NOT mean actual intelligence Inphared.

despite the slight difference in resist mod... yes indeed both spells are pretty much the same. In some area's of the game (only god knows why) 65 slow actually landed more for me then the 70 slow..

/shrug I give up on this game. so whatever... /vent off

Otuol

Dude, Fight, it sounds like you have a watermelon shoved up your butt man.  Why are you being so cynical?  Prathun did a copy/paste this time around and I think most all classes are aware.  It's been a while since actual spells have been upgraded and not just progressed.  If you don't like the game for something the devs have done why are you spewing your sewage on this site?  I think we can tell you're fed up with it all and decided to leave the game for it, so good for you for owning up to what you say.  If you want to help out, help the community here look for a way to get through to the devs (if it's even possible) and be a part of the solution, not a problem.

I realize you've been around the block in this game and seen a lot.  I haven't raided to the end of the game but I've been playing since day 1. I saw when it was even worse when Verant had a hold of the game.  Businesses check the profitability of a fix before looking for a solution.  I work for a payroll company where we support our own software.  Just because there's been a dislike, or bug with the software for several versions doesn't mean we will finally fix it after you complain loud enough.  If it's not a big enough deal for a number of people, it just doesn't make sense sometimes to fix it.  We may lose a few clients over it.  I don't want to, but so be it.  Quit razzing man and help us out instead.

Maylian

Quote from: Otuol on April 28, 2008, 12:14:41 AM
Quit razzing man and help us out instead.

It's hard to do this when the same dev's are happy to ignore everything you say despite how vocal a whole community is. Peerless comes to mind since on and before SoF release day many of us were sending PM's to Prathun, Nodyin and Rashere to get it fixed and nothing. Despite that I haven't seen a complaint about the spell recently even though I guarantee 99% of you will still admit its fubar'd the way it is at the moment, the other 1% try and justify the spell to themselves. Maybe with the addition of Rytan in #1 position he can help out the class a bit more, he did a good start on pets with SoF. Although I guess you'll have to wait until November and the release of the first 1 year expansion.

Personally I've left as well, albeit only 1 month so far but fed up with the game and SoE's idea that timesinks are fun.

Fightclubx

click the 2nd part of Inphared's link, I dare you. Then try not telling him everything he say's is complete BS. Anyone who is that cruel deserves to be shat upon each and every day.

if I were a moderator I'd make him change it or ban him.

Icekracker

Inphared's link is just his profile, just clicked on it...

I believe you are referring to what Inphared's Link was like on April 1st when YouTube RickRolled everyone.

I think it's kinda ironic that you yourself have a movie about derailing a thread in your sig as well. :) If you are so done with the game, why do you care about this so much...?

Finally, to get back on topic, I don't think that we will get an upgrade to our slow anytime soon. We have been primarily a back up slower and it looks like our pets are unfortunatly getting any upgrade we would like to our slow. I think it's a good idea, but the implementation is wrong.

If our pet isn't a viable option, then we *should* have the option of slowing mobs for ourselves, maybe in the form of a much less resisted slow with a shorter duration due to the fact we don't slow on raids but mostly in groups. I don't think we should have same percentage of slow as shamans/enchanters have right now.

Icekracker - 80 Beastlord of Bertoxxulous

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1378435

Inphared

Quote from: Fightclubx on April 28, 2008, 10:58:12 PM
if I were a moderator I'd make him change it or ban him.

Buuuuuut you're not!

Icekracker

Inphared performs a Finishing Blow on Peace Negotiations! (32000) :P
Icekracker - 80 Beastlord of Bertoxxulous

http://eq.magelo.com/profile/1378435

Otuol

I understand where you are coming from Ice.  Please don't think I'm sticking my neck out for Prathun, because personally, I think he needs to be moved to a different department.  He may be smart enough to code but he sure isn't good enough to keep up with spells.  I really think EQ is starting to show it's age and I think the management team there at SOE is trying to cut its losses here.  I may be wrong, but at this rate they will have people leaving in droves in the next expansion.  I do agree SoF was just a huge timesink.  The factioning for several different camps was just plain frustrating.

nedoirah

Just a thought. I think they meant to slow down the progression through the expansion by dividing up the content to several areas. It does have the element of having a wide variety of content suited for this.